Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I love Gloomhaven. I really need a lighter dungeon crawl for the family. Right now Arcadia quest is as close as we get.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I love Gloomhaven. I really need a lighter dungeon crawl for the family. Right now Arcadia quest is as close as we get.

Ah ok. Maybe Mice and Mystics or Stuffed Fables? Not sure how old your kids are. I haven’t personally played them, but I really like the settings, if my kid keeps getting into board games I’ll probably pick them up. They’re both highly reviewed. The miniatures are great too.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

There is a sort of mini edition of Gloomhaven at Target called Jaws of the Lion that you might want to check out. If you want to go old school check eBay for Keys to the Kingdom. That was one of the first rpgish type games I played with my kids and they loved it. Very basic item management and the ability to easily screw over one another is huge and hilarious. It has a setup I haven't seen since with the fold out game board.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm planning on buying Jaws for a buddy, a strategic move so I can get him and his D+D playing son going on it. I'll check out Keys, thanks!

Maul

Dental Dammer
Altar quest is coming out soon, might be worth a look? Has a strong heroquest vibe

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Better yet, apparently Hero's Quest is relaunching? Avalon Hill has released a countdown timer to some sort of announcement:

HeroQuest

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Mav_Stl

Trakanon Raider
Anyone going in on The 7th Citadel? The 7th Continent was good but not great. This seems to fix a lot of the issues with 7th Continent but not sure if it's worth it at this point.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone going in on The 7th Citadel? The 7th Continent was good but not great. This seems to fix a lot of the issues with 7th Continent but not sure if it's worth it at this point.

With it not shipping until May 2022 I think I'm going to wait for a late pledge option on that one.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know these guys make quality games. This one has a pretty cool aesthetic and setting.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Massive Darkness is not too bad and not super costly. Its more akin to Zombicide, minus the bloat and one moron ending the game being an asshole. First Watch is another good light one, though not really a board game. If you don't care about coop and want a fast crazy game, Clank (especially the space variant) and Dungeon Quest are good ways to scratch that itch too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Zombicide itself is a good light crawler too. It’s decent enough my dad and I did ZBP all the way through, then a fan made campaign that was decent enough. It’s light enough I played it with my 5 year old last week (with the actual rules) and he picked it up easily and was having fun with it.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in on that one for $1. Lot of criticism against Mythic Games for long delays on projects (still waiting on Solomon Kane) plus folks are wondering if DD will really translate well into a board game without turning into a generic dungeon crawler.

The minis are definitely sweet though, but I wish they hadn't gone with red for all the enemies. I don't have to time to paint any of them, but I know they'd pop with just a dip or a wash like several other KS releases have done.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm in on that one for $1. Lot of criticism against Mythic Games for long delays on projects (still waiting on Solomon Kane) plus folks are wondering if DD will really translate well into a board game without turning into a generic dungeon crawler.

The minis are definitely sweet though, but I wish they hadn't gone with red for all the enemies. I don't have to time to paint any of them, but I know they'd pop with just a dip or a wash like several other KS releases have done.
I just do Zenithal on the games I don’t have time for painting. Can do it with two rattle cans and with a box that size it would probably only take an hour or two for everything. Seal them and you’re good to go.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

This looks fantastic to me. It's basically kingdom death with better rules. I'm about 98% sure that I'm backing it.

The Darkest Dungeon looks like one of those great projects that never makes it to the table. Still tempted though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Goddamnit, I hate that I missed this Kickstarter. I would have been in for 3x full sets.

Send them an email asking if you can get a set. A lot of times those companies order more than the Kickstarter to replace broken stuff, sell to retailers, late backers, etc.

http://[email protected]/

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Send them an email asking if you can get a set. A lot of times those companies order more than the Kickstarter to replace broken stuff, sell to retailers, late backers, etc.

http://[email protected]/
I've read a bunch of the comments from backers and it seems that fulfillment is a significant issue right now. The site says they'll make the minis available at retail when backer fulfillment is complete. I'll probably just wait until then.