Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gaming laptop about 3 years old. Twin 860Ms in SLI, 16 gigs of ram, typical I7 cpu from around that period.

I had no idea you could SLI GPUs in a fucking notebook. How's the heat when they both actually run at full power?

Raign

Golden Squire
I had no idea you could SLI GPUs in a fucking notebook. How's the heat when they both actually run at full power?

Heh, well I use a floating desk on my lap to give myself a couple inch barrier between me and it if that is any indicator. It does a great job of venting the heat out the back, but there is a LOT of heat to vent.

I tweaked my display settings from 1960X1024 (my default) to 1080p in the video settings and it runs smooth as silk at 50 fps, so if you are having issues with performance try switching to 720p or 1080p in the video settings. Looks great and MUCH better performance

Grundge

Trakanon Raider
The game looks interesting. The scenery looks really nice and I'm ok with the whole open ended gameplay.

The major thing holding me back is that I do not like how the save games work. You have 3 limited save potions which if you keep buying and use a lot of it has negative impact on your character.

So you have to find a bed you own or a campfire to sleep to save. So if you are playing you cant just log out, if you do you lose all your progress. It's a single player game, who cares if you save a lot or not. Stuff happens IRL, I dont like the idea of being tethered to the game I am playing.

That and the combat looks wonky to me. I guess I have Skyrim to blame for that. I do enjoy performing special kill moves, but that would just take getting used to. I do like seeing some Hungarian speaking npcs tho, I am Hungarian so that is kind of cool.

Idk, might give it a few months before I buy. Maybe wait until there's a sale. Interested but not enough to buy yet.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The game looks interesting. The scenery looks really nice and I'm ok with the whole open ended gameplay.

The major thing holding me back is that I do not like how the save games work. You have 3 limited save potions which if you keep buying and use a lot of it has negative impact on your character.

So you have to find a bed you own or a campfire to sleep to save. So if you are playing you cant just log out, if you do you lose all your progress. It's a single player game, who cares if you save a lot or not. Stuff happens IRL, I dont like the idea of being tethered to the game I am playing.

That and the combat looks wonky to me. I guess I have Skyrim to blame for that. I do enjoy performing special kill moves, but that would just take getting used to. I do like seeing some Hungarian speaking npcs tho, I am Hungarian so that is kind of cool.

Idk, might give it a few months before I buy. Maybe wait until there's a sale. Interested but not enough to buy yet.

The save system seems pants on head. I'd have probably clicked buy already if it wasn't for what i'm hearing about it. I don't have time to replay an hour because I got save fucked. Game looks pretty cool though.

spronk

FPS noob
I think there are auto saves, I watched liriks stream on and off most of the day and he fucked up a lot and the auto save seemed to take him back to a point even without sleeping or using a potion. Not sure how good the auto saves are but he seemed to do all right. Also watched angry joe earlier and he kept dying early on when you have to escape on a horse and it checkpointed him right back into the fight, so its definitely more than just potion/sleep for saving.

Its definitely a fun game to watch a good streamer play, it just seems extremely tedious and long and "real-timey" which are not things i really wanna do right now. probably will check it out someday but not much interest in playing myself now, but i'm getting a lot of fun of watching others play, ironically I was playing GT Sport and COD while watching lirik. It definitely has a Kingdom of Amalur vibe to it but seems more grounded and even in its gameplay/story missions.

Grundge

Trakanon Raider
I think there are auto saves, I watched liriks stream on and off most of the day and he fucked up a lot and the auto save seemed to take him back to a point even without sleeping or using a potion. Not sure how good the auto saves are but he seemed to do all right. Also watched angry joe earlier and he kept dying early on when you have to escape on a horse and it checkpointed him right back into the fight, so its definitely more than just potion/sleep for saving.

Its definitely a fun game to watch a good streamer play, it just seems extremely tedious and long and "real-timey" which are not things i really wanna do right now. probably will check it out someday but not much interest in playing myself now, but i'm getting a lot of fun of watching others play, ironically I was playing GT Sport and COD while watching lirik. It definitely has a Kingdom of Amalur vibe to it but seems more grounded and even in its gameplay/story missions.

