Last Epoch

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sirus and the Elderslayers was an awesome overall story. Fit the tone. Current shit is great in terms of attracting more eldritch horrors. I just don’t see what you’re seeing here.

Concept wise? Absolutely.

Execution? I feel like there could have been a Burgerking cup and "special sandwich".

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive probably played this game more than most. This game could have released a year ago and still been more polished than most games currently released.

Best ARPG out there to me. Ill get way more hours out of this than PoE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Concept wise? Absolutely.

Execution? I feel like there could have been a Burgerking cup and "special sandwich".
Other than the Sirus fight being a bit unfun at times and too many map regions that really dragged on around t4/t5, I didn’t have much complaint.

I thought you were talking about how the vast majority of the Heist shit culminated in killing a cat and lacked a meaningful boss fight.

Caeden

Might be time to dust this off for a new playthrough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally decided to give this a run while waiting for the new PoE league.

I can't actually play it for the most hilarious/weird reason I've ever encountered? Whatever they have done (or haven't done I suppose) to optimization in this game is causing my 3090 to like max out power draw to the point that it's blowing the breaker in my old ass apartment building. I've never had an issue like this since having this card, but I can 100% reproduce it by loading this up and trying to play for longer than like ~15 minutes, then it's a trip down to the basement to reset the stupid breaker.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Old breaker? You mean new anti crypto miner breaker.

dd0.jpg

Caliane

Even fails when you use the correct March 1st as the start of a new year.

Is he British? The British considered Marth 25th, the beginning of the new year till the mid 1700's.

Caeden

I wish they'd launch leagues with multiplayer. Sometimes I feel like these fellas don't understand what they're doing. Great game overall though.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I love LE but i really wish ARPG would find a new way to ensure long term retention and "freshness" outside of league. Much rather see a sub based game like this with introduction of new content every 3 months or something. I didn't mind POE/D3 but just never liked forced leagues. Rather have the only focus be on pertetual server. I know its easy to say "oh just dont do the leagues" but something physiological just makes it ruin it for me.

LE is my mid term game that I plan to play heavily until Ashes of Creation finally goes live in a few years so I'd love to see it out after following for a few years.

So far my favorite character is a lightening spell bear with EQ and Bhuldar's. Pushed it to 400 corruption but haven't beat J4 with him yet but alas after 40 you apparently start losing your mad gamer skills :( Doing a avalance shaman now that I just run around and bring the storm which is fun but not sure how well it will do in higher corruption. Tried all sorts of sorc builds and just can't really enjoy which is sad as usually caster is my jam.

Probably my 2nd best build is actually a harvest ignite lich build which has some pretty insane damage but have some pretty nasty gear on him. Still can die easily if death seal/lich form isnt up. Interesting to see what 9.0 patch brings.

Caeden

The problem is that any trade based game which. LE will be eventually gets so much inflation that new players can’t break in easily. But I also find the progression fun. Maybe if everything has to be unlocked each character?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just because it's an ARPG doesn't mean it has to be another Diablo or PoE. Fuck MP, fuck trading, fuck leagues. I'll take something like Grim Dawn over something like, say, Inquisitor Martyr which could have been a great game if not for all the shoehorned in MP/league/always-online bullshit. (And yes, I know Grim Dawn has MP, but it's so poorly implemented and pointless that it might as well not exist. Hopefully LE's turns out the same, though I wish they just never wasted the dev time on it at all when the core game still needs so much work.)

Play it until you're sick of the godawful grind it turns into at the endgame, make a different character and do it all again. Or don't and just go play something else.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users