Kickstarters

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know he did a recent interview where they discussed the ink. I’m pretty sure he said the starting but it was a couple months ago. One of the gen con interviews from this year, if you want to go find out for sure!

Onoes Onoes Did you use washes on your figures? It helps the details really pop. It’s hard to tell from pictures, the details always get washed out. Some pics I have of my figures look like no wash and too thick paint, but in real life they look much better.

Yea, my gut says the same - I'm just not absolute, they're a weird vacuum in what I'm sure of.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I've been using Army Painter Quickshade (strong tone) on everything I've painted so far, which works but gives the figures kind of a dirty look. Now, so far I've only painted skeletons and a couple of grimy Mansions of Madness figures, so that was fine. I painted the figures my group has been using for D&D a bit ago, threw on that Quickshade, and while it did bring out the detail, it also muted the colors so much that it made me cautious. I did a super light coat of it on the survivors, and it brought out the wrinkles in the fabric and hair but that's about it. I decided not to do it on the lion and antelope because my SO spend a bunch of time kind of dry brushing details on, and I thought it would probably just end up covering that up.

I do think my girl (who took these pictures) blasted them with white light and also turned up the exposure, which ended up washing out a lot of the details. All in all though, I probably need to start watching painting tutorials and using washes >_<

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Watch some sorastro videos. He’s great and explains things simply. For some shade get some nuln oil for all around dark shade,dark clothes,metal. Get some Agrax Earthshade for skin/hair. Army painter quickshade is great when you want your minis to look dirty but not so good for skins or metal. Also thin your paints with a little (bottled) water, or make a wet pallete. Those basics will go a long way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The game hit me just right so I went all in, worst case my family doesn't like it like I do and I sell it.
upload_2017-12-8_21-13-6.png

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I almost did that, every time it was linked. Felt like I needed to either get it all or nothing and ended up w/ the latter.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The game hit me just right so I went all in, worst case my family doesn't like it like I do and I sell it. View attachment 157619

Not sure if intentional or not but you’re missing “40 days in Daelore” add on to be fully all in.

You’ll be pretty happy with it. The components are so damn nice. Every person that sees it comments on the quality. It plays really good solo too. Im not a solo player, but will do it to learn rules on complex games. I ended up really liking it solo and played through the entire solo campaign. Will do it again sometime when I’m traveling alone for work.

I also recommend the dice tray if you don’t have one already, I actually use it for every game now, it’s nice. My favorite part is the buttons that make it lay flat. I travel to my dads with games a lot so it’s helpful for me. Dice towers are cool but hard for everyone at the table to see. There are tons of trays to pick from though if storage isn’t an issue for you.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I almost did that, every time it was linked. Felt like I needed to either get it all or nothing and ended up w/ the latter.
. I did exactly the same thing. It's funny how easy it is after I backed massive darkness and feel a little burned by it. Luckily my son likes it so we are getting some use out of it. I wonder what dungeon calls are coming up in 2018? If I don't find anything I'll just get KDM and call it a year.

Vaclav

. I did exactly the same thing. It's funny how easy it is after I backed massive darkness and feel a little burned by it. Luckily my son likes it so we are getting some use out of it. I wonder what dungeon calls are coming up in 2018? If I don't find anything I'll just get KDM and call it a year.

If you want a "Crawl" KDM really isn't one - at least not until Nightmare Ram if it turns out how it's looking it'll be crawlish. KDM is amazing, but it's not a crawl.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I think this is the thread to post my friend's KS.

It's an all-in-one beach towel/pillow/bag (with zippered/waterproof compartment). Some early bird pricing still available at $39, full KS price is $49. He's also offering kid-sizes.

I can pass on any questions or whatnot. If you dudes like the idea, these should be ready for summer! Anywhere you forward this along for a forumbro is appreciated.

24f1b0a1338146c3edd360cc943fb7c2_original.png

6ede4b442196456f8b19a407c10402c4_original.GIF

Vaclav

I think this is the thread to post my friend's KS.

It's an all-in-one beach towel/pillow/bag (with zippered/waterproof compartment). Some early bird pricing still available at $39, full KS price is $49. He's also offering kid-sizes.

I can pass on any questions or whatnot. If you dudes like the idea, these should be ready for summer! Anywhere you forward this along for a forumbro is appreciated.

24f1b0a1338146c3edd360cc943fb7c2_original.png

6ede4b442196456f8b19a407c10402c4_original.GIF

Holy shit - no idea who to suggest it to for KS type purchasing - but I'd highly suggest you nudge him to contact places like Ron Jon if he's considering it as a retail product.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Id highly suggest making a thread in a different area of the forum. The tabletop gaming forum might not be the exposure you want. Maybe in the grown up area?

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I couldn't sleep one morning this week and I ended up late pledging for 7th Continent rookie bundle. Why am I so bad with money?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I not only have a bad habit of impulsively backing Kickstarter games, I sometimes buy extra copies with the intent of flipping them on Ebay. I actually rented a storage unit yesterday, in part to hold extra board games. I'm also staging other stuff there for an upcoming move, but the first things going in are extra copies of games I bought.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I not only have a bad habit of impulsively backing Kickstarter games, I sometimes buy extra copies with the intent of flipping them on Ebay. I actually rented a storage unit yesterday, in part to hold extra board games. I'm also staging other stuff there for an upcoming move, but the first things going in are extra copies of games I bought.

Man you should just post a picture of the games here and on BGG, take offers. Good time to do it before a move too, and skip the huge eBay fees.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Man you should just post a picture of the games here and on BGG, take offers. Good time to do it before a move too, and skip the huge eBay fees.

Yeah if you have some stuff I want I will buy, though I imagine your goal is to sell at a large markup from what you paid.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Not always a large markup, whatever the market price is on eBay for 2-3 extra copies, which makes enough to cover my personal copy of a game. Been real busy with work last fall so I missed the best window for selling a couple of them though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is live, and it’s Kickstarter exclusive...the entire game. Trailer is corny as hell, sounds like someone using cuss words for the first time haha. I’m a sucker for Adrian Smith so I’m probably in, although I shouldn’t be. Too many games and minis to paint as is.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
"
Saw this and am tempted to get it. Got a bit of a Dead Winter vibe with aliens from the trailer (not quite as corny above but close). Mini's look pretty nice too.