Laptop Computers

jooka

marco esquandolas
SUPER DONOR
Jul 30, 2016

ok, this is the model I got. Basically the cheapest version. So far it is really kick ass. Still getting used to the keyboard as it is full size with a number pad where my Zenbook did not. The touchpad is not centered so also taking a little time to get used to. Haven't got to try any games yet but plan on playing far Cry 5 later today/tonight if it finishes downloading. Shitty internet is shitty

loudgas

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Aug 8, 2016
@jooka I've been considering this model myself, I use the backup/restore feature in Steam, it really saves time. Even an old backup is good as it will only update at that point.

DirkDonkeyroot

Knight of the Realm
Jul 30, 2016

ok, this is the model I got. Basically the cheapest version. So far it is really kick ass. Still getting used to the keyboard as it is full size with a number pad where my Zenbook did not. The touchpad is not centered so also taking a little time to get used to. Haven't got to try any games yet but plan on playing far Cry 5 later today/tonight if it finishes downloading. Shitty internet is shitty
How is the construction on this? When I was looking for a new laptop I found one of these in a shop where I live and it felt fragile but I'm not sure if it's just because it was the shops demo or what.

jooka

marco esquandolas
SUPER DONOR
Jul 30, 2016
loudgas I'll have to check that out. Took till this morning to just download FarCry 5

How is the construction on this? When I was looking for a new laptop I found one of these in a shop where I live and it felt fragile but I'm not sure if it's just because it was the shops demo or what.
Feels really sold to me. Played some Farcry 5 a bit this morning on High and it never dipped below 60fps(VSYNC ON) or if it did I didn't notice. Getting used to the keyboard and like it. Once I got the touchpad set to how I like it feels really good. The sound is great compared to my Zenbook but I usually use a pair of Sony MDR 1000x for sound. I will say the display is good but not the best either. I'm pretty spoiled at home on displays as normally never game on laptops unless I'm traveling for work. I use a Asus PG278Q at home which is just complete awesomeness.

loudgas

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Aug 8, 2016
Why not plug in your key/video/mouse to the new laptop and see how it drives that monitor? It's suppose to have a desktop gtx1060 equivalent, isn't it?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
DONOR
Jul 30, 2016
loudgas I'll have to check that out. Took till this morning to just download FarCry 5

Feels really sold to me. Played some Farcry 5 a bit this morning on High and it never dipped below 60fps(VSYNC ON) or if it did I didn't notice. Getting used to the keyboard and like it. Once I got the touchpad set to how I like it feels really good. The sound is great compared to my Zenbook but I usually use a pair of Sony MDR 1000x for sound. I will say the display is good but not the best either. I'm pretty spoiled at home on displays as normally never game on laptops unless I'm traveling for work. I use a Asus PG278Q at home which is just complete awesomeness.

One of the main complaints I had seen on the laptop and Inspiron 7000 series was that the monitors weren't horrible, but weren't great. I ended up getting an Alienware 17 with a GTX 1070. I am loving it so far and this thing is built like a tank. I am pretty sure I'd be more worried about what I dropped it on then hurting the laptop. I also managed to get it on some weird sale that Best Buy was having so I got it for like 150 more than the 1400 Predator Helios.

Denamian

Who?
SUPER DONOR
Jul 30, 2016
I have the i5, 8 GB RAM 256 GB SSD surface pro 4 and it's still a solid device. My only major complaint is bluetooth performance is kind of shitty. I'm pretty sure that you can get refubs straight from Microsoft.

Bandwagon

Drones and stuff
DONOR
Jul 30, 2016
I have the i5, 8 GB RAM 256 GB SSD surface pro 4 and it's still a solid device. My only major complaint is bluetooth performance is kind of shitty. I'm pretty sure that you can get refubs straight from Microsoft.
Thanks, just ordered a new 2017 version with the same specs.

All the reviews I'm seeing are outstanding.