King's Raid

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At least Dandai Dandai and I stlil play daily. I have 3 accounts these days, even. Must... stop... farming...
Lol. Lots of stuff to do these days. It’s a good time to start playing. The past several patches have continually reduced the barrier to entry for new players.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yea seems pretty friendly for new people so far, think I'm doing pretty solid so far. My worry is how to get UW for my guys

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yea seems pretty friendly for new people so far, think I'm doing pretty solid so far. My worry is how to get UW for my guys
Not all UWs are equal. A good rule of thumb is DPS > SubDPS > Priest > Knight (very few knights need their UW, but some are very useful). The game's reddit is pretty active and useful, but the discord is pretty cancerous. Of course you can always ask here if you got questions too :)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Don't ignore the daily Arena stuff. It isn't too bad getting your 30k tokens to buy one directly. Also you get a few freebies to work with.

I kind of ignored the Inn back before they changed how it works and hate that I did. Amity is pretty easy to come by if you load up your friends list and just do normal things.

Also I find it best to pop an XP scroll / quest XP scroll and chain conquest for good XP. They've given out so many scrolls and had the double XP event going on. Think I still have like 40+ scrolls. Not to mention the 22k stamina for dungeons and all the XP pots on top of that.

My biggest struggle is with gear still. I'm terrible at getting in a good BD group. Think my main team is all at 90 now with:

Epis 2*UW
Cleo UW
Freya
Clause
Annette UW (level 70 or so)
Priscilla UW (70 or so)

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I do arena every day, be stuck in plat since I started now. I'm swimming in Amity, when I first checked out inn I just added as many active randos till capped out my friends list lol.

Yea I've been using the event achievement xp/gold scrolls when I do a farming binge. Right now leveling is what is taking forever (well gear too, but main team is only almost 60)

Right now I mainly run Jane - Epis - Maria - Kaulah with Selene as backup for phy damage if I really need it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, forgot I have Selene too. Should have Mitra out of inn the next two days. Really need to work on a couple of team comps and see who / what to prioritize next. Epis is 5*, Clause is 4, Cleo 4, Freya 3, and the rest are 2*. Sitting on like 15 stones for more transcends but am kind of just waiting on the next event since the last transcend event just ended.

Can't do Chapter 8 yet. Maybe if I had a couple of frost giant masks.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, forgot I have Selene too. Should have Mitra out of inn the next two days. Really need to work on a couple of team comps and see who / what to prioritize next. Epis is 5*, Clause is 4, Cleo 4, Freya 3, and the rest are 2*. Sitting on like 15 stones for more transcends but am kind of just waiting on the next event since the last transcend event just ended.

Those transcend events only happen about once per quarter. I don’t think it’s remotely worth waiting for the next one before you use your stones.

As far as who to raise, it depends on what your goals are. Clearing chapter 8 on normal will net you some stones (as well as ch7 hard) and being able to clear all floors of tower of ordeals every week is a nice injection of fragments and stones. I have epis t5 on both my main and alt accounts because she’s the best/fastest chapter farming hero (see s4 dark perk). You’ll want one hero with strong cc if you want to clear hard mode ch8 (and it really helps with ch8 upper dungeon). I like Lorraine for cc, but there are probably other viable choices.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Those transcend events only happen about once per quarter. I don’t think it’s remotely worth waiting for the next one before you use your stones.

As far as who to raise, it depends on what your goals are. Clearing chapter 8 on normal will net you some stones (as well as ch7 hard) and being able to clear all floors of tower of ordeals every week is a nice injection of fragments and stones. I have epis t5 on both my main and alt accounts because she’s the best/fastest chapter farming hero (see s4 dark perk). You’ll want one hero with strong cc if you want to clear hard mode ch8 (and it really helps with ch8 upper dungeon). I like Lorraine for cc, but there are probably other viable choices.

Ah, I just went ahead and picked up Jane. Had a 3* Hero ticket left over from starting. Will use her as a magic damage amp since no Viska with Epis and Cleo and have Clause for my physical team. Probably take her to T2 at least to get started then figure it out.

It’s all just more a question of priorities. But it is fun.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Jane is definitely as strong as she’s ever been (thanks to her UT3 effect shredding M armor), but she’s almost exclusively used as an amp/dps tank, not a proper tank. Viska is good CC when she’s at least t3 and thanks to her UW giving 25% magic amp, she’s used in many different areas of the game. Unfortunately, there are many cleaving mobs (draconics) in ch8 that makes it nearly impossible to use melee.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

There’s a purification discount event from aug 8-15. The transcendence events typically follow those so I’d expect one either the 16th or the 23 OG August!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Which 5* hero should I grab with the free ticket? I've heard good things about Phillop? So far I have Jane and Epis.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Phillop won't complement those two, but he's a solid choice for a physical team.

