Le Football 2018/2019

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
barcelona is pushing their shit in.

This is exactly what I expected at Camp Nou, but still thought we'd see more of even at Old Trafford.

Of course, Juventus choking despite Ronaldo giving them an early 1-0 lead. Going to be sad if he scores all 5 goals for them in the knockout stages without anyone else managing even one.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ajax is a great little team - shame they'll be torn asunder this summer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This is exactly what I expected at Camp Nou, but still thought we'd see more of even at Old Trafford.

Of course, Juventus choking despite Ronaldo giving them an early 1-0 lead. Going to be sad if he scores all 5 goals for them in the knockout stages without anyone else managing even one.

One team is the 4-6th best team in the PL. The other is going to win La Liga. Unless you're a blind Red Devils fan then even playing them to a standstill at Old Trafford was and did prove to be unlikely.

As far as Juve, maybe going out of your way to harbor a probable rapist and not defending your own player against racism isn't worthy of advancing. Just desserts IMO.

Merrith

One team is the 4-6th best team in the PL. The other is going to win La Liga. Unless you're a blind Red Devils fan then even playing them to a standstill at Old Trafford was and did prove to be unlikely.

As far as Juve, maybe going out of your way to harbor a probable rapist and not defending your own player against racism isn't worthy of advancing. Just desserts IMO.

Your first sentence seems to be completely agreeing with me (I expected far more of dominate Barca even on the road at Old Trafford), the rest of it you're just being Brando to try to take as big a shot at United as possible...which is what you do again regarding Ronaldo and the racism situation involving Kean with Juventus.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Your first sentence seems to be completely agreeing with me (I expected far more of dominate Barca even on the road at Old Trafford), the rest of it you're just being Brando to try to take as big a shot at United as possible...which is what you do again regarding Ronaldo and the racism situation involving Kean with Juventus.

Unless I"m misreading what you wrote you seem to indicate that you thought it should have been a more even game at OT. Are you saying it was even or it wasn't? Your initial post seems to indicate you didn't think it was but now your response is opposite. Your post last week was you thought it was even. I don't care either way, Barca were heavy favorites and showed why.

As far as Ronaldo and Juve, what about what I said is untrue?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chill Brando lol

Pretty sure Merrith was saying Man United took Barca’s Big D. They are just that a sub 4-6 PL club playing La Liga’s best this year.

Merrith

Unless I"m misreading what you wrote you seem to indicate that you thought it should have been a more even game at OT. Are you saying it was even or it wasn't? Your initial post seems to indicate you didn't think it was but now your response is opposite. Your post last week was you thought it was even. I don't care either way, Barca were heavy favorites and showed why.

As far as Ronaldo and Juve, what about what I said is untrue?

I did think it was more even, but frankly I thought Barca should have rolled through both legs. I totally understood they were going to look better at Camp Nou in the 2nd leg after watching the 1st, I was just surprised they looked as flat (in comparison to how they can play and how I thought they would). I felt United should have taken advantage more (as in grabbing for anything they could, b/c they weren't going to get anything else going to leg 2). Does that make more sense? I felt Barca could have won the agg something like 6-0 or 7-1 before the 1st leg, but given how much United was able to show at OT, I felt they missed a chance to grab any sort of positive from the tie b/c Barca really looked subpar compared to their real level.

Merrith

And Brando on the Juventus stuff, I know you'd believe Ronaldo was a rapist before most, because you simply dislike the guy...hence why you take shots at him (or United) or any other entity you deem to be unfavorable to you. I agree with you for the most part on the Kean racist stuff, their handling of that was beyond puzzling. It just seemed like one of your typical "I'll completely ignore what was being discussed (his performance for them relative to anyone else providing anything on the scoreboard) in order to take a shot at something I don't like" moments.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Barca played similarly to ManC and Juve last week in that all were defensive away from home. It also doesn't help that Barca's midfield is a shadow of it's former glory so in general Barca can't be as good as they were recently due to that. With that said it's two different things as far as how good Barca are compared to other vintages and the fact that ManU isn't very good so even this subpar vintage of Barca is more than enough to coast home.

As far as Ronaldo, you understand that Juve have been complicit in preventing him from being served subpoenas and also changed their summer pre-season plans to insure he doesn't have to fly to the US? He's been credibly accused of rape or are you arguing it's not credible?

Merrith

Barca played similarly to ManC and Juve last week in that all were defensive away from home. It also doesn't help that Barca's midfield is a shadow of it's former glory so in general Barca can't be as good as they were recently due to that. With that said it's two different things as far as how good Barca are compared to other vintages and the fact that ManU isn't very good so even this subpar vintage of Barca is more than enough to coast home.

As far as Ronaldo, you understand that Juve have been complicit in preventing him from being served subpoenas and also changed their summer pre-season plans to insure he doesn't have to fly to the US? He's been credibly accused of rape or are you arguing it's not credible?

Hey if Barca knew they could mail it in that much on the road (by comparison, they still won the game), good on them. I kind of expected them to roll and thought the way they played at OT could have allowed United had they taken better advantage of a chance or two to have a lot more belief they could pull off a miracle...rather than just squashing any hope by pumping in another away goal or two.

I haven't looked into the case enough to know the details of what Juventus has done or what you consider "credible" for the accusation itself. I believe from most of your comments regarding Ronaldo you'd tend to want to believe any accusations against them, however credible any of us thought they might be. I was talking about the fact no one else on the team managed to chip in a single goal in 4 knockout round matches in my original post, today.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I tend to go off the facts which are he's been accused and between Juve and himself are doing everything they can to avoid him having to deal with it. If he was innocent you'd think he'd be quickly trying to clear his name no? Then the Kean incident which is ridiculous. So yeah, Karmic justice. Fuck Juve.

Merrith

I tend to go off the facts which are he's been accused and between Juve and himself are doing everything they can to avoid him having to deal with it. If he was innocent you'd think he'd be quickly trying to clear his name no? Then the Kean incident which is ridiculous. So yeah, Karmic justice. Fuck Juve.

Eh, with accusations like that I'm sure he's getting all sorts of legal advice for a variety of potential reasons. And that's whether he's guilty or not. I could understand certain measures to "protect the player" from unnecessary stuff in regards to it, although basic legal matters they shouldn't be circumventing, obviously. As I said, I pretty much am in complete agreement with you on how they handled the Kean incident.

My comment on the scoring is he obviously is being counted on to provide big goals in key moments, but I'm sure he was expecting at least SOME help from the rest of the team.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That was a pretty fun half of football.

Really impressed with Sterling this season, happy for him as he seems like a pretty good kid.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

When we're talking about muscle movement for a possible touch on the arm to disallow a tie winning goal. This game is crazy.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game of the season surely. This is nuts!

Think City will score another one, but they have to be annoyed to give up 4 goals at home to this shower

• 1Like