League Of Legends

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I never prioritized SV because the passive doesn't really do anything for malph but looking at it again that was silly. The health, MR, 20 regen and CDR are pretty pimp for him. Not sure what I was thinking.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd think that Iceborn > TForce on malph in almost all scenarios because of his ground slam scaling with armor and the extra wave clear from the proc.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wait, did Trinity Force seriously become standard on Malphite because of the Battle of the Atlantic?

Because that's retarded.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Especially considering the AP assassin Malphite was way more impressive. Really, I'm shocked by how versatile Malphite's builds are. You can put him in damn near any comp vs any other comp. The bronzies were right!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I Duno, I've just read about people using it. Never tried myself.

I did a custom game to mess with eve, tri and rage blade and cdr boots are really good. Hydra and you become awesome. I don't know if bt or Bork would be a better 5th item. I'm leaning Bork because you max your as with your e.

lindz

#DDs
Ended my promos in Silver 1. Was super worried after having some early losses but ended up 6-4. Could be worse though. At least getting back to gold won't be as bad as it was last time!

penalty_sl

shitlord
2-1 so far. Getting really sick of Yasuo though, seems like the enemy team instalocks him then he runs around destroying my team.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Wow, whoever makes the calls on CLG completely threw that game there in the baron area. Either base and deal with Hai in bot lane or do baron. but to just get kited around like that? wtf

Dr Ent_sl

shitlord
I've never played rank and am about to lvl 30. Should I wait for a while until everyone else requalifies? Or would I be better off just diving in?

Depends. If you don't care that you'll most likely end up in bronze then just jump right in. If you do care then don't touch ranked until you have 250-300 wins under your belt. At that point you'll have a good enough grasp of the game as a whole and can probably get high gold/low plat placement if you have the skills. This is assuming that lol is your first moba, if you are a HoN or DoTA vet then just jump right in.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It really doesn't matter when you decide to do placements other than your own ability. You will be paired with other players that have around a 1200 rating. Some will suck, some will be good. Its always random at that MMR. It's a huge melting pot. You will probably be equiv to a lower MMR player and won't have the experience to carry the games to be placed high. Once you get stuck in bronze or low silver it might be very difficult to climb out. You sound like you are more worried about your teammates but really it just depends how comfortable you are with your abilities right now.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm in the same boat. Just hit 30 a few days ago. Thought I'd give ranked a shot and my team got smashed the first few games. I did fairly well, but each time it seemed like we just had one guy that was bringing it all down. Since then I've held off on ranked matches. Is the rating purely Win/Loss or are other things factored in? Afraid to get back because I don't want to end up 0-10 because I'm not experienced enough to carry a game.