League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So.. you're saying there's a chance? (that TSM gets to finals.. not that they win worlds.. heh)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So.. you're saying there's a chance? (that TSM gets to finals.. not that they win worlds.. heh)
Yea!

Also, if we want C9 to have a chance at avoiding Group A, then we want FNC to win.
Otherwise C9 probably go A

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Reminder: C9 vs Lyon tonight in about 3 hours.

HKA vs FNC is the only match I really want to watch, but there is no way I'm staying up tonight for them after the C9 match. But at least I'll be able to wake up to the results.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Reminder: C9 vs Lyon tonight in about 3 hours.

HKA vs FNC is the only match I really want to watch, but there is no way I'm staying up tonight for them after the C9 match. But at least I'll be able to wake up to the results.
Yea I'm in the worst timezone for these world's (est). At least I can watch a game or 2 of c9 and then I'll just watch the rest in the morning on 2nd monitor at work lol

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Round 2, Day 1:

FNC makes me a liar and win 3-0. HKA just suck, but FNC didn't look good tbh. I think they're going to get crushed by most of the top seeds. Their early game is just so shitty.

C9 looked great, Game 2 was a big test. They fell behind and were dead even for an hour, they were able to clutch it at the end. Definitely the best game of the day.

Sneaky said he'd prefer to get into Group A because he thinks EDG more beatable than RNG/SSG, even though SKT are also in A.

Unfortunately, FNC winning means they have a slightly less chance of getting A, but I'm not sure if A would be best for them anyways. I think having a chance to beat out 2 teams (RNG/SSG) is better than just hoping you can beat 1 (EDG)...

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Round 2, Day 1:

FNC makes me a liar and win 3-0. HKA just suck, but FNC didn't look good tbh. I think they're going to get crushed by most of the top seeds. Their early game is just so shitty.

C9 looked great, Game 2 was a big test. They fell behind and were dead even for an hour, they were able to clutch it at the end. Definitely the best game of the day.

Sneaky said he'd prefer to get into Group A because he thinks EDG more beatable than RNG/SSG, even though SKT are also in A.

Unfortunately, FNC winning means they have a slightly less chance of getting A, but I'm not sure if A would be best for them anyways. I think having a chance to beat out 2 teams (RNG/SSG) is better than just hoping you can beat 1 (EDG)...

well.. he got his wish, and I think he meant EDG/AHQ are easier overall then RNG/G2 ? With SKT and SSG being close enough that you need a lot of luck to beat either? Idk. I guess I could see his point, that its better to have 2 teams you at least have a chance against then 1 unbeatable and 1 'easy' team when you are trying to get 2nd to get out of the group.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
well.. he got his wish, and I think he meant EDG/AHQ are easier overall then RNG/G2 ? With SKT and SSG being close enough that you need a lot of luck to beat either? Idk. I guess I could see his point, that its better to have 2 teams you at least have a chance against then 1 unbeatable and 1 'easy' team when you are trying to get 2nd to get out of the group.
Yea not sure. They got their wish, and TSM couldn't avoid WE haha. Funny how they pick 1 team and everyone was auto slotted.

WE did okay but I feel like they had some struggles.

The Pick'Em is live now btw.

Also news on next season: going back to Bo1, so teams play 18 total games in a season again.

Personally, it means I'll watch almost all games again.
Sucks for the competitive aspect, but better for most viewers imo.
Ill pay attention to more teams again.

The Bo3 did turn me off from watching much. Practically watched none this past season, for the reasons theyve given.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I dunno how someone can be dumb enough to post something like that under an official company tag. And then double down and triple down before finally backpedaling with an apology.
Be smart, man.
Say you were hacked.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Worlds Hype has been shit this year. Where's the damn music video?!

They just released a video, kinda sucks though (imo). "Part 1" of road to worlds, and focuses on EDG vs RNG. I guess it's going to be a 4-part series, focusing on the 4 main regions, or some crap. /snore.

The video:

Also on Reddit is this:

Google had some VR event and showed a VR LoL thing.

1st Day Schedule:

3:00 AM EST: Opening Cermony
3:30 AM EST: RNG vs FB
4:30 AM EST: G2 vs SSG
5:30 AM EST: LZ vs IMT
6:30 AM EST: FNC vs GAM
7:30 AM EST: SKT vs C9
8:30 AM EST: EDG vs AHQ

Last edited:

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I probably would have talked myself into staying up for opening ceremony and the first match.
But RNG vs. Wildcard? Nah.

Youtube at work it is.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
If you watch any match from Worlds. You must watch the GAM vs FNC match from last night.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
FW vs TSM is the best game of Worlds so far.
Including all the Play-In matches.

Craziest game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
IMT vs FNC was decent too, ended kinda flat.

Edit: K, got caught up....

Day 2 was pretty insane all around. 5 of 6 are worth watching imo. The LZ vs GAM match is shit, but the rest are all pretty good.

TSM vs FW and SKT vs EDG are the 2 best to watch.

