Kingdom Death Monster(Tabletop Sim)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Steam Workshop :: Kingdom Death Monster: Scripted v2
So I don't hijack the other thread:

A few of us be learning/playing KDM on Tuesdays at 8PM CST. [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]Discord[/bcolor]
This game is very easy to pop in and out of so if you can play once a month or something that is fine as my regulars can't always play. If you want to be a regular and can commit every Wed. that works too.

First game will be on 4/12/2017 8PM CST.

Edit: All slots currently full, will update if we have room or last min cancelations.

lion nuts.png

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am definitely interested. That's a good time for me.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boo on Wednesdays :( Super fun game for anyone who has that time slot open and is debating it. Highly recommended :)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cool, join the discord sometime before Wed(using that since tabletop in game VOIP is shit)

Hateyou if you need some help getting use to tabletop sim itself let me know, we can play some other less involved games like Dominion or Bloodborne the card game.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I will be moving the game to Tuesdays if everyone fails to show up again. I specifically picked Wed. due to most peoples availability but Tuesdays would be better for me personally.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Since game ia currently full, those that are going to play please watch some lets plays or how to plays.

Vaclav I need you to learn how to calculate what number you need to hit. As in the guy attacking the monster has a dagger and 2 strength against a monster with toughness 8, what does he need to roll to get a hit.

If that is the only rule you learn before Wed. awesome because it will come up constantly.

Hateyou I need you to learn as much as you can about the settlement side of things.

If you already know how to play great, you may be teaching us.

I have been gaining general knowledge watching plays and learning as much as I can on how to unfuck the board if it breaks. A scripting error in a persistent game is potential to ruin the play-through

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Since game ia currently full, those that are going to play please watch some lets plays or how to plays.

Vaclav I need you to learn how to calculate what number you need to hit. As in the guy attacking the monster has a dagger and 2 strength against a monster with toughness 8, what does he need to roll to get a hit.

If that is the only rule you learn before Wed. awesome because it will come up constantly.

Hateyou I need you to learn as much as you can about the settlement side of things.

I have been gaining general knowledge watching plays and learning as much as I can on how to unfuck the board if it breaks. A scripting error in a persistent game is potential to ruin the play-through

Yup, watch out for those script errors and save often, in new save files.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've watched a year of how it's played so far. Anyone know of a rule book pdf? The played doesn't go into rule detail. I'll look for deeper videos this weekend.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Tabletop Sim package comes with anything you'd need, I believe. Pretty sure the entire rulebook is in there, if a tad jumbled.

Btw, has that mod/whatever (the scripted one) been getting very frequent updates lately? I've seen TableTop Sim workshop updates when I get home from work like every other day for a couple weeks. I don't think I have any other workshop shit on TTS...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah it is being updated sometimes twice a day, three major workshop creators are all working on it.

Basically if you submit a bug with any coherence they fix it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it is being updated sometimes twice a day, three major workshop creators are all working on it.

Basically if you submit a bug with any coherence they fix it.

Impressive! Cause it was definitely very buggy back when I tried it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I own KDM (all current content but Tree, GK, Flower Knight, Manhunter and Lion Knight - although they're ordered from KS2 so will have "soon") - so already done. And a bit of a savant on math, so besides referencing cards that I've not memorized for the base number, should be quick and efficient with it. (Which seems trivial with the client)

And I assume you mean the whole set of combat flow - i.e. "To Wound" as well as "To Hit". As well as keeping track of Perfect Hits, etc as necessary.

Probably would present it as "Hate, you've got 3 attacks that hit on 8 - wounds on 7" or equivalent for wording. Potentially adding "Crit on X" when it's a non-Lantern 10 case.

On the "Tabletop Sim" program itself - will I need to grab a specific KDM module for it to be compatible with you or will it automatically update via the client? If the former, what's the proper title of it to search up?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not available for practice stuff until tomorrow, sorry. Also Tuesday works better for me as well, although Wednesday does work. Tuesday just makes the wife happier.

Also I saw TTS has the rule book, just wanted one I could print out to reference easier.