King's Raid

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Molten Core Raider
Kara is my next hero that I plan to work up (hit Trans2 today, aiming for 3 by Friday and have her 1* UW already). I do love Lewisia but Kara seems to be an upgrade in every way. Lorraine or Laudia will be after Kara, just not sure which yet. I only snagged Laudia because I ended up with her UW and both UT's thanks to random tickets so I figured why not. Aisha is probably not gonna get much else from me for now. She seems outclassed by a number of other magic dps units. I know Mirianne isn't supposed to be top shelf dps, but nothing else I have can even come close to matching her right now. She's a beast.

Question about gear, the Manticore set is the long-term goal for most dps correct?

Last edited:

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Kara is my next hero that I plan to work up (hit Trans2 today, aiming for 3 by Friday and have her 1* UW already). I do love Lewisia but Kara seems to be an upgrade in every way. Lorraine or Laudia will be after Kara, just not sure which yet. I only snagged Laudia because I ended up with her UW and both UT's thanks to random tickets so I figured why not. Aisha is probably not gonna get much else from me for now. She seems outclassed by a number of other magic dps units. I know Mirianne isn't supposed to be top shelf dps, but nothing else I have can even come close to matching her right now. She's a beast.

Question about gear, the Manticore set is the long-term goal for most dps correct?
Manticore, in general, is best, yes. Some dps are so mana starved that they need mp/atk from BD set, but heroes like Kara (in siege/boss killing mode) get little or no benefit from mp/atk so 4 pc manticore is the absolute best.

I wouldn't take Lewisia off your WB/boss roster just yet. My go-to boss team is

Healer: Annette
DPS1: Kara
DPS2: Lewisia
Tank: Jane/Aselica/Morrah depending on the mechanics of the fight.

Molten Core Raider
I need some direction as to which hero I should work on next. I've put some resources (and a little money) into getting Aselica, Mirianne, Lewisia, Kara, Annette, Laias, and Seria to Transcendence 5. I'm sitting on a decent pile of Infinity Stones but I'm not sure where to put em.

Other heroes I have that I could work on: Lorraine, Aisha, Laudia, Jane, Artemia, Mediana (no UW yet though), Frey, or Maria. Im leaning toward Lorraine or Artemia, but I also kinda feel a second priest would help me in World Bosses cause right now Laias and Annette have to do all the heal duties.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I need some direction as to which hero I should work on next. I've put some resources (and a little money) into getting Aselica, Mirianne, Lewisia, Kara, Annette, Laias, and Seria to Transcendence 5. I'm sitting on a decent pile of Infinity Stones but I'm not sure where to put em.

Other heroes I have that I could work on: Lorraine, Aisha, Laudia, Jane, Artemia, Mediana (no UW yet though), Frey, or Maria. Im leaning toward Lorraine or Artemia, but I also kinda feel a second priest would help me in World Bosses cause right now Laias and Annette have to do all the heal duties.
Are you getting the NPC friendship items every week from the raid shop? May is really good on boss fights and Juno is really good on WB2, Lakreil, and PvP.

Don’t sleep on this new fragment dungeon in central orvel. They’ve never allowed stam to be exchanged directly for fragments before. I’m farming up tens of thousands.

Lorraine is really good at cc, maybe the best in pve. Mediana is good to have for physical bosses like nordik (guild raid), lakreil, and WB2. Laudia is brokenly good, I’m told. Maria is popular in arena but not as strong in other content afaik.

So as you can see, the choice really depends on what type of content you’re most interested in. I three heal WB1 with Annette, Shea, and May; three heal WB2 with juno, Shea, and Mediana. I use Juno in my arena team. (A note on Shea - you really need 3* UW or higher for her to be worth using.)

Molten Core Raider
Juno is the npc Im currently working on. I wasnt buying all the kinship items from the raid shop until last week so Im behind where I should be, but two weeks or so and Ill have her.

I havent reached the point yet where I have a specific lineup for specific content :p My guild boss fights are always Lewisia, Mirianne, Aselica, and Annette. I have Annette spec'd for healing/dps and she's enough to keep everyone up consistently except for the Manticore. Aselica scares me on that with her health yoyo'ing. My guild is only doing Normal difficulty bosses atm though so things may change when we go up to hardmode.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Juno is the npc Im currently working on. I wasnt buying all the kinship items from the raid shop until last week so Im behind where I should be, but two weeks or so and Ill have her.

I havent reached the point yet where I have a specific lineup for specific content :p My guild boss fights are always Lewisia, Mirianne, Aselica, and Annette. I have Annette spec'd for healing/dps and she's enough to keep everyone up consistently except for the Manticore. Aselica scares me on that with her health yoyo'ing. My guild is only doing Normal difficulty bosses atm though so things may change when we go up to hardmode.
Ah, normal and hard mode guild raid bosses you can use almost any comp (except for Nordik and Nubis - Nordik only use physical damage, Nubis only use magic). In Hell you definitely need more specific team comps.

Molten Core Raider
What is the difference between normal and hard guild bosses? Just their health or do they do more damage and all? I couldn't really tell much of a difference between normal and easy when we switched. Right now we're finishing the normal bosses off with 3-4 days to spare and dont have the activity points to reset it (our guild is only 7 or so RL friends and relatives). We're debating on going up to Hard difficulty but Im really the only one doing significant damage to the bosses on Normal. Im afraid if we go to Hard stuff we will only kill two or maybe three throughout the week.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
What is the difference between normal and hard guild bosses? Just their health or do they do more damage and all? I couldn't really tell much of a difference between normal and easy when we switched. Right now we're finishing the normal bosses off with 3-4 days to spare and dont have the activity points to reset it (our guild is only 7 or so RL friends and relatives). We're debating on going up to Hard difficulty but Im really the only one doing significant damage to the bosses on Normal. Im afraid if we go to Hard stuff we will only kill two or maybe three throughout the week.
Tbh, if you want to get the most out of the game, you really need to be in an active guild. Alkorin Alkorin might have a couple recommendations for guilds that can accommodate all 7 of you.

