League Of Legends

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The money comes from streaming. Towliee a modest WoW streamer makes about 9k a month streaming to ~ 2k people.
I find that hard to believe. Where'd you get your numbers? Also, streaming is what generates revenue, not where the money comes from, which is what I'm more curious about.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Is bankplank still viable? Not really sure how to go about building him since they took out the heart of gold. Kage's is just such a shithole item on him.

Obligatory:

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Season 3 is a step in the right direction but holy fuck increase the bans already. The champion pool is large enough.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is bankplank still viable? Not really sure how to go about building him since they took out the heart of gold. Kage's is just such a shithole item on him.

Obligatory:

I was in a match as Gangplank with the new Avarice blade and a Twisted Fate on my team. Hai2u 13 bonus gold on a Parrrley kill

I don't understand the blitz permaban. I used to play blitz a ton and no one ever complained about him being OP. Sure his grab was powerful, but that's been around for forever. What's changed ?

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
People started playing him again. When someone is abnned for so long, it's almost like people forget how to play them correctly so it's free wins.

It just doesn't make any sense. Blitz was one of those old school champs from way back in beta and as far as i can tell NOTHING has changed about him for years. And then all of a sudden he gets permaban status ?

I guess I'm just annoyed that I can't even play one of my favorite champs anymore because for some retarded reason he's become fotm status.

sebur

Bronze Squire
It just doesn't make any sense. Blitz was one of those old school champs from way back in beta and as far as i can tell NOTHING has changed about him for years. And then all of a sudden he gets permaban status ?

I guess I'm just annoyed that I can't even play one of my favorite champs anymore because for some retarded reason he's become fotm status.
You also have to remember, even though he may not have changed much, that doesn't mean that the game itself hasn't changed or there are champions who now benefit from him more. Bot lane is played way more aggressively these days as opposed to not so long ago.

Xalara

Golden Squire
You also have to remember, even though he may not have changed much, that doesn't mean that the game itself hasn't changed or there are champions who now benefit from him more. Bot lane is played way more aggressively these days as opposed to not so long ago.
Yep, bottom lane is now played aggressively and one kill really changes the balance. The thing with Blitz is, he may miss most of the time, but all you need is that one grab to get the kill and put your lane ahead.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
He's only banned at low ELO, because he dunks on bad players. Same reason Amumu is perma banned. They will both punish the fuck out of people for being out of position/not having vision of key areas, and that happens a lot sub 1500.

Golt_sl

shitlord
He's only banned at low ELO, because he dunks on bad players. Same reason Amumu is perma banned. They will both punish the fuck out of people for being out of position/not having vision of key areas, and that happens a lot sub 1500.
Yup, i permaban blitz because i don't trust teammates to position well to avoid his hooks, or dont run past certain pathways when they don't have vision and he could grip them through. Seen plenty of late games end by blitz hooking someone/killing then forcing objectives like baron and winning the game.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yup, i permaban blitz because i don't trust teammates to position well to avoid his hooks, or dont run past certain pathways when they don't have vision and he could grip them through. Seen plenty of late games end by blitz hooking someone/killing then forcing objectives like baron and winning the game.
Yeah low elo bot lane is the worst vs a Blitz. Especially when your adc pushes lane and fails to hide behind creeps. /facepalm

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The talent changes went in, I'll have to try the new support stuff this weekend.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I haven't played much ADC since s3, but it seems IE/PD or BT/PD are still the best builds? Anyone having any success with anything else? I occasionally see a Statik Shiv, Black Cleaver or that Hydra but honestly it seems IE/PD/BT are still much better. Black Cleaver seems like it'd be very strong on the Trinity Force champs (Ez and Corki) especially Corki with his E armor shred, yet I don't think BC is worth it on just about any other champion since it seems you're just better off getting that IE.

I know there are some gimmicks like SoTD on Vayne or Hydra on Kog maw but they aren't really that viable.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I haven't played much ADC since s3, but it seems IE/PD or BT/PD are still the best builds? Anyone having any success with anything else? I occasionally see a Statik Shiv, Black Cleaver or that Hydra but honestly it seems IE/PD/BT are still much better. Black Cleaver seems like it'd be very strong on the Trinity Force champs (Ez and Corki) especially Corki with his E armor shred, yet I don't think BC is worth it on just about any other champion since it seems you're just better off getting that IE.

I know there are some gimmicks like SoTD on Vayne or Hydra on Kog maw but they aren't really that viable.
By Hydra I assume you mean Runaan's Hurricane, since Hydra is the melee-only splash weapon. Until the next patch, stacking Black Cleaver's is basically the way to go, it's almost completely broken at the moment since it's not unique. When that's fixed, the normal builds still apply, I think BT is more popular than IE right now unless you have a sustain support for your ADC. Honestly, ADC builds are what probably changed the least. There's more situational options, but that's about it.

suzumebachi_sl

shitlord
Hey guys. I'm looking for some people interested in playing LoL.

I've been playing League of Legends since Beta. I've never really gotten into Ranked games, but I think it's mostly because I would just solo queue since I don't really have any queue partners. I own every champion, but I'm not that great at bruiser or jungler types. I prefer to play AP mid, support or ADC.

I've been a lurker on FoH boards for a few year now but I've never posted. I figured I'd post and see what happens, because I'm starting to get tired of ARAM. heh My LoL name is the same as my handle here.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
By Hydra I assume you mean Runaan's Hurricane, since Hydra is the melee-only splash weapon. Until the next patch, stacking Black Cleaver's is basically the way to go, it's almost completely broken at the moment since it's not unique. When that's fixed, the normal builds still apply, I think BT is more popular than IE right now unless you have a sustain support for your ADC. Honestly, ADC builds are what probably changed the least. There's more situational options, but that's about it.
GP is considered Melee so Hurricane doesnt work on him, Hydra does.

I would duo with someone, i'm only playing ADC atm. ~1200 elo atm. IGN: so Ravishing

I have close to 200 ranked games played S3 atm, I dicked around for the first 150 or so now Im strictly playing ADC and working back up.