Kingdom Death Monster(Tabletop Sim)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All set up with 4 hrs to spare. Suggestion that Hatorade and I discussed was that you may want to print out (or use preprinted if you're a game owner) some physical char sheets - the UI for them in client seems cumbersome, plus the boon of not losing track of character stats if something goes wonky. (Someone in theory could/should do the same with the settlement sheet too obv - forgot to check if that's cumbersome to manage in the client)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What do we do when someone misses a night? I know I will miss one due to vacation in 4 or 5 weeks. Someone else play their character or is there enough in the settlement they can take someone else out?

Vaclav

What do we do when someone misses a night? I know I will miss one due to vacation in 4 or 5 weeks. Someone else play their character or is there enough in the settlement they can take someone else out?

Unless the settlement is in dire straits, yea, there's usually a bunch of backups.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah there isn't "someone's character" in KD:M. There's a bunch of dudes and each one of us just chooses one to control, basically. "Yours" will die, usually sooner rather than later.

That said, I didn't expect to be thrown in so soon, I may make it tonight and may not, I have some work and homework to get done at some point. I'll definitely be there next week though!

Vaclav

Yeah there isn't "someone's character" in KD:M. There's a bunch of dudes and each one of us just chooses one to control, basically. "Yours" will die, usually sooner rather than later.

That said, I didn't expect to be thrown in so soon, I may make it tonight and may not, I have some work and homework to get done at some point. I'll definitely be there next week though!

From the sounds of things I expect a delay - you're #3 for availability issues this week I've seen mention of today.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Awesome game, crushed that lions wind pipe and Hateyou Hateyou 's survivors head exploded in a shower of blood.
vandalhearts3.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That was a blast, good learning experience. Looking forward to playing when it moves quicker due to understanding the rules and flow better. Can't wait for next week and for this to arrive on my doorstep!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Haha that's funny, my first play on TTS ended with one survivors head exploding too.

I'll be there next week!

Vaclav

Haha that's funny, my first play on TTS ended with one survivors head exploding too.

I'll be there next week!

I'm glad to hear Hatesyou enjoyed himself, his char was so completely non-productive though... lol...

Stupid lion kept getting "runs in a straight line" reactions and being out of range of him constantly. Finally gets to attack the second time I think, fails to wound, reaction from failed wound - hit to the head, it was enraged so 2 damage, crit table, 1 - POP!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad to hear Hatesyou enjoyed himself, his char was so completely non-productive though... lol...

Stupid lion kept getting "runs in a straight line" reactions and being out of range of him constantly. Finally gets to attack the second time I think, fails to wound, reaction from failed wound - hit to the head, it was enraged so 2 damage, crit table, 1 - POP!

Roffle, that's KDM for you. And exactly why it needs to be approached as a joint cooperative effort revolving around the settlement as a whole, and not "my character."

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I've played enough games over the past 30 years to know that sometimes your turns are terrible, especially when dice are involved. Playing a co-op game I feel like you have to enjoy the whole player turn as if it's your own. Who cares if one dies or sucks a few rounds. Shit happens. The story elements within the fight made fun.

I can't wait til Tuesday!

Vaclav

Yep, yep - I tend to be the old guy at our local gaming stuff (go figure being next to Cocoa Beach/Orlando) - always leery of bad luck streaks after seeing too many young reactions.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sheeeeet if anyone gets pissy over a board game I stop playing with them. Ain't nobody got time for sore losers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Daddy Daycare this week while the wife travels for work. I can usually get the kid to sleep before 9pm EST but may be a little late if not. Feel free to start without me if so, I'll jump in.

Vaclav

Ah crap, scratch us this week after all - wife just reminded me we've got a 9am appointment tomorrow and with her 2 hrs she likes to get ready, we'd have to leave partway - no sense in bothering.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Laying the kid down now, I'm stoked to lose more limbs/lives

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
GG! we have to name all of our survivors for the settlement stuff to be legit and then spend out endeavors before we start the next hunt.