Kickstarters

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Folks that made the latest Shadow Run board game distributor really fucked them over (according to them who knows who dropped the ball). I got my legendary pledge minus the 5-6 player expansion but instead got a copy of a game called Jarl. An update said they are aware of the issue, go ahead and keep the extra game and they will get the expac out. Processor ended up sending all those folks like me another copy of the legendary edition while base game people still haven't gotten anything. If you want to see a defeated individual check out the latest update: If it really isn't their fault I feel bad for them because this seems like the sort of thing that ruins you, your fault or not.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Folks that made the latest Shadow Run board game distributor really fucked them over (according to them who knows who dropped the ball). I got my legendary pledge minus the 5-6 player expansion but instead got a copy of a game called Jarl. An update said they are aware of the issue, go ahead and keep the extra game and they will get the expac out. Processor ended up sending all those folks like me another copy of the legendary edition while base game people still haven't gotten anything. If you want to see a defeated individual check out the latest update: If it really isn't their fault I feel bad for them because this seems like the sort of thing that ruins you, your fault or not.
That's close to an extra 2000 base games. Holy fuck. I feel bad for them man because it makes their game worth less because they are now on the secondary market and that was probably close to all they had left. That is a huge screw up.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm on that same Kickstarter and yeah this has to be a nightmare for them as producing all those Legendary boxes took longer than originally budgeted for AND even that was too complex and so people who didn't order the CO-OP expansion got it anyway because it was easier to pack it in than not.

Just goes to show you that you may _think_ you are saving time/effort going with a fulfillment vendor but if you aren't careful you could be in a horrible mess. No idea how cheap they got these yahoos but between the mistakes and the delay in shipment there is no way it was worth the delta between this and just having Amazon fufillment take the ball.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That’s the worst Kickstarter fuck up I've ever seen beyond flat out being canceled. That would be soul crushing.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That’s the worst Kickstarter fuck up I've ever seen beyond flat out being canceled. That would be soul crushing.
I don't know, ninja division paid for the molds to be made for all of the models in one of their games, the company took the money, made the molds wrong and said 'oh well' and wouldn't replace them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know, ninja division paid for the molds to be made for all of the models in one of their games, the company took the money, made the molds wrong and said 'oh well' and wouldn't replace them.

Good lord. I’ve been lucky, the worst I’ve ever been a part of has been massive delays.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have one that has never come. It was like a 20 dollar deck box from a long time ago. He popped up like 2 months ago and said he would write an update and then left again.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have one that has never come. It was like a 20 dollar deck box from a long time ago. He popped up like 2 months ago and said he would write an update and then left again.

That sucks. You should check out boxes on Etsy. There are some cool ones that will be at your house in a few days. (Assuming you’re in the states I guess.)

This one has function gears to lock the box.

Some cheaper, functional, customizable ones.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah since then I bought an ultimate guard one. 4 years ago the quality on Etsy was really bad.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
That looks like a lot of fun. Is the base game by itself good to go or do you need Undertow and add ons to make it feel complete? Was going to snag the base and Undertow on the website and do the $165 pledge on the kickstarter but they are sold out of Undertow and now I'm debating on being patient and just going all in on the Kickstarter.

Hateyou Hateyou amd Hatorade Hatorade have a lot more experience with this game than me, but I will give you a little insight as someone who has only recently been playing. I think I got the base game....2 months ago?

Although I love the game and I have backed the latest KS, I understand there will always be people who will not enjoy it as much as some of us. I think $500 is lot of money to put up front for something that you may not enjoy. Also, when I look at the pricing, you are not really saving that much money. When the Pledge Manager opens, you will be able to get items......for what looks like retail price. The only thing you are saving on is shipping, and you also have the issue where you *might* be getting everything in December (they are in discussions about split shipping, but it's not an affirmative yet).

So my advice to you would be to get the base game now from the Chip Theory website. As a leap of faith, if you want, get either the $40 Splice and Dice expansion....or get the $165 pledge from the new KS - but realize, $75 of that pledge is for a storage box for a game you may or may not get more components for. It also looks like you will be able to buy that box in the future for $85. Regardless, you won't be getting any of that until December, and you will be playing the base TMB game in the meantime to determine if you like the game enough to invest further.

In my case, I've played it about 5 times, and really enjoy the game so I went ahead with the $165 pledge. In the meantime, I also ordered the 40 days of Daelore, Age of Tyranny, Ghillie, and Tink expansions, which cost me a little over $100 with shipping. So I will get to enjoy those components way before December (it's actually scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I'm psyched!).