I can't really speak to the difference between Normal and Hard. It's been a long time since I've been in a guild that didn't clear hard twice a week. We're currently doing Hell one week, then 3x hard clears the next week (alternating so one week is dedicated effort and the next is a break).

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Even the open guilds that my alts are in clear Hard once a week.

I'll post their names when I get home. No idea if there are open spots, but they both had plenty of open spots when I joined. I've never spoken to anyone from either guild, so no idea if they have room now or if they even talk to one another. lul.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'd appreciate any help with guild also. And any team building help from y'all as an update to my roster...

Epis T5 about to 3* her UW
Cleo T4
Clause T4
Frey T4
Jane T2
Annette T2 only 76 with 1*UW
Selene
Priscilla
Kasel
Rephy 1*UW
Lewisia 1*UW
Mitra
Roy
Morrah (about to finish in Inn, 1*UW)

And that hero ticket that included Lewisia, Requina, and Mirianne. But I already had Lewisia.

What are the raid shop items? Not familiar with those. And yeah I really want to burn stamina on this dungeon to make gold bars. Silly sitting on like 30k sta and doing nothing with it.

Molten Core Raider
Raid shop items could be one of two things. There's a vendor in the guild area that sells items for currency you earn from killing/participating in guild boss raids. These items change regularly and can be anything from skill books to gear pieces (it's how you get the Manticore armor). Alternatively the blacksmith guy at the forge also has a shop that sells items for the currency you get from killing dragons. You can get specific pieces of gear or save your tokens for tickets to buy gear with 2 option selects on it, or you can get kinship boxes to help level amity for npc heroes. I hear both called "raid shops" depending on who I'm talking to :p

Last edited:

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Intrinsic Intrinsic , of those three, if you already have Lewisia, you want Mirianne, hands down. Of all your ranged choices, she is easily the highest sustained damage output. Lewisia is good on long fights, too.

And oops, forgot to post the guild names that my alts are in. Neither one has 7 spots, unfortunately, and the second one is damn near dead (I just noticed today, heh). Can try to get into this one if you want:

1541712987554.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Intrinsic Intrinsic , of those three, if you already have Lewisia, you want Mirianne, hands down. Of all your ranged choices, she is easily the highest sustained damage output. Lewisia is good on long fights, too.

And oops, forgot to post the guild names that my alts are in. Neither one has 7 spots, unfortunately, and the second one is damn near dead (I just noticed today, heh). Can try to get into this one if you want:

View attachment 182311

Thanks. Any thought on which team(s) to ultimately build around? I think Morrah was going to be my M.Dmg tank with Epis and then keeping Clause as my P.Dmg tank. Really I only do PvE World Bosses and stuff. Not really dragons right now bc didn't feel like I knew how to contribute to a group and no guild for guild raids. I do Arena but really just to get my points, not terribly worried about being top tier but every bit helps.

I have 30 Infinity Stones and lots of pots.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Morrah is somewhat situational, I think. Dandai would know better as I don't play her. Of all the tanks I've played, Neraxis and Aselica are the absolute beasts when it comes to m.def tanks. Clause is the king of p.def, though.

You're missing some strength in ranged m.atk, but if you go with Mirianne, that's solved. I'd try building up Morrah / Epis / Miri / Annette, personally. Annette is ridiculous and can keep most entire teams alive without much difficulty if she's built properly. Epis is my #1 dps by far and away, but I have her at 5*UW and nearly 400K atk (more with modifiers from buffs). It took a while before she was reliable. I imagine the same is true for Miri, though I have yet to get her geared up properly.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Still can't believe the fragment event right now. They must have a reason for devaluing the fragments so much. Everyone who's paying attention will end up with 5-figure stacks of each fragment, maybe even more.

Going to get all my heroes to 5* when I get home just for the luls. I think I have 10 or 15 still at 2*/3* right now because I didn't care enough to bother.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The gold fragment in town? That’s to craft gold bars to enter the dungeon in desert right? Think I did that when it was introduced but not since.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Not just the gold bits, it's the Mysterious Fragments that are rewards for the Central Orvel event right now. I think I have about 20k of them now, but there are guys in guild with 40-50k+ from this event.

Molten Core Raider
I dont have an abundance of stamina pots but what I do have is going into farming this stuff. I did push Lorraine to Trans5 yesterday and this event will let me hopefully finish off Mediana and maybe Laudia too before I'm done.

How do you guys handle getting UW's and UT's for heroes you dont have or want to use? I got two of the UW's for Chrisha this morning and have no real interest in her as a unit I want in my team. By tossing her UW's to the woodchipper I could make a ticket and get Mediana her UW. Is that something I should be doing, or should I be saving all UW's and UT's regardless of unit?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Keep 'em, unless you know for sure for sure that you'll never touch that hero or that the UW/UT is truly unimportant. Some of the UWs/UTs have absolutely no value. e.g. I have thrown 3 or 4 of Bau's UW into the grinder, because all he brings to the table is his shield, and I'll likely never use him anyway.

I've kept pretty much every one that I've drawn so far and it's paid off when heroes have been buffed after the fact.