Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Braen

<Medals Crew>
And that's how they keep the masses from asking questions, cause by the time you finish reading the answers you forget the question.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And that's how they keep the masses from asking questions, cause by the time you finish reading the answers you forget the question.
Yup, that is why they write that way. Nailed it.

I read some of it and didn't really notice a wasted word. It is just legal writing. Once you learn how to read it, it isn't hard to understand.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's too bad very few actually watch that show. Half a million on the broadcast if that info is correct and 5 million views on youtube (with a lot of those being from outside the US), so you have what, at best 2% of the population saw this? And I seriously doubt everyone who saw this realizes this is a problem even after seeing this. I wonder how many people just went "well don't take dick pics", not connecting this to any other part of life.

This isn't going away. That show eventually will.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The song would be better without that twat butting in and he still needs to hammer some point in until it resembles beating dead horse. So many nice synonyms and he keeps using anus.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of annoyed by the patent segment only because he even mentioned Apple (as a victim) and then neglected to go into how they use patents to stifle competition. Apple is probably one of the biggest "patent trolls" there is, because they'll put a patent on anything to try to prevent a competitor from making their products.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All of the big tech companies, Apple, Samsung, Amazon, Microsoft, and Google even, do a pretty good job fucking the system up for everyone else.

He also didn't mention the largest abusers of patents ever, Monsanto.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Kind of annoyed by the patent segment only because he even mentioned Apple (as a victim) and then neglected to go into how they use patents to stifle competition. Apple is probably one of the biggest "patent trolls" there is, because they'll put a patent on anything to try to prevent a competitor from making their products.
That's literally what patents are for - stifling competition by stopping people from making your products.

It's patent trolls he was complaining about - companies that build nothing, and don't stop anyone else from building things, but try to latch onto successful products to extort money out of them.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Damn, wonder what the next episode is going to be like since Sepp Blatter just resigned. Looking forward to it. I really can't wait for the day when soccer (if ever) is actually big in the U.S.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Damn, wonder what the next episode is going to be like since Sepp Blatter just resigned. Looking forward to it. I really can't wait for the day when soccer (if ever) is actually big in the U.S.
I think its definitely on the way up. Not sure it will ever reach the level it is in Europe, but at least it will have a decent following.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
US not embarrassing themselves in the World Cup has certainly helped.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think its definitely on the way up. Not sure it will ever reach the level it is in Europe, but at least it will have a decent following.
It won't happen until premier American born athletes start taking up soccer instead of football, basketball, mma, etc... And that won't happen until there is serious money in US soccor. And that won't happen until premier American born...

Agraza

Registered Hutt
We've got enough physical talent to cover the bases. It's not like 12 year olds get into a sport because they know they'll be rich. They love the game. When they get older do they just ditch their dreams of playing in the world cup because they'll make more cash in football? Maybe some of them, but I doubt many of them.