Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I've really been enjoying how he focuses on one key point and hammers the hell out of it each week.

Cybsled

I was listening to an interview with him on NPR and he mentioned that since they are on HBO and there are no advertiser concerns, they can really rip into stuff (like the GM recall) without fear of having advertising dollars take a hit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This week's whole bit on civil forfeiture was great(and of course infuriating), and the Law and Order bit at the end was even better with the actual cast.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think Oliver and Colbert are the only 2 of Stewarts sidekicks that have been worth anything.

I would like to see Oliver keep doing this a while. His show is worth watching but right now it's mostly, "The Daily Show: Goyim Edition" It'll get better I think as he gets more comfortable. And it's already worth watching.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The long form segments he does each week are better than pretty much anything on The Daily Show lately. Having a full week to do research and come up with the segments really makes a difference.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And no commercials breaks or fear of losing corporate sponsorship. He really shits on some major companies.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think Oliver and Colbert are the only 2 of Stewarts sidekicks that have been worth anything.

I would like to see Oliver keep doing this a while. His show is worth watching but right now it's mostly, "The Daily Show: Goyim Edition" It'll get better I think as he gets more comfortable. And it's already worth watching.
Been a few years since I watched Daily Show regularly, but I always liked Samantha Bee as well. Lewis Black was good, but I don't think he has been a regular on the show in a long time.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, a lot of his sidekicks I actually like. They're not solo acts is what I meant to say. Not worth a shit is lazy and a mite harsh.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I actually enjoy this, a bit less swearing would be helpful, sometimes he's a bit too blunt, but he is always on point. Sometimes it feels a bit overproduced, like the celebrity cameos, the guy can be funny enough on his own.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Been a few years since I watched Daily Show regularly, but I always liked Samantha Bee as well. Lewis Black was good, but I don't think he has been a regular on the show in a long time.
Lewis Black is still doing acts on the road A LOT.

Wyatt Cenac was probably my favorite other than Colbert, and he doesn't seem to do anything anymore.

I really like what they've done with this show, but they could do more. It should really be an hour. A full hour news magazine style, with rants + jokes + investigations + an interview, like a twisted mirror of what 60 Minutes was before it became dogshit.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I love too that he avoided the "Democrat vs Republican" bullshit everything breaks down to and instead attacks real stories and issues from the ENTIRE world.

Great stuff.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Cenac left the show to do a Pilot for HBO with Kanye west or some shit and I dont think it made it. He gambled and lost.

Had he stuck around he would have gotten the Colbert show instead of Larry Wilmore.

Also Rob Riggle has had a good career since leaving the show.