Kickstarters

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you guys follow Kickstarter or how are you aware of all these? Do they advertise or something?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I just have my Kickstarter link sorted to open at new boardgames.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are like 2 new tabletop gaming projects every day so I just sort by tabletop and date started once a week until I get to stuff I have seen.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Do you guys follow Kickstarter or how are you aware of all these? Do they advertise or something?

Usually if you go in on one from a company they notify you of any new ones they are doing, I just got one for Massive Darkness 2 for example, because I backed a couple CMON games. Also just opening Kickstarter gives suggestions, usually games are at the top. Idk if that’s because that’s what the majority of mine have been for or if they are the most popular or what.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think the biggest issue I have with the kickstarter games (well other than COVID getting in the way of playing the damn things except via TTS) is the serious FOMO associated with the exclusive stretch goals. I often find myself stumbling on a review of a game I missed and which I think is cool... but don't want to shell out $$$ for a retail version that lacks the cool bits.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I think the biggest issue I have with the kickstarter games (well other than COVID getting in the way of playing the damn things except via TTS) is the serious FOMO associated with the exclusive stretch goals. I often find myself stumbling on a review of a game I missed and which I think is cool... but don't want to shell out $$$ for a retail version that lacks the cool bits.

Just avoid the CMON games...They are evil fucks with addons.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m in on this. I’ve always wanted to play but never wanted to spend $300+ on a board. I’ll give it a go at this price point.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Another dex game by the same folks that did MonstroCity. Reminds me a bit of the old Crossbows and Catapults game from Toys R Us (or maybe KB; been long time). Pretty reasonable buy in for the base game ($35) but the expansions seem a bit pricey ($110 all in).

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure why this one is tempting me. Maybe it's because i feel like i could talk my wife into playing it. I'm pretty sure I'll wait for the last day and spend an hour or two seeing if it's for me then.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure why this one is tempting me. Maybe it's because i feel like i could talk my wife into playing it. I'm pretty sure I'll wait for the last day and spend an hour or two seeing if it's for me then.

Ever thought of asking her?

Whenever I do that I just get an eye roll.

Qhue

Trump's Staff

God damn this thread!! Y'all are gonna put me in the poor house.

Sevens

Log Wizard

Kick starter starts Aug 11th

Last edited:

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure if I'm upset or disappointed that I'm buying a house this month and shouldn't afford this.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I'm not sure if I'm upset or disappointed that I'm buying a house this month and shouldn't afford this.
buy cheap, then upgrade as you can

Record breaking launch...over 1 million in 10 mins
Faster kickstarter ever to 2 million dollars
over 4 million in the first 24 hours

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Glad to see so many Geek Chic replacements, and that the market is apparently enough to support several high quality producers.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Starting the last day for the Massive Darkness campaign. I was tempted early and I was an all in on the first campaign. Now I'm considering just throwing the lot to free up shelve space. I know I could sell it for something but the time and effort just doesn't seem worth it. If I did go in for the basic $100 pledge trying to organize the beast would be daunting. The search for a great basic classic style dungeon crawl will have to continue on.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Starting the last day for the Massive Darkness campaign. I was tempted early and I was an all in on the first campaign. Now I'm considering just throwing the lot to free up shelve space. I know I could sell it for something but the time and effort just doesn't seem worth it. If I did go in for the basic $100 pledge trying to organize the beast would be daunting. The search for a great basic classic style dungeon crawl will have to continue on.

Have you tried Gloomhaven? Or Descent with the app? I’ve heard good things about shadows of brimstone, warhammer silver tower, and a couple others I can’t think of at the moment.

Massive Darkness was a big disappointment for me. I love the minis and aesthetic but they flopped so hard on the gameplay. I looked at the second one during the campaign but had no intention of buying. I didn’t even care for 90% of the minis this go around, which was about opposite of the first one.