League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Worlds going on right now then 1st ep of Arcane plays right after.

Over 2 million viewers on Twitch watching LoL right now.
Highest viewer count I've ever seen for a game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Worlds going on right now then 1st ep of Arcane plays right after.

Over 2 million viewers on Twitch watching LoL right now.
Highest viewer count I've ever seen for a game.
The insane thing, is the Chinese viewership numbers were probably 3 or 4x that, maybe more with EDG in the finals (and winning)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I was terrible at DOTA but I decided I would give League a shot since my kid likes it- something to play together. I was pretty impressed with the introduction as compared to DOTA; there is some handholding that allows you to ease into it. Got up to level 8 and decided (against the recommendation of my kid) to play Blind Pick to try out PvP. I was feeling pretty good about the game. I mean even when my teammates were not bots, I was usually leading in all stats.

So, I had just purchased Lux as my first support and wanted to see if being a good teammate would help in low level PvP. First match, I go bottom and no one comes with me so I am trying to not get my shit shoved in 1v2. Finally Dorian comes down about 5 minutes into the game and repeatedly YOLOs. He ended up going 0-25 and bought only a shield. Another teammate went 0-14 and only bought a ring.

The opponents, on the other hand, seemed to be coordinated and communicating. They were not noobs. It was brutal and I guess I was bound to have my faith in humanity tested sooner or later.

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was terrible at DOTA but I decided I would give League a shot since my kid likes it- something to play together. I was pretty impressed with the introduction as compared to DOTA; there is some handholding that allows you to ease into it. Got up to level 8 and decided (against the recommendation of my kid) to play Blind Pick to try out PvP. I was feeling pretty good about the game. I mean even when my teammates were not bots, I was usually leading in all stats.

So, I had just purchased Lux as my first support and wanted to see if being a good teammate would help in low level PvP. First match, I go bottom and no one comes with me so I am trying to not get my shit shoved in 1v2. Finally Dorian comes down about 5 minutes into the game and repeatedly YOLOs. He ended up going 0-25 and bought only a shield. Another teammate went 0-14 and only bought a ring.

The opponents, on the other hand, seemed to be coordinated and communicating. They were not noobs. It was brutal and I guess I was bound to have my faith in humanity tested sooner or later.

Playing this game with someone else will make the experience better but LoL is one of the most toxic online experiences you can choose to endure.
The lower levels as you mention will be super rocky as well. Expect a terrible time. It's brutal and punishing, not fun at all.

However, I do enjoy the Mobile experience. It feels more modern with the quicker pace of play & the 3d models at champ select/login.

At this point If someone asked me about LoL I will steer them away from actually playing the PC game. I get my Runeterra fix with Wild Rift, TFT, & LoR. And I watched Worlds for LoL but no way am I playing it again.

• 1Solidarity

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Playing this game with someone else will make the experience better but LoL is one of the most toxic online experiences you can choose to endure.
The lower levels as you mention will be super rocky as well. Expect a terrible time. It's brutal and punishing, not fun at all.

However, I do enjoy the Mobile experience. It feels more modern with the quicker pace of play & the 3d models at champ select/login.

At this point If someone asked me about LoL I will steer them away from actually playing the PC game. I get my Runeterra fix with Wild Rift, TFT, & LoR. And I watched Worlds for LoL but no way am I playing it again.

Well, not that it is any better, but I would play DOTA since I at least sort of know their Champions but their MM is complete shit. LoL I have been able to get into games quickly. DOTA wait times are terrible.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thing about low account level blind pick is theres actually a shit ton of bot accounts that people sell which is what those characters sound like, they just join games to get exp and sell them once they can get into ranked

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm an ARAM only player (yuck!) at this point and even there the difference in the quality of games between my main and alt account is astounding.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm an ARAM only player (yuck!) at this point and even there the difference in the quality of games between my main and alt account is astounding.
Same here. I don't like "real" competitive PVP in my old age anyways, but it's especially shitty in League. I just like the 'fun' game modes. I only liked ARAM on the howling abyss bridge though....I don't like playing it on Summoner's Rift. I miss twisted treeline, too.

I really only play URF now when I feel like playing League. Shaco and Illaoi in URF are a fucking blast.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I also miss twisted treeline, I did all sorts of crazy builds there.

1636414244003.png

TT had a couple sweet experimental items. GP10 health item that turns in to AD item with health, CDR, armor pen and SPELL VAMP. Sign me the fuck up!

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah just starting out in this because friends / family are into it.

- I tried like 8-10 games in beta, never played again, but miraculously recovered the account
- I find all MOBAs insufferable except HOTS (but willing to give this another shot)
- the only characters I can tolerate in HOTS are low complexity, long ranged, like Sgt. Hammer or Azmodan

What characters should I try in LOL?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

- I tried like 8-10 games in beta, never played again, but miraculously recovered the account
- I find all MOBAs insufferable except HOTS (but willing to give this another shot)
- the only characters I can tolerate in HOTS are low complexity, long ranged, like Sgt. Hammer or Azmodan

Ashe

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also wow. This checklist when starting up the game is like a new Boy Scout Motto. The community was that toxic they had to roll this out? :p

Untitled-1.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Also wow. This checklist when starting up the game is like a new Boy Scout Motto. The community was that toxic they had to roll this out? :p

View attachment 383816

it still is

pretty sure i couldnt get higher than silver 1 in support if my life depended on it with all the smurfs, dc'ers and idiots

last time i tried i was 1 promo away from gold IV as support, then had 12 straight losses including combinations of the above

its league of grief

Leon

<Silver Donator>

Save yourself the trouble and steer clear.

From reading your post league is going to eat you alive.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm still playing at least a game or two with my kid every day. I haven't found it to be that bad although I do rage sometimes when I come up against a matchup where I feel like there is nothing I can do either because of the champion's abilities or they're a smurf/just way better than me.

You really just have to try to be zen about it when you're getting your shit shoved in. I find, playing with the kid, we can even have fun losing if our attitude is right and sometimes you can even pull out a win when you're losing the team fight war.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Every game is different, you can't always be the carry if a jungler is camping you all game or something. Sometimes you just have to weather the storm and let the rest of your team carry. Sometimes you have to team fight together, sometimes you have to split push and say fuck your team, get objectives.

Mage: Xerath, ziggs, lux, AD: jinx, cait, ashe, kogmaw, senna

• 1Like