Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hateyou Hateyou any experiance with everdell?

I’ve never played it. I’ve seen it played but just looked at the pretty components for a minute, I didn’t watch the gameplay. I know it has great reviews but that’s the extent of my knowledge, sorry.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Oathsworn kickstarter opened today. There is a mystery gift for those who sign up in the first 24 hours.

I do like that there is a standee and a miniature edition. Standee costs $99, miniature costs $179.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Oathsworn kickstarter opened today. There is a mystery gift for those who sign up in the first 24 hours.

I do like that there is a standee and a miniature edition. Standee costs $99, miniature costs $179.

Saw this at Gencon, it was a standout. The player miniatures were all really big, as were the monsters, and the trees were huge. I liked the idea behind the archer chick that used the trees as part of her skills. The character boards and card/board art were great too.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn I want this

Yeah it's gorgeous. My buddy and I had to turn down a walkthrough/round play-through because we didn't want to end up buying it. As soon as we saw it we looked at each other and could tell we both wanted it lol. The guy there was pretty cool, kept talking about all the mechanics of the game. He was bummed we wouldn't try it. I really want to paint the player minis, they had great detail and were just so big/meaty.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
so if I pledge 1 dollar today on Oathsword can I later up my pledge to The Core or Basic version midway through the campaign and still get the day 1 mystery gift?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
No, to qualify for the Day 1 gift you have to pledge one of the tier levels, the cheapest of which is the standee box at $99. But remember, they won't charge your card until the KS ends, so just remember to back out if you get cold feet and decide it's not for you, you will lose nothing.

Also this game is very likely to hit retail, at least the standee box is. So if that's all you were planning to get, and you aren't sure, you are probably better off waiting until retail, when you might be able to get it at a better price, assuming you can resist FOMO. The only thing you will be missing is the Day 1 gift, which looks like a single miniature.

The true value of the KS is the miniature (mystery) box, which they say is a KS exclusive. So if you are pledging, you should probably go for the $179 tier, because that is the stuff you won't be able to get at retail and you might latter regret not having.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
thanks for the info

I've got such a backlog of games, but I'm a sucker for a good looking game. I guess I will try to do some quick research on it. The money isn't a huge issue on it, I just don't know anything about the game at all yet, so I might need to dig up some reviews, quickly

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I will just wait for the retail version, game looks really pretty but I have a lot of this style of game already. If gameplay reviews of BGG or other places put it up there as really good then I will just snag the standee version

seems like there is always a decent supply of the KS versions on ebay for most of this stuff for around the same money or a bit more, so if buyers remorse hits me hard I can always snag the miniatures version there

gaming companies have really polished up their KS sales pitch, hard to not pull the trigger on a lot of this stuff

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
This thread has cost me thousands of dollars.
No regrets, I love you guys

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

This is in the last 48 and I'm finding it pretty tempting. I don't have any polyomino games and the price point is good.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This ones is in the last couple days. I don’t know much about it other than the dragon miniature is amazing. Saw it at Gencon and loved it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Why did I click on this thread, now I want Oathsworn and my friends don't even really get together for board games much anymore.

About to offload my Dark Souls stuff at cost to a friend, perhaps I'll just turn that around and drop it on this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Zombicide second edition. If they ever do this for Black Plague I’d be interested. My dad really likes it, we’ve played it quite a bit over the years. We just take breaks from it as it’s pretty repetitive and not all that challenging. It does have some great “Holy shit!” moments that make it fun though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Zombicide is fun but fuck man, how is that at 1.2 million?

Most people that have it love it. It’s got a huge following. I think it was a gateway game for a lot of people, so there’s some nostalgia feeling attached to it as well. I know it’s not very old but I’ve seen a lot of people comment over the years how they started board gaming or mini painting with zombicide.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is fine but 1.2 million for version 2 of a game? Like it's a fine game but it's extremely shallow. Also fuck CMON. They are everything that is wrong with the tabletop industry. They make Steve Jackson look like a saint.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user