League Of Legends

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I loved playing alistar but you can't Headbutt+pulv anymore which fucks him over. He is a great linebacker still but he's almost dead weight in laning phase. I've jungled him recently and if you can't get your level 2 gank off successfully he will fall behind so fast. He gets counter-jungled so damn easily. I dont really know what he needs, he's still good for team fights, so much cc and tanky and heals, but everything else kinda blows.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Since when can you not Combo him anymore? Last I remember, they actually turned it from a bug to a game mechanic, making it easier to do it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You can still Headbutt/Pulverize.

Jungle Alistar really is alright but alright isn't enough in a world populated by Lee Sin, Elise, Jarvan, and Vi.

What really bothers me about him in the jungle is that if someone properly Flashes a Headbutt during the animation they escape 100% clean. If you fuck up a Flash against Volibear or Singed's flips you can get rocketed back all of the Flash distance but that just doesn't happen for Alistar. Flash a Headbutt and all of the knockback effect is eliminated. He's also got things like big cooldowns and large mana costs holding him back from being anything other than an underplayed support. The days of crazy AP Alistar are long, long behind us.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Because he has high cooldowns and crap ratios. So dedicating a lot of farm to get him tanky or damage capable is pretty worthless. I'm sure he could lane up there and farm around people but his kill potential would be nil.
I was considering something along the lines of an ad tank with a frozen gauntlet spirit visage core. That would come close to capping cdr and the sheen proc would pump out good dmg with his ult. Maybe sunfire for 3rd item?

fris

Vyemm Raider
he would get stomped in lane by anyone 1v1 w/ range. his heal is pretty weak since it's aoe. and since it's aoe, your lanes would push even when you were losing. his passive is aoe damage anytime he casts any spell right? again, pushing even if your losing.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
alright with the end of the season coming up im looking for a partner to duo with me to get gold , i have been hanging around silver 1/2 unable to finaly break gold for months and its making me crazy. or if you just want to cary me maybe we could work out a trade

Jungle Alistar really is alright but alright isn't enough in a world populated by Lee Sin, Elise, Jarvan, and Vi.

What really bothers me about him in the jungle is that if someone properly Flashes a Headbutt during the animation they escape 100% clean. If you fuck up a Flash against Volibear or Singed's flips you can get rocketed back all of the Flash distance but that just doesn't happen for Alistar. Flash a Headbutt and all of the knockback effect is eliminated. He's also got things like big cooldowns and large mana costs holding him back from being anything other than an underplayed support. The days of crazy AP Alistar are long, long behind us.
I really do miss the days off AP Ali though. Even if it made what people view as OP now look totally unimpressive. Taking someone from 100 to 0 with a LB/DFG and your combo while tanking their whole team and taking absolutely zero damage.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Really ? because I would manage to land the combo 99% of the time and the 1-2 times I jungled him recently (month+ ago?) it was virtually impossible to hit it. Just had someone play Alistar support yesterday that never hit the combo, either, but they might have sucked.

There was a change a while ago that made his headbutt throw people like 2-3x longer than intended, people would fly over 2-3 walls and shit, this broke the combo, they fixed the headbutt distance but I havent seen the combo work again since before that patch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was using Alistar as my jungler of choice on my smurf account and I had to do some bot games explicitly to practice it but it does still work. It's just easy to fuck up.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was using Alistar as my jungler of choice on my smurf account and I had to do some bot games explicitly to practice it but it does still work. It's just easy to fuck up.
Just about anything can work. I have a winning record this season in plat as AD jungle malz, which is an entirely worthless char, however funny it might be that his voidlings scale with ad.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So the new Curse roster already imploded. Pobelter was kicked due school, apparently it interefered with practice. Aphromoo was kicked as well, but don't know exactly why. Cop is back on the team.

Voyboy is moving to Mid lane
IWillDominate Jungler
Zekent Support
Cop ADC

5th player is unknown atm.

This team is a shitshow. I still want to see Zekent & IWD play.
It will be hard to make me root for this team considering how fucked up the management is.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's his Ultimate rockets. They made him sorta like Karma but with a long R cooldown.
Yea, and that shows pretty much best-case way-ahead shots too. Even after the rework Heimer feels kinda iffy. His ult cooldown is over 100 at rank one and much like Karma doesn't give a 'free' cast (like Rengar) so you don't get to use regular missiles + super missiles. You can get the super turret + 3 other turrets if your setup and timing are fantastic but his turrets are pretty shitty right now because of how fragile they are. I had 3 rank 4 turrets die to a minion wave without clearing half of it. Just sad.

His ult rockets are scary looking and do a lot of damage if the missiles don't hit multiple targets or creeps. His ult + grenade seems way more reliable and better for a team fight, turns it into a Ziggs Q with each bounce doing damage and stunning/slowing.

Edit: I do like Xerath's rework though. Hard to tell how the numbers all come together but it's more interesting than his old skillset with largely the same playability. The new W feels nice. His ult is hilarious.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
His ult rockets are scary looking and do a lot of damage if the missiles don't hit multiple targets or creeps. His ult + grenade seems way more reliable and better for a team fight, turns it into a Ziggs Q with each bounce doing damage and stunning/slowing.
Am I reading that right though? Potentially 3x1.25 sec stuns?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I reading that right though? Potentially 3x1.25 sec stuns?
The stun area still isn't huge, and it bounces away, and it moves way faster now, so I don't think there's any way for one person to get stunned multiple times unless they're REALLY trying to.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Argh I'm in silver 1 clamping. 7 lp a win is killer. Only going to get worse too.
Not always true, sometimes its only single-digit LP for 2-3 wins then goes back to normal. If you go on a small win streak you'll break free of the clamping pretty fast.