Le Football 2018/2019

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well Zidane said he was leaving before Ronaldo, so Zidane leaving was probably a good hint that there wasn't a 4th CL in a row inc.

Decent chance Ronaldo had told Zidane he was going to leave. Neither of them is stupid, they knew what was up.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes I agree their team is bad (for a club of this level). I don't agree that it is too old. Is Messi really leaving? I'd expect him to stay there forever.

They may be old for their age, though. Thomas Müller, who never missed out on a single Oktoberfest, is declining since he's 28. Ronaldo is 4 years older and is showing almost no decline at all. It appears it's very important how professional these professionals really are.

Merrith

Buffon with a bad misplay. Hell United are another goal away from going through on away goals.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yes I agree their team is bad (for a club of this level). I don't agree that it is too old. Is Messi really leaving? I'd expect him to stay there forever.

They may be old for their age, though. Thomas Müller, who never missed out on a single Oktoberfest, is declining since he's 28. Ronaldo is 4 years older and is showing almost no decline at all. It appears it's very important how professional these professionals really are.

What age do you think most players play at a high level until these days? It certainly isn't much past 32. And Ronaldo is no where near the same player. He barely moves these days and plays no defense, he just shoots and is just a poacher now. That's no decline?

As far as PSG, maybe the Qataris will fuck off now and take their UAE brethren with them? One can only hope...

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The PSG shouldn't be able to balance their budget. Hope they sell Neymar and get Zidane and Griezman instead.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The PSG shouldn't be able to balance their budget. Hope they sell Neymar and get Zidane and Griezman instead.

Yeah, nothing like further ruining your national league by selling your soul to the Qataris for a few shekels. Granted the English started it by selling out to the Russians so whatever.

Gurgeh

Yeah, nothing like further ruining your national league by selling your soul to the Qataris for a few shekels. Granted the English started it by selling out to the Russians so whatever.
There wasn't much to be ruined in the first place, through.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What age do you think most players play at a high level until these days? It certainly isn't much past 32. And Ronaldo is no where near the same player. He barely moves these days and plays no defense, he just shoots and is just a poacher now. That's no decline?

Isn't that exactly how he played five years ago? I'm trying to find stats over the years, but amazingly enough that's not easy to find compared to detailed current season stats.

When a player starts to decline really depends on many factors. What we know of Ronaldo is that he never parties, never drinks, eats exactly what he is supposed to eat and therefore at 34 he is still playing well. He's top scorer and unlike Ibra, he's not scoring in some joke league. I like comparing him to Thomas Müller, who after all scored five times in the 2010 and 2014 world cup each, but he parties hard, there's a new set of imagines like this every year of him and he hasn't had a good year since the age of 26-27.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
There wasn't much to be ruined in the first place, through.

I'm sure the Sainte-Etienne, Lyon and Marseille fans agree with this.

Isn't that exactly how he played five years ago? I'm trying to find stats over the years, but amazingly enough that's not easy to find compared to detailed current season stats.

When a player starts to decline really depends on many factors. What we know of Ronaldo is that he never parties, never drinks, eats exactly what he is supposed to eat and therefore at 34 he is still playing well. He's top scorer and unlike Ibra, he's not scoring in some joke league. I like comparing him to Thomas Müller, who after all scored five times in the 2010 and 2014 world cup each, but he parties hard, there's a new set of imagines like this every year of him and he hasn't had a good year since the age of 26-27.

No, it isn't at all how he played 5 years ago. You can give him credit for changing his game and still playing at a high level but he has declined from his physical peak already. Are Juve better with Ronaldo? They were probably going to win Seria A regardless but now aren't as good defensively.

And I'm not sure how focusing on one player negates my point that Real Madrid's squad is aging out which it clearly is.

Gurgeh

I'm sure the Sainte-Etienne, Lyon and Marseille fans agree with this.
I'm not sure those fans really liked those 30ish years without any star players playing in the ligue 1. Sainte-Etienne was relevant before I was born, Marseille before I was a teen, and Lyon never had the money to compete. I wouldn't even say Lyon ever had any fan like Sainte-Etienne or Marseille have/had.

It's just not the same when all your star players are playing in another league.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm not sure those fans really liked those 30ish years without any star players playing in the ligue 1. Sainte-Etienne was relevant before I was born, Marseille before I was a teen, and Lyon never had the money to compete. I wouldn't even say Lyon ever had any fan like Sainte-Etienne or Marseille have/had.

It's just not the same when all your star players are playing in another league.

But that's just been in the last 10 years or so, before that the majority of the 06 and 98 teams played in France. Not sure how that's going to change unless you think PSG will only acquire French players which certainly hasn't been the case so far. Making sure the league is competitive and grows so more players can stay home would seem the better option. Who the fuck wants to watch PSG just destroy Guingamp or Lille? Nobody.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
He's going to find it a lot harder this time around. Supposedly they're going to spend £300m+ this summer because the whole squad needs to be overhauled. Will be interesting to watch one way or another.

Merrith

He's going to find it a lot harder this time around. Supposedly they're going to spend £300m+ this summer because the whole squad needs to be overhauled. Will be interesting to watch one way or another.

Sounds like they're expecting him to sweet talk Neymar and Mbappe into coming to Madrid.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Sounds like they're expecting him to sweet talk Neymar and Mbappe into coming to Madrid.

That's all well and good but you then need to get PSG to accept a transfer loss and also improve their contracts. That's probably 600m euros or so right there. Probably a pipe dream to even get one though it would be smart for PSG to move Neymar on if they could.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's all well and good but you then need to get PSG to accept a transfer loss and also improve their contracts. That's probably 600m euros or so right there. Probably a pipe dream to even get one though it would be smart for PSG to move Neymar on if they could.

yeah PSG needs to dump him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Well everyone who wrote off United and Juventus in Champions League spoke a little too soon.