Kickstarters

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those are pretty much high-quality standees right? I mean they look great. I usually never touch standees since they usually end up looking cheap. But if something like these were an option for Darkest Dungeon I'd have been in.
Ya. They're very similar to the Pathfinder Pawns, but..better. Front/back art, much more sturdy, clear background, the die cut hugs the outline of the art.

I should have mine in hand by Saturday.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The final chapter of Aeon’s End Kickstarter is live. Excellent game, though I won’t be backing this. I didn’t get the previous release, Outcasts simply because I’m not even caught up to that one yet. Still haven’t opened New Age yet but will some day. We enjoy them and play it in spurts. Other games are in rotation now, mainly Dice Throne since S1 and adventures arrived.

Anyways, anyone that likes coop deck builders should check the series out if you haven’t yet. It’s really good.

Thie one looks like a huge amount of content on it’s own, plus you can reach back and buy previous stuff too. That largest tier for everything is a fuckton of content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I got a lot of Aeons End and my real frustration is organization. Is it so worng that I want to be able to store each character and boss in a seperate bag or insert so I can minimize the scrolling through cards forever. Also, do they have an official app to randomly generate things?"

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Skinny Minis arrived today (delayed by the storm) and they're even better looking in person. I definitely recommend them. I spent nearly $1000 on my first order and I'm probably going back to the well for another couple hundred.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AAW makes pretty good stuff and this looked cool enough for me to back. It was funded within hours of launching so that's a good sign.

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Funded in 6 mins... As a person who plays D&D over zoom with people all over the damn country I couldnt resist.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Funded in 6 mins... As a person who plays D&D over zoom with people all over the damn country I couldnt resist.
Those are pretty cool. I don’t like the price and won’t get any but they’re still cool. I don’t do online stuff to need them, it would just be a neat die to have for me.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Could always get a single d20 as that's really the main die-of-fate in most games.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could always get a single d20 as that's really the main die-of-fate in most games.
Fuck dude, you a communist? Who gets dice for D&D that aren't a matching set?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

I bought in for the first Kickstarter on this and it's not too bad. Unfortunately for me I hate the size of the box and how overproduced it is. That being said, it's a really good value for a solid game. I really wish it was even cheaper with a less ornate production. Oh well.

I have a feeling that once I buy Dice Throne or Townsfolk Tussle arrives I will forget all about this thing. FOMO is a hell of a deal.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

The new Kickstarter hotness. To be frank it reminds me of every other game like it. It's mainly the ip separating it from the crowd. That being said it fits my timeframe. By the time this comes out I should be getting bored with Townsfolk Tussel. I'll probably buy in. It ain't cheap.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I have sunk hundreds of hours into all 3 Witcher PC games over the past decade.....I really like the new Netflix series....and I am lukewarm on this game. I didn't back it since it seems very generic and I don't see it being that much different than the other games I already own. I asked myself if I would back the game if it wasn't the Witcher IP and the answer was "no". Still, it just goes to show how strong an IP's influence can be on sales.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vault of Magic looks good, but ugh that wilderness one looks like dogshit.

"With this supplement, any Dungeon Master can overcome the tedium of cross-country travel." Yea, its tedious and a DM worth their salt shouldn't need this -- and in the random scenario they would it should be easy to do on the fly with minimal distraction from the plot.

Needing to have perception checks, bonus actions, roll initiative etc for a flash flood and then assigning bludgeoning damage to it? DC perception checks of 13, 16, and 18?? Surprise rolls? Holy mechanics overkill of boring fuckery. Then a death saving throw for drowning? I'd physically body slam my GM if he killed a character of mine with some random shit like this.

And 65 dollars for a fucking hardcover of this with shipping? Doesnt seem to add anything aside from maybe the monsters.

Remember that time I made the save against the Lich's feeblemind and then saved the party with a mass heal? Yea that was ok.....but man, when I saved to keep from drowning after I failed a Dex check in the randomly assigned thick mud on table 103a for environmental hazards in the rainy season and then fell into that lake and had another giant penalty check because of full plate --- WHEW that shit was awesome. To each their own I suppose.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, I suppose everyone has their own preferences because environmental challenges can be a lot of fun. The way you describe them they sound incredibly tedious, but in practice that's not the way they play out. I've used them for a long time which is partly why the book appealed to me.

However, I CAN agree with you that it's expensive. Kickstarter is really no longer a place to get deals by getting in early, it's mostly an overhead-minimizing, pre-order process that works well for smaller companies. There's sooo little money in TTRPGs that I am willing to give these smaller fish a shot and if they put out something good, then I don't necessarily mind the $10-$20 premium.

Kobold Press makes great stuff and I have no doubt the Book of Magic will be great, but I had to hold my nose to back it. Half the writers are mentally-ill.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users