Lol yea I find myself doing just that as well. Seems more fun watching others play. Not sure why, usually never bother watching others, maybe it is the real-timey aspect to it that would probably make it a bit dull to play.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
What's the point of such a save system? I don't get it. As someone said above, it's a single player game. Who cares if you want to save scum? I hope that shit is moddable, or they see the light and patch it up.

Caliane

Goes both ways on saves imho.

Like, as an old gamer. I can appreciate the old school jrpg idea of saving at churches, etc. or, dnd-like idea of having to find a safe spot to rest, and save. This tends to work well in survival based games. (or, metroids, etc.)

However, as noted. The need to just stop at any time, and go do something, like an adult is often required. So, it can be frustrating to not be able to do that. These save spots need to be very frequent.
Also, modern 3d games are often super complex, and in result super buggy. A metroidvania, with 2d gameplay will often be 100% stable, and nearly impossible to run into a gamebreakiing bug without trying. you dont need a quicksave. These games however? falling through geometry, bugged npcs, broken ai, quests, etc happens all the time... they almost require quicksaves just for that alone.

• 1Solidarity

Raign

Golden Squire
Put in quite a bit of time on this last night. Pretty much what is being said is spot on with my experience so far. The world, the environment and the storytelling are possibly the best I have ever seen. I am enjoying the story more than Witcher 3, Skyrim, or any of the other open end games in recent history. The saving capability though.. the system is punishing and very poor. I am all for them putting in a save system like they did and then allowing one self-deleting save like a rogue-likes often do, so if you die you need to go back to one of your 'real' saves on death or some other equally challenging system, but as it is right now, at 130 in the morning I need to go bed for work, looked at my last save, 12:40 pm. Keep in mind, this was following the main story, not fucking around in some field sparring with a goat or something.. it's a truly retarded system given how cost prohibitive the save potions are in early game.

At least it looks like the mod community is to the rescue on this one though taking care of my biggest gripe.

The game is a bit hitchy besides with a lot of view angle bugs and abilities feeling a bit out of sync with keypresses (more than should be to give it a 'weight'... sometimes they just simply don't fire at all). Pretty much, it feels like with 3 months more development it would have been truly amazing.. but as it is, it is just 'good'.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
save system is fine to me. You just go rest in a bed for a bit whenever you want to save.

My pc is pretty old at this point, but runs this pretty much perfectly at 1080p and between 40 and 60 fps all the time.

Gameplay is solid, combat is fun, quests engaging, story well done, world design seems well done, the map looks huge as well.

I can't see passing this title up either now, or on a sale sometime this year at least. 8/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there a reason to play it past the story? Skyrim had so much to do in terms of side quests and world exploring that it just kept on going forever.

Is there any reason to do that here or is it story and done?

Raign

Golden Squire
The world seems pretty alive and broad, there is definitely a lot of stuff to do off the beaten path for hours and hours advancing your character and exploring. What I can't say for sure though is if it lets you keep playing after you have beaten the main story because I am a long way off from that point. Pretty much, it 'feels' a lot like Skyrim sans magic. There is a main story to follow, but you can, just as easily, turn around and screw off in the other direction and spend the day stealing from peasants and hunting bandits.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not being able to walk away from the game when I need to without losing progress is a pretty big negative. The setting looks great.

Raign

Golden Squire
Not being able to walk away from the game when I need to without losing progress is a pretty big negative. The setting looks great.

Agreed. I would consider the unlimited save mod pretty much essential unless you have a lot of free time to chunk of in single sessions for the game

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Aye, the save system is holding me back. Only have an hour or so of free time a day to play games and this game isn't set up for that. Don't think I would mind the combat, I get what they are trying to do.

Really like the whole concept of this thing. Huge history buff and it looks like they did a great job on creating the 14th century experience. It's on my wish list, hopefully they will change the save system in the near future.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This game looks pretty cool but I think waiting for a sale will be just about perfect timing for a few big patches to be pushed through and the bugs worked out.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay I wasn't quite sure on this game until I watched some nerd on Twitch run around trying to punch cows to death to level up his skills. Holy shit I'm sold.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Lol, so cohhcarnage broke down and installed the save mod after loosing 2 hours of play from dying to fall da!age walking down stairs

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users