King's Raid

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
As far as progression, I think it’s best to clear all difficulties of the chapter you’re currently on before moving on to the next chapter. They recently made this a lot easier by allowing you to choose “Continuous” once you start doing Normal difficulty story dungeons. You’ll automatically go to the next dungeon after each successful clear. For the early game, losses should be pretty rare unless you need more levels or need to equip higher level gear.

Don’t forget to do conquests (starts at chapter 2 with the big golem boss) as those are huge exp per kill. Try to have the bonus xp and gold buffs (Event Missions tab) when you do them. XP earned is a static amount. Lower level characters get higher percentage when grouped with higher level characters, but the amount of xp earned is always the same. I point this out because you can equip empty xp flasks, but I wouldn’t until you’ve capped out a character’s level. I max out my characters in this order - DPS - tank - subdps - healer. Killing faster is almost always better, but survival does start to become a factor around chapter 6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What do I do with all this gear filling my inventories? Selling it seems like it gives so little, but is grinding it any better?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What do I do with all this gear filling my inventories? Selling it seems like it gives so little, but is grinding it any better?
Gold is gonna be more immediately useful than the powder you get from grinding. Outside of quests that have you enhance options on gear, you shouldn't be using powder until T6 dragon gear (at the absolute earliest).

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
1535816880947.png

That Epis DPS though.

Need to up Artemia's / Lewisia's UWs then I'll destroy WB1. That's 4* Epis, 1* Artemia, 0* Lewisia.

Also thinking about taking Laias out of there, because I clearly don't need the extra mana on my 4 main heroes, anyway.

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 174938

That Epis DPS though.

Need to up Artemia's / Lewisia's UWs then I'll destroy WB1. That's 4* Epis, 1* Artemia, 0* Lewisia.

Also thinking about taking Laias out of there, because I clearly don't need the extra mana on my 4 main heroes, anyway.
May is really good on both WBs. Speaking of which, we need to do the CR Hell today!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
1537555128073.png

What the shit is this?

I think they're getting to the end of their creative allotment for this game.

Molten Core Raider
A friend here at work who is jaded with FFBE started playing this and dragged me into it as well. One mobile money sink isnt enough for me, I suppose.

This game does seem pretty generous with its currency and stuff and beyond a beginner bundle or two I haven't felt compelled to spend anything really. Currently rocking a low level magic oriented team (Aselica, Artemia, Lewisia, and Lilia). I have another 3 star ticket coming tomorrow and thinking about grabbing Annette as a longterm sub-dps/support project for when I need to drop either Artemia or Lewisia depending on the content. Got a long way to go before I can worry about ultimate stuff but it's been pretty fun so far.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
A friend here at work who is jaded with FFBE started playing this and dragged me into it as well. One mobile money sink isnt enough for me, I suppose.

This game does seem pretty generous with its currency and stuff and beyond a beginner bundle or two I haven't felt compelled to spend anything really. Currently rocking a low level magic oriented team (Aselica, Artemia, Lewisia, and Lilia). I have another 3 star ticket coming tomorrow and thinking about grabbing Annette as a longterm sub-dps/support project for when I need to drop either Artemia or Lewisia depending on the content. Got a long way to go before I can worry about ultimate stuff but it's been pretty fun so far.
The game doesn’t have many “must have” heroes, but Annette is definitely one of them.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>

Currently rocking a low level magic oriented team (Aselica, Artemia, Lewisia, and Lilia). I have another 3 star ticket coming tomorrow and thinking about grabbing Annette as a longterm sub-dps/support project for when I need to drop either Artemia or Lewisia depending on the content.

Lilia is physical. Seems like she'd be magic, but no. She's one of two physical mages (the other being Nyx, amusingly enough), and they are pretty niche.

If you plan on getting Annette (which is a really good move as she is the most OP hero in the game), you'll want to replace Lilia for sure. Lewisia is also pretty weak until she's fully transcended/properly equipped, at which point she's the absolute goddess of various things (although I think Kara is probably neck and neck with her now).

Annette will actually serve you really well, because you don't have a healer right now. One of the reasons she's terribly OP is because she can (properly equipped, anyway) serve as a full-time healer when you pair her with a decent tank. I main Aselica and she's ridiculous. They go really well together.

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Lewisia and Kara are both strongest on long boss fights, for sure. Artemia is upper middle of the pack for chapter fights. Lorraine would be a good addition to your team as her CC is among the best.

Epis is probably the best chapter hero thanks to her S4, but chapter dungeons aren’t necessarily the most valuable place spend your limited hero upgrading resources.

Molten Core Raider
I misspoke, I didnt mean Lilia, I meant Laias is the fourth hero I have, so I do have heals covered, even have her Ultimate Weapon already somehow.

I tried to be as informed as possible before making any hero choices and was looking for things that synergized a bit. I kinda see Artemia as a good story clearer but not someone i plan to build around long-term. I did read a bit on Kara but also read something that said shes better when manually played rather than auto and seeing as how Im still learning stuff with auto on, i thought i'd better steer clear of her for now :p

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I misspoke, I didnt mean Lilia, I meant Laias is the fourth hero I have, so I do have heals covered, even have her Ultimate Weapon already somehow.

I tried to be as informed as possible before making any hero choices and was looking for things that synergized a bit. I kinda see Artemia as a good story clearer but not someone i plan to build around long-term. I did read a bit on Kara but also read something that said shes better when manually played rather than auto and seeing as how Im still learning stuff with auto on, i thought i'd better steer clear of her for now :p
Kara’s fine on auto. It’s a good vs perfect situation. I get about ~10% improved DPS if I manual her, but it’s pretty involved so usually not worth it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd drop Laias for Annette in a heartbeat. That's just me, though. It also depends on what you're doing. Some of ch8 really needs a "real" healer to be trivial enough to 3*.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, CH8 required me to change up the “standard” team comp a lot. Some levels I used two tanks, some I used two healers, some I used full CC comp.

