Kickstarters

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to be backing this one as I'm not a fan of the company and still salty over Dark Souls but there is an early bird discount that I'd thought I'd share.

Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace, via @Kickstarter

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to be backing this one as I'm not a fan of the company and still salty over Dark Souls but there is an early bird discount that I'd thought I'd share.

Devil May Cry™: The Bloody Palace, via @Kickstarter

Yeah no fucking way. Worst Kickstarter experience ever, rushed crappy game, terrible customer service, blatant lies. They’ll never get money from me again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Same. Fuck those fucking fuckers.

Edit: $117k out of $193k needed with 6 days to go. I would be overjoyed if this didn't meet their funding goal.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Same. Fuck those fucking fuckers.

Edit: $117k out of $193k needed with 6 days to go. I would be overjoyed if this didn't meet their funding goal.

It will sadly. It’s only a seven day campaign.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
The Bloodborne campaign is entertaining right now. They estimated ~$20 for shipping in the US and most people are getting between 40 and 65 ($47 for me on a $90 early bird pledge). Would expect this level of being wrong from a new company but this is CMON who has done probably 20+ kickstarters at this point. Waiting to see if they address it otherwise this will be the first one I cancel. Pretty much bought due to being a From fanboy but I have plenty of other dungeon crawlers already.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The Bloodborne campaign is entertaining right now. They estimated ~$20 for shipping in the US and most people are getting between 40 and 65 ($47 for me on a $90 early bird pledge). Would expect this level of being wrong from a new company but this is CMON who has done probably 20+ kickstarters at this point. Waiting to see if they address it otherwise this will be the first one I cancel. Pretty much bought due to being a From fanboy but I have plenty of other dungeon crawlers already.

Holy shit that’s a lot for shipping. If the tariffs on board games go through that’s going to end up being like a $200 base game. Feeling even better about canceling it now.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I got a set of these when I backed the Brass kickstarter (plus the 2 sets that come in the 2 versions of brass). I use them for points/money in any game that can support it. Much nicer and easier to handle than cardboard chits. Granted, you could get your own poker chips, but the quality of these is very high.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Splice and Dice started this morning! I didn't realize it is basically impossible to pledge the Strategist level. I was on when it went live and the spots filled in less than 5 seconds I would guess. The pledge levels are a little strange also, like it's good if you have everything, or if you have nothing. I got the most popular level which is the expansion, trove box, etc. I understand you can pick up the previous releases when the Pledge Manager goes live, but unless they are gonna discount (which I doubt), then I think you would be better off buying the older releases through their website, otherwise you are gonna have to wait until August or December to get those items.

Still, excited about this! Hope they make there December projected release date, because this would be fun to play over the Christmas holidays.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
530$ for a board game? I dunno now... This or Gotham City Chronicles season 2...

Don't ask me what I paid for my all-the-things Kingdom Death:Monster pledge.

But as of this KS, I'll have all the TMB things, and I have to say it's probably worth its cost. Surprisingly fun and addictive little game with fantastic component quality, with TONS of replay-ability.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Hahaha, yeah, I'm totally over 2k into Kingdom Death, I just can't stop buying/making shit to bling it out. I'm purchasing a new house right now, and my game room is going to be heavily KDM inspired, I've got ideas for custom hanging lantern lights and everything, I'm super pumped.

Just got my 7th Continent Kickstarter in and excited to try that out when I'm able. I popped open the bone dice set, excited about that... and was let down. The bag they come in is very throw away quality, and the actual dice themselves are underwhelming. Small brown plastic cubes with no weight, just fairly unimpressive. Not that they impact the game at all, just a bummer first impression from a paid extra is all.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Splice and Dice started this morning! I didn't realize it is basically impossible to pledge the Strategist level. I was on when it went live and the spots filled in less than 5 seconds I would guess. The pledge levels are a little strange also, like it's good if you have everything, or if you have nothing. I got the most popular level which is the expansion, trove box, etc. I understand you can pick up the previous releases when the Pledge Manager goes live, but unless they are gonna discount (which I doubt), then I think you would be better off buying the older releases through their website, otherwise you are gonna have to wait until August or December to get those items.

Still, excited about this! Hope they make there December projected release date, because this would be fun to play over the Christmas holidays.

That looks fuckin crazy. Lol at the interns!

Hatorade Hatorade you in???

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Never heard of Kingdom Death

There’s a thread on this forum on it specifically that doesn’t get into spoilers, you can see pics of some of the miniatures there. It’s an expensive, dark, bizarre, very long campaign town builder/monster battle game with amazing miniatures.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Fuck yeah thanks for the bump, the all in one chest is exactly what I needed. Backed at the 165 level. Hateyou Hateyou

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider

You basically start the game as 4 people who wake up in a hellscape world being attacked by a lion. The first section of the game is all miniature combat. Assuming you win, you get random monster parts as loot, and you find a random number of other people that starts your settlement. Now you have a town phase where you use all your loot to craft and do random shit, plus some terrible random event happens every year (like someone murders someone else, or it rains blood and all the babies drown in it, etc). At some point, your settlement needs more resources, so you go out on a hunt phase, which is basically drawing random story cards for all the shit that happens to your group while hunting. Then you fight a monster, back to town, back to hunt, etc etc. At certain points overarching story beats happen, boss fights, etc.

The game is about embracing the random terrible shit and thinking big picture. Taking chances but minimizing risk. Making decisions that you don't know the outcome of. Sometimes you are going to sacrifice half your population to buff the other half, sometimes you are going to invest a ton of resources and time into an amazing bad ass character who will get fucked by one bad dice roll, maybe you find a crazy looking sword stuck in the ground and have the choice to leave it or take it - you take it and bring it back to town, where it transforms you into a horrorshow that starts smashing everything. It's a great game, and I don't think there is anything exactly like it on the market. That being said, the base game costs $400 ($325 on sale) so, ouch.

Then you have amazing / insane people doing shit like this for the game. I would kill this man and take his things.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t know if anyone here is this deep into table top but thought I’d link this anyway. This is this guys third Kickstarter. I was part of the first one he did for a dice tower and it’s fucking awesome quality, I was impressed and still use it a lot. He ran a good Kickstarter too, with solid updates and timely progress. This one is for alien terrain, which is the same thing his last Kickstarter was.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

That looks like a lot of fun. Is the base game by itself good to go or do you need Undertow and add ons to make it feel complete? Was going to snag the base and Undertow on the website and do the $165 pledge on the kickstarter but they are sold out of Undertow and now I'm debating on being patient and just going all in on the Kickstarter.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That looks like a lot of fun. Is the base game by itself good to go or do you need Undertow and add ons to make it feel complete? Was going to snag the base and Undertow on the website and do the $165 pledge on the kickstarter but they are sold out of Undertow and now I'm debating on being patient and just going all in on the Kickstarter.

The base game is very good, as is undertow. You absolutely don’t need one or the other to make them feel complete. If you’ve never played and only want part, I’d say go with the base game first, you get more characters and there’s a few less mechanics than undertow so it’s more straightforward and easier to learn. If you go all in, you’ll be a very happy man when you get it all.

• 1Like