Kickstarters

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Wyrmwood had their Modular Gaming Table Kickstarter which wasn't as pretty as some of the exotic ones they have but a lot more affordable. Its still being fulfilled and such, but was a much more reasonable option than upper 4 and lower 5 figure tables they had before.

Modular Gaming Table KS
Try adding up the actual cost of a medium table. Adding the table top, a wood other than cherry, some basic add ons and chairs and you'll quickly be in that 5-6k range or more. The coffee tables are actually pretty nice.

I'm redoing my garage with drinking and gaming in mind and those cheaper poker tables are looking pretty good.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's some videos out there of guys building their own tables for relatively cheap if you have some tools and know your way around some basic electrical work.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's some videos out there of guys building their own tables for relatively cheap if you have some tools and know your way around some basic electrical work.
Yep.

If I ever move I plan to make my own. Unfortunately, when I was designing the house we built, I wasn't planning on running games of D&D at home so I don't have space for it. My man cave is awesome, but it's not a good fit for a gaming table. I don't even have a traditional dining room because it would have been wasted space. I 'can' play D&D at my house; I did for the last year and a half, but I had to re-arrange the furniture in my living room and set up two tables w/chairs every session.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just backed this immediately after it fired 25 minutes ago. I know this one is going to be great. I already use some of his ideas. That cover art is some lame weeb type shit, but the mechanics are solid.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just backed this immediately after it fired 25 minutes ago. I know this one is going to be great. I already use some of his ideas. That cover art is some lame weeb type shit, but the mechanics are solid.
Stop being so frugal

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just backed both of these, despite the fact I think they're both going to suck. I genuinely think the first ones success is partly due to pathetic, thirsty beta neckbeards and the fact that 5e has absolute shit for official crafting rules. We'll see how much of Hamund's shit gets stolen. I backed the second one purely because I enjoy their YouTube channel.
Holy shit this sounded very similar, then something clicked that Drakkenheim is a straight up Warhammer copy/paste that these faggots are now going to get rich off of. After looking it up it was worse than I had originally thought.

Mordheim--->Drakkenheim right out of the gate jesus christ.
The comet strikes on a foul eve.
It happened on New Year's Eve, the comet fell, but it was not the return of Sigmar as predicted. The comet smashed into the city, instantly turning it to rubble and brutally killing everyone who had gathered in and around it.

Powerful magical comet crystal shards called "delerium" were left behind that would draw unsavory types to gather because they were valuable.
Word spread about a mysterious stone that was located in the city, known as the Wyrdstone. Many factions of the world would pay a gigantic sum of money in return for the stone. Many warbands began travelling to Mordheim, recently dubbed The City of the Damned, with hopes to find the precious stone.
Hmm. From the KS page "delerium" even has "chaotic whims" like warpstone being pure chaos magic.
These strange crystals are found throughout Drakkenheim. The vast arcane magic within Delerium may fuel mighty new spells and magic items, but the stones emanate unnatural energies which induce madness and monstrous transformations. Unspeakable abominations have emerged from its contaminating influence, and bizarre Arcane Anomalies are triggered by its chaotic whims!
Warpstone
Warpstone, also known as Wyrdstone, Seer Stone, Blackstone, Foulstone, Witch Stone or Abn-i-khat ("Burning Stone") in the language of ancient Nehekhara, is a bright, emerald green crystalline substance that is actually the solidified form of pure Chaos energy. Warpstone meteorites usually have a larger abundance of the substance than ordinary deposits found on the world's surface, but they are sometimes irregular in shape and size, and require refinement before being used in rituals, crafting or to power other magical abilities. Unrefined Warpstone is highly toxic to all living things; prolonged exposure to the substance will lead to madness, mutation and eventual death.

In Warhammer the warpstone is most prized by the Skaven. In this campaign one of the fucking factions in Drakkenheim is literally the "Rat Prince" whose "ratlings" are everywhere in the city. Lmfao even has the Executioner.
One of the oldest places in Mordheim, Executioner's Square was named for obvious reasons
I mean, they basically copypasta'd the entire WH city and changed the names (not even well with the heim shit) and the color of warpstone.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit this sounded very similar, then something clicked that Drakkenheim is a straight up Warhammer copy/paste that these faggots are now going to get rich off of. After looking it up it was worse than I had originally thought.

Mordheim--->Drakkenheim right out of the gate jesus christ.
The comet strikes on a foul eve.

Powerful magical comet crystal shards called "delerium" were left behind that would draw unsavory types to gather because they were valuable.