Molten Core Raider
At the earlier suggestion to do so, I benched Laias for Annette and like the results so far. She's a bit behind in levels, but then again I need more levels on everything. I hit Chapter 6 and it was pretty much a solid wall as far as my group is concerned. Gonna spend a while doing leveling maps today I think with exp scrolls running.

Also, how exactly do I go about getting Ultimate weapons? Just hope I get lucky from that daily summon? I saw that i can craft a ticket with 1000 shards but Im lacking those shards.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
At the earlier suggestion to do so, I benched Laias for Annette and like the results so far. She's a bit behind in levels, but then again I need more levels on everything. I hit Chapter 6 and it was pretty much a solid wall as far as my group is concerned. Gonna spend a while doing leveling maps today I think with exp scrolls running.

Also, how exactly do I go about getting Ultimate weapons? Just hope I get lucky from that daily summon? I saw that i can craft a ticket with 1000 shards but Im lacking those shards.
Chapter 6 is definitely a step up in difficulty. Hitting level 61 and wearing t6 gear helps. You’ll want to give your tank a P Toughness rune (if you pull a Knight class UW or have that tanks UW give them one of each type of toughness runes then the block defense tube of your choice).

League of Victory (arena) gives you points to buy UWs for 30k points. It works out to be about one UW per month once you make it to platinum rank. Participating in League of Honor gives you achievements that grant UW shards (total of 4 UWs can be crafted after 1,000 LoH entries). Once a month you get a random UW ticket as a login reward. World boss boxes have a small chance of containing random UW tickets. Roulette in the inn has a very small chance of random UW ticket. Actually, almost everything that has a “reward box” can drop a UW ticket of some variety.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
I'm looking into picking up another dps hero. I love Lewisia but I knew going in she wasnt ideal for all types of content. Some stuff I just find myself really wishing I had a more direct damage oriented hero. Earlier posts pointed toward Kara, is she still the most solid choice for magic dps or would someone like Aisha be better?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Kara, like Lewisia, takes time to spin up before she's godly. If you want m.dps that is solid all the time (but not godly most of the time), Mirianne is a good choice. She's an assassin, but she's ranged, and she does a lot of damage if she doesn't get ganked by something because of her mid position, which happens sometimes.

If you're looking for immediate impact, though, and you don't mind the care and feeding of a glass cannon, you can't beat Epis, especially for chapter clearing. She's just that damn good. Really weak if she gets targeted, but has innate lifesteal on one of her skills (two if you take the right talents).

Keep in mind that most of the pure damage heroes rely on their UW to be truly useful. Don't give up on any of them right away.

Molten Core Raider
Im playing the game with 2 friends/coworkers so Im trying to put a little variance in my team versus theirs so we dont have much unit overlap for stuff like dragon raids which makes me hesitant to jump on the Epis-train. I know she's solid but both of them use her as their primary dps so Ive been looking elsewhere for dps options.

You may be right about me maybe not giving what I have enough of a chance. My group for chapter content is Aselica, Artemia, Annette, and Lewisia. I may be fine as is, just drop Lewisia for Laias for harder hitting things and allow Annette to play more of a dps role instead of running two dedicated damage dealers. For some reason I see Artemia as a temporary member of the team but maybe I should just invest in her more and roll with what I have for a while. I do need more UW's though, currently Aselica, Artemia, and Annette have theirs but Lewisia is rocking a T10 wep but it isnt her specific unique.

Side question, is this May's Beginner Roll Book worth the investment? Im trying to stay F2P (virtually impossible for me as is evident by the FFBE thread), but I'm tempted by these one time beginner packages. The Beginner roll book has 14 days worth of rewards (3 star hero ticket, 2 random UW tickets, 250 fragment pack, 100 mysterious skill books, 10mil gold, 100 total deluxe XP pots, 3 total Stones of Infinity, ancient wep rune box, 50 of each essence, 10 of the 10x item summons, and 3 ancient enchant box) for 43 bucks. I have about a day to decide if i want it before it poofs, is it worth it?

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Im playing the game with 2 friends/coworkers so Im trying to put a little variance in my team versus theirs so we dont have much unit overlap for stuff like dragon raids which makes me hesitant to jump on the Epis-train. I know she's solid but both of them use her as their primary dps so Ive been looking elsewhere for dps options.

You may be right about me maybe not giving what I have enough of a chance. My group for chapter content is Aselica, Artemia, Annette, and Lewisia. I may be fine as is, just drop Lewisia for Laias for harder hitting things and allow Annette to play more of a dps role instead of running two dedicated damage dealers. For some reason I see Artemia as a temporary member of the team but maybe I should just invest in her more and roll with what I have for a while. I do need more UW's though, currently Aselica, Artemia, and Annette have theirs but Lewisia is rocking a T10 wep but it isnt her specific unique.

Side question, is this May's Beginner Roll Book worth the investment? Im trying to stay F2P (virtually impossible for me as is evident by the FFBE thread), but I'm tempted by these one time beginner packages. The Beginner roll book has 14 days worth of rewards (3 star hero ticket, 2 random UW tickets, 250 fragment pack, 100 mysterious skill books, 10mil gold, 100 total deluxe XP pots, 3 total Stones of Infinity, ancient wep rune box, 50 of each essence, 10 of the 10x item summons, and 3 ancient enchant box) for 43 bucks. I have about a day to decide if i want it before it poofs, is it worth it?
Sorry, I just saw this. In general, I’d say no, the May thing isn’t worth it, especially if you want to be f2p.