I'm actually not excited about Undertow. Because I have the base game it seems like the game is overpriced for me because there are some components in the box that are redundant, like a lot of the dice. For me it would be about getting 2 other Gearlocs, and getting a different battle map.....but is that worth $80? I figure between the 4 gealocs that come with the base game, Ghille and Tink arriving soon, and Dart and Gearloc interns coming in December.....that's plenty of content for now. More than likely I'll just have someone give it to me as a Christmas gift or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Mizake Mizake the Undertow expansion is stand alone and has new mechanics, the extra dice have come in handy when playing with 4 people. Zero complaints with anything that comes in that box.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mizake Mizake the Undertow expansion is stand alone and has new mechanics, the extra dice have come in handy when playing with 4 people. Zero complaints with anything that comes in that box.

Agree with this. New baddies, new mechanics, new stories, bosses. It’s solid.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love everything TMB =) However, I just feel that if you didn't go all-in, and had to rank what to get after the inital TMB base box, I would put Undertow as low priority - just for me personally.

Again, I just ordered:

40 days of daelor
Age of Tyranny
Ghillie
Tink

Which cost me about $100.....which is only $10 more than Undertow, and I think gives me more variety and more of what I enjoy about TMB. I understand Undertow adds some sorta water mechanics, but I really want to play more of the base game before adding even more rules.

After that arrives, the only major things I will be missing are:

Undertow
Nugget
Gasket
Adventure map

That's probably the order of how I would prioritize what I have remaining. I don't think I will ever get the adventure map. As of now, I think I have enough Gearlocs and expansions to play with that will easily last me until December, when the KS hopefully arrives, and then I will have 2 more Gearlocs and more stuff to play around with. Since I have plenty to play with now, I will probably ask for Undertow, Nugget, and Gasket as gifts in the future and then my TMB collection will be complete =)

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Hateyou Hateyou amd Hatorade Hatorade have a lot more experience with this game than me, but I will give you a little insight as someone who has only recently been playing. I think I got the base game....2 months ago?

Although I love the game and I have backed the latest KS, I understand there will always be people who will not enjoy it as much as some of us. I think $500 is lot of money to put up front for something that you may not enjoy. Also, when I look at the pricing, you are not really saving that much money. When the Pledge Manager opens, you will be able to get items......for what looks like retail price. The only thing you are saving on is shipping, and you also have the issue where you *might* be getting everything in December (they are in discussions about split shipping, but it's not an affirmative yet).

So my advice to you would be to get the base game now from the Chip Theory website. As a leap of faith, if you want, get either the $40 Splice and Dice expansion....or get the $165 pledge from the new KS - but realize, $75 of that pledge is for a storage box for a game you may or may not get more components for. It also looks like you will be able to buy that box in the future for $85. Regardless, you won't be getting any of that until December, and you will be playing the base TMB game in the meantime to determine if you like the game enough to invest further.

In my case, I've played it about 5 times, and really enjoy the game so I went ahead with the $165 pledge. In the meantime, I also ordered the 40 days of Daelore, Age of Tyranny, Ghillie, and Tink expansions, which cost me a little over $100 with shipping. So I will get to enjoy those components way before December (it's actually scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I'm psyched!).

I'm actually not excited about Undertow. Because I have the base game it seems like the game is overpriced for me because there are some components in the box that are redundant, like a lot of the dice. For me it would be about getting 2 other Gearlocs, and getting a different battle map.....but is that worth $80? I figure between the 4 gealocs that come with the base game, Ghille and Tink arriving soon, and Dart and Gearloc interns coming in December.....that's plenty of content for now. More than likely I'll just have someone give it to me as a Christmas gift or something.

Thanks for the advice. Ordered the base game from their store and and put $5 down on the kickstarter to get into the pledge manager. Going to be visiting some old friends out of town that were my main gaming group for a good 10+ years and plan on bringing Too Many Bones to break it in with them. If it is a hit I'll probably go all in and leave my base game for them. Last few games I've brought with me have all been hits with the group (Scythe, Dice Throne, and 7th Continent) so hopefully this trend continues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Be on the lookout for etherfields coming to Kickstarter soon, I'll do a proper link once it's launched. A few of the minis.

b7d7d4c8259d0cd7237dec647a1a7969_original.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It's not live yet, but probably one to watch.

That’s a link to what the company has backed. I’m guessing you tried to link ether fields? The next one from those guys.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
My copy of Too Many Bones showed up today (kudos to the company on that insane turn around time). I am really impressed on the quality so far unboxing the game and damn is it a lot bigger/heavier than expected. The components are really well made and come in a nice pre organized box to start with. I plan on trying out a couple solo campaigns before packing it away for my July trip. Based on the quality of components alone I see blowing a lot of money on this franchise.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users