Hmm. From the KS page "delerium" even has "chaotic whims" like warpstone being pure chaos magic.

Warpstone

In Warhammer the warpstone is most prized by the Skaven. In this campaign one of the fucking factions in Drakkenheim is literally the "Rat Prince" whose "ratlings" are everywhere in the city. Lmfao even has the Executioner.

I mean, they basically copypasta'd the entire WH city and changed the names (not even well with the heim shit) and the color of warpstone.
Eh...I didn't know any of that. Looks like I'll be roasting them and then withdrawing my pledge. I'd like to think that these guys played the PC game and got inspired to do a 5e re-skin, but the similarities are too ridiculous. I get cool ideas from existing IP all the time and sometimes change them to fit my game, but I'm not running a Kickstarter that could break a million dollars with it.

*Edit*
I left a detailed roast and withdrew my pledge.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
GW is pretty lawsuit happy, I'm pretty sure if it gets brought to their attention they'll get a warp speed C&D.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GW is pretty lawsuit happy, I'm pretty sure if it gets brought to their attention they'll get a warp speed C&D.
I don't even like GW (in fact, I think they're pretty scummy), but I emailed their legal department about the KS.

I feel like a snitch, but this is just too blatant a theft of IP with absolutely no credit given to the source material. Had they done just the bare minimum and made a highly visible "Inspired by Warhammer's Mordheim" I probably would have just rolled my eyes and carried on, but they outright deny any similarities as intentional and simply coincidental.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't even like GW (in fact, I think they're pretty scummy), but I emailed their legal department about the KS.

I feel like a snitch, but this is just too blatant a theft of IP with absolutely no credit given to the source material. Had they done just the bare minimum and made a highly visible "Inspired by Warhammer's Mordheim" I probably would have just rolled my eyes and carried on, but they outright deny any similarities as intentional and simply coincidental.
You fuckin snitch.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh...I didn't know any of that. Looks like I'll be roasting them and then withdrawing my pledge. I'd like to think that these guys played the PC game and got inspired to do a 5e re-skin, but the similarities are too ridiculous. I get cool ideas from existing IP all the time and sometimes change them to fit my game, but I'm not running a Kickstarter that could break a million dollars with it.

*Edit*
I left a detailed roast and withdrew my pledge.
Yea exactly, doing a homebrew of some cool stuff with your buddies that you liked from another IP is one thing and who cares but they are straight up ripping this entire thing off and making boatloads of cash. Theres way more stuff like a strange fog around both main bridges in each city, the cultists etc that are just ripped off the Mordheim lore/game etc. You can actually look up the episodes on their channel of their entire Drakkenheim DnD campaign and its 100% Mordheim reskinned.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea exactly, doing a homebrew of some cool stuff with your buddies that you liked from another IP is one thing and who cares but they are straight up ripping this entire thing off and making boatloads of cash. Theres way more stuff like a strange fog around both main bridges in each city, the cultists etc that are just ripped off the Mordheim lore/game etc. You can actually look up the episodes on their channel of their entire Drakkenheim DnD campaign and its 100% Mordheim reskinned.
A couple other people in their comment section also mentioned the similarties, but the Dungeon Dudes (creators) response to it was -- "there's nothing to it, any similarities are purely coincidental." Then, earlier today, they responded to my posts stating they have previously reached out to GW to get their project ok'd by them.

Yeah..ok, bro. Which is it? Bare minimum, they're some lying faggots that know their shit is close enough that they thought they might face legal action. I don't think they actually said shit to GW, but just making the claim they did is enough to put most skeptics interested in backing their project to sleep.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone who knows GW at all would know the answer is a resounding 'No'.

They may later contract you to actually make a game for them, but they'll still sue your ass first.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Trying so hard not to buy Tainted Grail. The narrative-heavy focus is probably fatal to my usual group.

The app is awesome, and really I should just play it on TTS (there's a discord for it, and it's pretty good, because AR is keeping it off TTS - Tainted Grail, Etherfields, ISSV Discord Server)

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I back nearly everything that KP publishes for D&D and I'm excited for players with this one. Hopefully, they keep the power levels in check so the new options don't immediately make everything else obsolete.

Just launched.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Those would take barely any effort or money to 3D print. Like 20 cents per tray cheap.

I’m not suggesting not going for these if you like them, just saying how cheaply it could be done. The $20-$180 per tile price tag they have is just huge to me. I look at that video of the table covered with them and see a couple grand sitting there I can’t help but think how cheaply I could print it. The quality of the look and feel would obviously be drastically different.

Last edited:
  • 1Like