I feel like this Worlds is already the best it's ever been. Even with Ardent Censor everywhere, the games seem intense, like no team is ever out of it, and not too many complete stomps so far.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The edg vs skt game.. i think skt is bored and trying to handicap themselves now.
That was so ridiculous.

Im glad TSM showed up against FW. They need to beat them to get out of that group.

The IMT/FNC game was great. Very back and forth till that one big mistake.

Good stuff so far. The NA dream of making finals for once is still alive!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I don't play LOL (Smite 10 X better!!!) but i will hand it to them, they definitely do create a very engaging eSports production. I occassionaly have watched through out this year on weekends when bad teams are playing on Smite but for play-in's and worlds i've found myself watching every single VOD if i don't catch it live. As someone who doesn't play, i know i'm missing some of the intricate details but still throughly enjoy the meta level strategy involved and easy enough to pick up some of the minor details. Just the overall atmosphere they create makes it feel just engaging as the NBA to me with for the most part very solid analysis discussions, stats, and commentators. Where as Smite production is not even close and i found my self turning off commentary today after listening to the last 2 weeks of LOL, fucking one of the main smite guys who talks (F.dot) literally makes up whatever he wants as they go and its so fucking annoying. Having X-pro players who actually have skill in communication definitely goes a long ways.

Wasn't impressed with IMT but Cloud 9 & TSM playing real solid and as mentioned man there has been some awesome games. Fucking SKT looks like they just are fucking around and then at the last minute decide to give a fuck and steam roll but i don't think they are taking it this year. I'd say TSM or LG comes away with this year. Cloud 9 has looked really solid but the SKT vs Cloud9 game was such a fucking beat down it was like a high school football team going against the Patriots....

I do wish Smite would add another map objective like the dragon pit, definitely adds some great complexity and trade off situations. Too bad LOL uses stupid fucking point to click shit!!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't play LOL (Smite 10 X better!!!) but i will hand it to them, they definitely do create a very engaging eSports production. I occassionaly have watched through out this year on weekends when bad teams are playing on Smite but for play-in's and worlds i've found myself watching every single VOD if i don't catch it live. As someone who doesn't play, i know i'm missing some of the intricate details but still throughly enjoy the meta level strategy involved and easy enough to pick up some of the minor details. Just the overall atmosphere they create makes it feel just engaging as the NBA to me with for the most part very solid analysis discussions, stats, and commentators. Where as Smite production is not even close and i found my self turning off commentary today after listening to the last 2 weeks of LOL, fucking one of the main smite guys who talks (F.dot) literally makes up whatever he wants as they go and its so fucking annoying. Having X-pro players who actually have skill in communication definitely goes a long ways.

Wasn't impressed with IMT but Cloud 9 & TSM playing real solid and as mentioned man there has been some awesome games. Fucking SKT looks like they just are fucking around and then at the last minute decide to give a fuck and steam roll but i don't think they are taking it this year. I'd say TSM or LG comes away with this year. Cloud 9 has looked really solid but the SKT vs Cloud9 game was such a fucking beat down it was like a high school football team going against the Patriots....

I do wish Smite would add another map objective like the dragon pit, definitely adds some great complexity and trade off situations. Too bad LOL uses stupid fucking point to click shit!!

When people complain about point and click, I'm not sure if it's a complaint about RTS game controls in general, or if it's a complaint about the Diablo type point and click. League is typical RTS controls using way point system and auto pathing, which is a bit better than full on point and click.

Anyway... MF vs TSM:
TSM got so outplayed. Really opens up the group. It'll be interesting it na and Eu can both advance. MF shouldn't have won this any other day, but DL was playing like shit. Too risky early. Seemed out of his element on Kog. Hope Trist isn't his only good champ this worlds or TSM will be in trouble. He needs adc with escapes to pair with his risky play. Kog has too little outplay mechanics

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Sorry to clarify, i mean all point to click. Keep in mind i only started playing computer games when i was 16 back in 1997 and that was EQ and Might & Magic as the only games i touched for many years so never grew up on RTS at all. With MMO's being 90% of my game time in the 20's and Smite being the first played for more then 1 day, i have a pretty bias view on having to point and click to move around vs controling with WASD/mouse pan. To me point to click is so clunky and unresponsive i just don't see how people would ever play that vs something like Smite but i wish I did because the rest of LOL is extremely engaging and something i would have loved to get into.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Eh... it's free to play and controls will take you less than a day to get use to. If you think it looks fun then just DL it and try it. Sounds more like the *idea* of Point & Click is deterring you rather than actually trying to learn it.

I started with RTS games prior to EQ though, but going from MMO/FPS into LoL can be awkward at first for sure... different "muscle memory". Luckily doesn't take me too long to break back in, but honestly, I am probably a whole tier (or more) lower in "skill" after breaks due to slower reactions/movement etc. After ~3 games I usually feel pretty decent though.

I played a shit ton of Warcraft 3 between EQ raiding and loved the micro of the Heroes, so playing LoL was very appealing to me.

Thing with LoL is the strategy portion is about as important... or more important... than controls. I can usually hold my own on the strategy side after long breaks.