I'd go with a healer. Kaulah or Laias are both good choices.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Which 5* hero should I grab with the free ticket? I've heard good things about Phillop? So far I have Jane and Epis.
If you're looking for a solid team to keep progressing through the chapter levels, Kaulah is a strong pick with Jane and Epis. Phillop is a physical damage amplifying tank. Epis is magic damage and Jane is a magic amplifying tank. Kaulah (at T3) also amplifies magic damage.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Downloading this now on my new Note 9. Wanted a game to play on the new phone!

Does this one have a lot of Nox/BS emulator macros type farming? or auto farming in the game already? I heard it was grindy, but am I at a severe disadvantage if I don't macro bot it?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Does this one have a lot of Nox/BS emulator macros type farming? or auto farming in the game already? I heard it was grindy, but am I at a severe disadvantage if I don't macro bot it?

Not really? There are people that do but I guess it depends on what your goals are from the PvE and PvP side. It is night impossible for me to use all the STA they throw at you. If I had a Nox/BS emu set up to auto dragon raids then sure, but just typically playing no way. Not for me at least. It is a fun game and I mostly play at work and auto run stuff in the background. Would like a decent guild and someone to do the dragon stuff with consistently b/c I'm pretty gear starved at the moment to really progress at all.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not really? There are people that do but I guess it depends on what your goals are from the PvE and PvP side. It is night impossible for me to use all the STA they throw at you. If I had a Nox/BS emu set up to auto dragon raids then sure, but just typically playing no way. Not for me at least. It is a fun game and I mostly play at work and auto run stuff in the background. Would like a decent guild and someone to do the dragon stuff with consistently b/c I'm pretty gear starved at the moment to really progress at all.
Well I think I'll stay with it! So hopefully soon I'll be ready for that stuff? No idea. Was reading some starter guides, and it says to use Clause instead of Kasel as your main tank, but with his Holy Light sword Kasel does so much more damage! Maybe drop Roi... This is the guide.

r/Kings_Raid - Daily Question Thread - July 02, 2018

I'm still so new into the game I have a ton of scenarios and stuff to get through but I really like the auto features the game gives you.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

I wouldn’t say “severe” disadvantage, but there are certainly advantages to macroing (consuming naturally regenerated stamina as it regens is optimal, but not necessary).

It’s grindy but all of the grindy parts are auto-able in-game (ie no macros needed). I’ve been playing since December 2017 and still play every day. The game just continually gets better and more approachable. The devs are doing a great job at maintaining the game.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well I think I'll stay with it! So hopefully soon I'll be ready for that stuff? No idea. Was reading some starter guides, and it says to use Clause instead of Kasel as your main tank, but with his Holy Light sword Kasel does so much more damage! Maybe drop Roi... This is the guide.

r/Kings_Raid - Daily Question Thread - July 02, 2018

I'm still so new into the game I have a ton of scenarios and stuff to get through but I really like the auto features the game gives you.
Use Kasel until you can’t use him any more. Clause is the best general tank in the game, but he does no damage and doesn’t offer great utility until mid-late game.

If I were starting new I’d probably go Clause Frey Epis Lorraine. This will get you through the vast majority of story mode. Chapter 5 has some magic immune stuff so you’ll want to pick up a physical dps (Kassel *can* work but don’t invest too much into him. 5* at the most, I’d say). Clause and Frey don’t need their unique weapons (UW) to perform well. Epis and Lorraine both do well enough with 0* UW.

All star heroes that everyone should have are Annette, Rephy, and Gladi (NPC). Annette because she gives cc immunity. Rephy because friendly dispel, raid-wide healing, and mana battery. Gladi because faster Unique Weapons from the arena.

Frey is middle of the pack for healers. Clause is best general tank (I used him for all tank intensive content). Kasel is only really good in a very small niche and after heavy, heavy investment so I don’t recommend using him after chapter 5. Cleo can be very good with her UW and 3rd skill unique treasure (UT3). If you like her, then aim for those and she’ll do well in dungeons with 4+ enemies. Roi, again with somewhat heavy investment, is one of the best physical dps in the game. He needs T5 perks, 3* UW, and 0* UT3. Until then he’s outshined by most every other physical dps. So as a new player, I’d use someone else (Requina, Selene is good for solo fights, Nyx for aoe).

Here’s a tier list that will give you at least a general idea of how heroes perform in different areas:

Edit: link to google docs wasn’t showing up correctly on my phone browser so I put it in code.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qa6D2yltinnr6pOw5eywJD8DrP_UNz7-orniNR63LY0/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0