Kickstarters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder if those will be balanced against the current characters. If so I’m in!

May be in anyways, kids would love this.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I know there was a bit of interest about this, so here's a reminder that it closes in a few hours. I backed with two separate accounts (for a total of $650, 120 sets) to get two sets of stretch goals.

There were a couple of sets unlocked through polling that made me salty (baby monsters, really?), but overall these minis are great. I'm looking forward to their subscription service to fill in the remaining, major holes in mini coverage.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lords of Hellas successor. I’m not into it but I like the company. They make interesting games and have cool designs for minis.

The Hellas model is dope.

D27B8211-A32D-4103-902C-CC013D83771E.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I know there was a bit of interest about this, so here's a reminder that it closes in a few hours. I backed with two separate accounts (for a total of $650, 120 sets) to get two sets of stretch goals.

There were a couple of sets unlocked through polling that made me salty (baby monsters, really?), but overall these minis are great. I'm looking forward to their subscription service to fill in the remaining, major holes in mini coverage.
I remember as a kid my dad was telling me about a dnd campaign where they were hunting down some rat people in the sewers. They came across a rat baby in a crib, one guy was holding it by the scruff of its neck while the party was discussing what to do with it, feed it, take it back to town, etc when one guy walked up and baseball swung a club or mace and rolled a crit which made it explode. Covering the dude holding it in its remains. The guy said they were wasting time, let’s move on.

Anyways there could be a use for baby monsters.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just launched.
Just backed. I would have much rather had a season 3 instead of Marvel characters, not really a fan of the clashing themes. I like their original characters.

This was confirmed that it will work with the first two seasons and my kid will love it so oh well. Having 24 characters to choose from will be pretty sweet.

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just backed. I would have much rather had a season 3 instead of Marvel characters, not really a fan of the clashing themes. I like their original characters.

This was confirmed that it will work with the first two seasons and my kid will love it so oh well. Having 24 characters to choose from will be pretty sweet.

Agreed. I can't really fault them for doing this, as it's obviously a license to print money, but I too would have preferred more content not tied to existing IP's like Marvel.

Would not be surprised at all to see other IP's used in the future, and all intermixable. These guys might have lucked into something with some serious legs.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hah was reading the comments and someone pointed out one of the symbols on black panthers dice is a gay pedophile symbol. Whoopsies!

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Looking through the Kickstarter projects that I've backed I just realized something. The next few months are going to be continual Christmas!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed. I can't really fault them for doing this, as it's obviously a license to print money, but I too would have preferred more content not tied to existing IP's like Marvel.

Would not be surprised at all to see other IP's used in the future, and all intermixable. These guys might have lucked into something with some serious legs.
So this ended and they got to $2.1m. Season 2 did $700k, season 1 remake + adventures did $1.7m. I bet they would have hit $2.1m even without the Marvel license. Most campaigns of companies with a successful line continue to grow each one, especially with one like this where the word of mouth is overwhelmingly positive.

The mechanics on some of these new heroes looks cool, just wish it was season 3! Also I hate the rainbow hero trays. Makes my eyes bleed.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I backed this Kickstarter months ago. It had a relatively humble performance, only getting ~$50k in support, but I've been following the updates and it seems like an incredible campaign. They originally aimed for it to be ~300 pages, but it has blossomed to over 900 pages.

I think it might be the first pre-written campaign I run if the writing is as good as the samples I've seen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arica-Jade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did anyone by chance pick up a spare Blood Rage Viking pledge from the last Kickstarter? I would be interested in purchasing it. Let me know.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
These guys know how to print money, good lord. This one will probably hit $6m+

Zombie super hero models are cool looking, apparently a lot of people think so. Shipping costs are nuts and people still going for it.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Never saw the appeal of Zombicide? Has anyone here played it and actually enjoyed it?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
- Zombies!
- A metric fuckton of plastic minis
- Did I mention zombies? Same reason COD and every other shooter seem to get a zombie mode.

That said, none of them appeal to me either except Black Plague, so you aren't alone.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Never saw the appeal of Zombicide? Has anyone here played it and actually enjoyed it?
Yeah, I played Black Plague with my dad a bunch. We enjoyed it, the custom campaign we played had some cool stuff in it that made it more interested than the base game. Paint jobs on them was fun too. With that said it’s pretty basic and repetitive.

Mav_Stl

Trakanon Raider
I mean, it does look kind of interesting but holy fuck those pledge levels are insane. To me the big galactic expansion could be a pass but the first two, hero and zombie seems like a requirement if you decided to go in on this at all. So $240 + $80 for single wave shipping. $320 for just this game? Hard pass for me. However, I must be in the minority because it's over 4 million at the moment.