Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it’s an extremely shallow game for how high the price it. This one looks more complex than the old ones but it’s still probably pretty basic. Cmon isn’t known for great games or good mechanics, just shitting out good looking plastic year after year.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Never saw the appeal of Zombicide? Has anyone here played it and actually enjoyed it?

I got in late to the Zombicide scene, my very first purchase was the Zombicide 2.0 that was released last year. I actually really enjoy it, my friends did as well. As previously stated, the game is simplistic, just lots of dice chucking, but the pace of the game is good (fast), the looting and gearing treadmill is well done, and you can finish a scenario in about an hour. Setup and teardown is relatively easy as well.

That being said, I don't think I would ever get another zombicide game, as one is enough for me to fill that niche. There was another Zombicide release prior to the marvel one that I think revolved around the Wild West, but I passed on that one. I am passing on the Marvel one as well because I'm not a fan of the franchise, but I can see the appeal if you are really into the comics.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I find that the attraction I have to miniatures games is far higher than my desire to play them after I have them primarily due to the very real blandness of the miniatures themselves. I know I could paint them. If they produced a games like this with those high quality plastic standees it'd be far more tempting both from the aesthetics and from a storage standpoint.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Got this in last week and tried it with some friends this past weekend: www.doomlings.com

Cute short (~30 mins) card game with different rules effecting each turn including ones that make pretty sweeping changes in the play and can make massive shifts in the final scoring. Always enjoy ones that are semi-deterministic in terms of strategy while also having opportunities for grand levels of player versus player fuckery.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I backed ~40 D&D projects in '20/'21 and they're starting to roll in.

Every week is like Christmas and the production value on some of the books is impressive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A new one from the people that made Aeons End. The entry level and all in price seems reasonable to me. Aeons End games were all really well done, probably a safe one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
A new one from the people that made Aeons End. The entry level and all in price seems reasonable to me. Aeons End games were all really well done, probably a safe one.

It's really tempting. Aeons End is solid.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the heads-up. That's a really good price considering how overinflated board game prices seem to be lately. I'll be backing this one. Aeons End is one of my favs.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider

Looks like a fun little semi dex game.
reasonably priced and good shipping options for me for once!

Shut up Sit Down preview:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
These guys know how to print money, good lord. This one will probably hit $6m+

Zombie super hero models are cool looking, apparently a lot of people think so. Shipping costs are nuts and people still going for it.

Ended just over $9m. Fuckin nuts

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know this thread is in the tabletop section but there isn’t another Kickstarter thread so I’m using this one.

Nevergrind Online Kickstarter is live. Made by one of our FOH board members. Multiplayer game that has a bunch of old school type stuff to it. Classes, skills, chat, grouping like EQ. Visually similar to Might and Magic, Wizardry, phantasy star 4. Map like darkest dungeon. All mixed together and with multiplayer. Have always wanted something like might and magic I could play with friends, this one is it. My dad and I had a lot of fun dungeon crawling and trying different duo combos.

It’s already a fully playable full featured game with a lot of stuff going on, Kickstarter is just to add even more to it. I’ve been beta testing it (I have no incentive to write this post btw, just really enjoy the game) and it’s pretty bug free. Any minor bug we find or gets introduced during a major change gets addressed as soon as we find it really.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I know this thread is in the tabletop section but there isn’t another Kickstarter thread so I’m using this one.

Nevergrind Online Kickstarter is live. Made by one of our FOH board members. Multiplayer game that has a bunch of old school type stuff to it. Classes, skills, chat, grouping like EQ. Visually similar to Might and Magic, Wizardry, phantasy star 4. Map like darkest dungeon. All mixed together and with multiplayer. Have always wanted something like might and magic I could play with friends, this one is it. My dad and I had a lot of fun dungeon crawling and trying different duo combos.

It’s already a fully playable full featured game with a lot of stuff going on, Kickstarter is just to add even more to it. I’ve been beta testing it (I have no incentive to write this post btw, just really enjoy the game) and it’s pretty bug free. Any minor bug we find or gets introduced during a major change gets addressed as soon as we find it really.

Does this count as doxing?

But seriously, cool stuff and hope he hits his goal.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

This is ending soon. I'm not sure it is for me plus I have another crawler incoming but it may be for someone here. It's a pretty interesting complete game with add on standees. The standees are cheap, someone like 400 for 20 bucks.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Love the art on that game. Not something I would have time for or have anyone to play with. Wish I could, looks really good.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There is a remarkable white-knight effect when it comes to some of these Kickstarter campaigns that I find fascinating from a sociological perspective. Some delays are understandable but others are just complete bullshit and/or laziness related and yet people chime in with "just so happy to get it sometime maybe this summer!"

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a remarkable white-knight effect when it comes to some of these Kickstarter campaigns that I find fascinating from a sociological perspective. Some delays are understandable but others are just complete bullshit and/or laziness related and yet people chime in with "just so happy to get it sometime maybe this summer!"
Absolutely.

About a month ago I torched one of the creators in the comment section of an update because the 'reasons' they were presenting for production issues were obviously just bullshit excuses. And, just as you stated, several morons blindly came to the defense of the creators. I genuinely don't understand those people though some of them are obviously mentally-ill.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Frosthaven just passed year 2, so Isaac could hire someone to rewrite the story to be more woke, moved, took some time off, etc. Now, the global supply chain is fucked and prices skyrocketed to the point where now the game is gonna cost $260 if you buy it after the fact.

I hope inflation rapes his ENTIRE profit, I can't believe being so fucking dumb as to waste a bunch of time on that bullshit only to see all the revenue from the biggest Kickstarter in existence go completely up in smoke due to increased costs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Had one Kickstarter that was super delayed due to all sorts of supply issues but finally arrived at the US distributor on groundhog day...and has promptly sat there for the past 2+ months. 3PL is not some sort of arcane process, there are literally hundreds of similar places across the country that routinely receive and re-ship within a day as they don't have tons of space to store shit. Someone finally asked "how is it possible that they have storage space for thousands of these boxes?" and had white knights leap out of the shadows.

Then the same company posts a new Kickstarter and it became clear that they were using the income from the new one to actually pay for the shipping of the current one.