Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on that it is painful. I actually think I can get it played regularly but the table area looks rough. The campaign doesn't give a great feel for the ease of learning and fun...of all things. I need a two player game. I wish I could preplay it.

Have you checked Tabletop Simulator? It’s great for testing games out.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
My copy of Fireball Island with all the extras showed up today. First kickstarter in awhile that I remember showing up exactly when they said it would. Pretty happy since family will be in tomorrow and this gives me time tonight to get the cards sleeved, tokens punched out etc. Quality seems ok, it's three separate plastic pieces for the base game board instead of the originals one solid piece (I think, it's been almost 30 years since I last played it). The middle piece rests in between the two side pieces to give it a bigger sense of height which is kind of neat. Marbles are a little disappointing in that they seem more rust colored than fireball like, will probably end up replacing them with something a little flashier. One thing I'm not sure on yet is they purposelessly went with folded ends on the corner on the box which while accurate for an 80s board game makes the box feel flimsy. There is apparently a Broken Token insert coming out soon and depending on how the family reacts this weekend may invest in it. Should be a fun weekend, got this new old classic we used to play plus Ticket to Ride, Rumicube, Scythe, Scythe JR, Dead of Winter, Rampage and Blokus all out ready to go depending on the mood and group make up wanting to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My copy of Fireball Island with all the extras showed up today. First kickstarter in awhile that I remember showing up exactly when they said it would. Pretty happy since family will be in tomorrow and this gives me time tonight to get the cards sleeved, tokens punched out etc. Quality seems ok, it's three separate plastic pieces for the base game board instead of the originals one solid piece (I think, it's been almost 30 years since I last played it). The middle piece rests in between the two side pieces to give it a bigger sense of height which is kind of neat. Marbles are a little disappointing in that they seem more rust colored than fireball like, will probably end up replacing them with something a little flashier. One thing I'm not sure on yet is they purposelessly went with folded ends on the corner on the box which while accurate for an 80s board game makes the box feel flimsy. There is apparently a Broken Token insert coming out soon and depending on how the family reacts this weekend may invest in it. Should be a fun weekend, got this new old classic we used to play plus Ticket to Ride, Rumicube, Scythe, Scythe JR, Dead of Winter, Rampage and Blokus all out ready to go depending on the mood and group make up wanting to play.

They acknowledged the box sucked and went in with broken token to sell whatever they come up with at cost, so there’s that at least. Can’t believe they didn’t see that coming.

Edit: Didn’t mean to say at cost. They waived all license fees to keep the cost to a minimum.

Wish mine was here now, have a five day weekend and would be nice to play. Ah well, plenty of others to choose from.

Last edited:

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Also got ours in this past weekend and played a few games that went well.

The box does suck but as Hateyou eluded to they’re aware of it.

We went all in on the Kickstarter so we have all the expansions and inventoried them but haven’t tested yet. As part of the Kickstarter we also opted for the premium marbles which are a solid improvement in color over the base ones that are included.

Overall solid Kickstarter.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How tall is the box? I may just line it with some cheap hobby board from Lowe’s if it’s 4 inches or so.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Didn't realize posting an image while in a reply would start a new post, oh well. Here's the box for reference.
F6E1A9AC-401F-4557-99BF-5294BC6CB171.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Really like the miniatures on this one.

• 1Solidarity

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah i agree. I'm very tempted but that one. The cost is rough. If i get it I'm bailing on something big in my collection, I'm not sure what.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This is live. I’m excited, I have the full game, this will allow me to get more of the expansion stuff. This game turned out to be very good gameplay wise. The miniatures are great too, I ended up zenithal priming the entire thing.

Company behind this has a new Kickstarter live today with a freebie if you back it within 24 hours. Models look nice but haven't looked into the game play yet.

Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon, via @Kickstarter

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Company behind this has a new Kickstarter live today with a freebie if you back it within 24 hours. Models look nice but haven't looked into the game play yet.

Thanks for the heads up. My dad likes co-op story games so I’m probably in for this. AR shit is good quality too, and these models look great.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
After watching a couple videos I’m definitely in. Looks like a lot of gameplay for the price. They’ve earned my trust with Dawnfall, they delayed the fuck out of it to play test and perfect it rather than shit it out the door like SFG did with Dark Souls. Getting a fantastic game a year late is way preferable over a turd on time. Have played Dawnfall ~10 times...Dark Souls once.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
After watching a couple videos I’m definitely in. Looks like a lot of gameplay for the price. They’ve earned my trust with Dawnfall, they delayed the fuck out of it to play test and perfect it rather than shit it out the door like SFG did with Dark Souls. Getting a fantastic game a year late is way preferable over a turd on time. Have played Dawnfall ~10 times...Dark Souls once.

Their reputation preceded them, almost 15k backers and over $1.5 million raised in less than 12 hours. That seems pretty impressive for a non CMON/Kingdom Death/licensed IP project. Went all in am looking forward to it and now debating to do split shipping or not. I see this company did a board game adaptation of This War of Mine of all things. Reading the description and if the subject wasn't so depressing would make the perfect game to take down to the family for Christmas with 6 player quasi co op.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Their reputation preceded them, almost 15k backers and over $1.5 million raised in less than 12 hours. That seems pretty impressive for a non CMON/Kingdom Death/licensed IP project. Went all in am looking forward to it and now debating to do split shipping or not. I see this company did a board game adaptation of This War of Mine of all things. Reading the description and if the subject wasn't so depressing would make the perfect game to take down to the family for Christmas with 6 player quasi co op.

Ive talked to a few people at Cons who have played TWoM and they all had this deep reaction like it was an amazing experience they couldn’t explain. Always been curious about it but have never know anyone who owns it.

I think I will do split shipping. $13 difference to play a year earlier and be ready for a refresh a year later when the new stuff arrives, vs getting it all at once and probably not using the extra content. That’s just how it seems to go for me anyways.

I think these guys could be eclipsing CMON soon if they keep pumping out such high quality stuff. CMON is known for being lazy and just shitting out nice miniatures. These guys are known for excellent gameplay, playtesting AND quality components. I’d still rate CMONs miniatures better quality but not by much. The AR minis I have had more glue/warping/flash issues than a typical CMON order, but it wasn’t anything crazy, it was all fixed in 20 minutes with hot water, glue, and a knife. I rate non-mini AR components higher than CMON. They put more thought into their games so instead of a normal 6 sided die it’s fully custom. Plastic gems instead of cardboard. Just little stuff like that.

• 2Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Definitely all in on this one and will be doing split shipping as well. Thanks for the head’s up!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Man they are crushing it with this one. Over $2 million in 23 hours, closing in on 19k backers. Crazy!

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
It seems to offer a lot of content in cards and books for the price. I like the fact that it comes with just a few minis, I have a shitload of that already. Looks very nice overall.

• 1Like