League Of Legends

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
0.9% popularity for a new champ is also extremely bad. He's the 2nd least popular champ... just ahead of Urgot. Granted, the data is just rolling in now so I expect the numbers to be a bit different tomorrow and the weeks to come
The popularity calculation takes into account a period of time when he wasn't available for play...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man that TSM game was hard to watch. They got outpicked fucking hard. The Rengar/Zilean Teamwork combos were impressive. I still don't get why the NA/Euro teams all play this methodical playstyle, play it safe and wait for the best opportunities, when this works best only against teams also playing this way. The Asian teams always play HYPER AGGRESSIVE and its like nobody catches on to this.

You'd think they'd plan accordingly.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think azir is going to have a pretty high skill cap for who will use him and I am not sure the high skill people will bother. Working your auto attacks through semi mobile minions is pretty damn odd and I am not sure thats a play style a lot would enjoy.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Man that TSM game was hard to watch. They got outpicked fucking hard. The Rengar/Zilean Teamwork combos were impressive. I still don't get why the NA/Euro teams all play this methodical playstyle, play it safe and wait for the best opportunities, when this works best only against teams also playing this way. The Asian teams always play HYPER AGGRESSIVE and its like nobody catches on to this.

You'd think they'd plan accordingly.
Yes it was, I think the main problem is they don't value Rengar because there really isn't a successful NA/EU Rengar player or certainly to the level that Dandy and the likes play him to. I also feel a similar far with Zilean. They just seem to play him above and beyond what NA/EU are capable of doing with him but it also fits their playstyle better.

I also think most Western teams misunderstand and view Korea as just this super hyper agressive region that just forgoes objectives, when in fact their aggression is used to create objective oppourtunities. I think in reality you need a rekkles/yellowstar bot lane with a Bjer mid lane , not even sure who I would put top or jungle TBH, but an all star team that is actually an all star team. Some teams like TSM get outclasses in certain lanes and you can't have that when facing Korea.

Yes it was, I think the main problem is they don't value Rengar because there really isn't a successful NA/EU Rengar player or certainly to the level that Dandy and the likes play him to. I also feel a similar far with Zilean. They just seem to play him above and beyond what NA/EU are capable of doing with him but it also fits their playstyle better.

I also think most Western teams misunderstand and view Korea as just this super hyper agressive region that just forgoes objectives, when in fact their aggression is used to create objective oppourtunities. I think in reality you need a rekkles/yellowstar bot lane with a Bjer mid lane , not even sure who I would put top or jungle TBH, but an all star team that is actually an all star team. Some teams like TSM get outclasses in certain lanes and you can't have that when facing Korea.
The Koreans aren't hyper aggressive, that is the Chinese teams. NWS and SGB are actually noted for their passive early game play. SGW is kind of aggressive, but not the apeshit crazy stuff we saw from EDG and SHRC today. Koreans tend to beat you during objective rotations and being very technically sound in lane in comparison to the other regions. Then they beat you in team fights or in late game strat execution. The only role where the Koreans don't have a massive technical advantage is probably at ADC where I feel the Chinese have that edge.

Having said that, TSM didn't respect the Rengar or Zil picks which are insta ban in the LPL (Rengar targeted for insec/Zil never gets through period), and it boned them hard. Also Turtles crappy laning phase continues which allowed Insec to just destroy top.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes you worded it better than I. I meant that the EU/NA tend to wait for opportunities to present themselves. Asia, through their hyper aggression creates opportunities to take advantage of. Like really, why didn't Wildturtle even attempt to swap lanes?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Dyrus gets picked on enough in a solo lane. Getting placed in a 2v1... what are you trying to do the poor bastard?

Re-watched the game. TSM had a slight lead in lane phase for 10 minutes despite losing bot lane. And then Insec took over after that failed bait. Lane phase felt worse for TSM while I was watching it live. But at least it seems like there is something they can build on.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_76442.png

2% uptick to win percentage, but still dead last.

Also 2% uptick to popularity which puts him 23rd worst instead of 2nd worst.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This TSM game is fun.

I gotta believe the pink ward at TPA blue is bugged and can't be seen by TPA... wtf

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_76442.png

2% uptick to win percentage, but still dead last.

Also 2% uptick to popularity which puts him 23rd worst instead of 2nd worst.
Okay, you still aren't getting the fact that the percentage is calculated using a time period where he was not available for play. It's upticking because the % of time he's been available is increasing.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Okay, you still aren't getting the fact that the percentage is calculated using a time period where he was not available for play. It's upticking because the % of time he's been available is increasing.
Uhm, no. I understand just fine. Maybe you are the one that's confused?

Edit:

To explain to The Ancient, since he feels like trolling me.
It seems like you were too lazy to read the 2nd sentence of my initial post which states:
Granted, the data is just rolling in now so I expect the numbers to be a bit different tomorrow and the weeks to come
Clearly I already knew the data is not accurate, however, seeing the 2% uptick from an extra days worth of data shows that on his RELEASE week he probably has a 10-14% (2% per day for 5-7 days) pick rate which rates him in the top ~12% of champions regarding popularity, which is GOOD if not for that fact it's his RELEASE week. You would expect a new champion, that if he was actually a good champion, would be even higher than that... at least imo.

To show other stats that aren't from lolking, I actually like to use op.gg, however since the other poster used Lolking I figured I would as well.
When using op.gg, if you go to this page:?"?"??-??" ?O?z" ????" :: OP.GG North America - League of Legends Summoners statistics and MMR
You can see exactly his win rate and popularity. He is hovering at 10% popularity which is pathetic.. ranking him 38th. (though maybe some days still missing, it does seem much more accurate though as it falls in line with my above calculations) His win rate is DEAD LAST for every MMR level in NA. He is ~30% win rate across the board.

He's a bad champion, as I said ~3 pages ago.
I don't know why you're so hung up on the popularity stat tbh as it has no affect on the win rate %. Win rate is perfectly accurate on both sites. I was merely pointing out popularity to gauge public perception of the champ and you can easily extrapolate the data for the whole week, as I laid out above.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I don't know why you're so hung up on the popularity stat tbh as it has no affect on the win rate %. Win rate is perfectly accurate on both sites. I was merely pointing out popularity to gauge public perception of the champ and you can easily extrapolate the data for the whole week, as I laid out above.
Lol, I dunno cause you kept mentioning it like it meant something.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Someone compiled the builds that are being used at Worlds:
Runes, Masteries, Skill order infographics - S4WC D1 (Every Game) : leagueoflegends
Bjergsen's Yasuo runes/masteries are identical to how I've played Yasuo since he's been released, I JUST changed them yesterday in fact cause I never saw a pro use +atk speed marks before and I figured I was doing something wrong. I went 1 lifesteal quint instead of 3 though. I changed my runes to be more standard (+atk/health/mr). Maybe I'll recreate my old set with the lifesteal+atk speed for certain matchups where sustain is necessary.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
New job, been in Cleveland all of last with with 256k wifi at the hotel. Going back next week so I haven't played at all. How is Azir? I've watched a few streams/vids and he seems incredibly weak. Did they nerf him in the last few weeks on the PBR? I don't remember him being that gimpy.

Also I bought Pentekill Karthus today because of the sale. I really want to play some K-Jung.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I feel he can be ok, I played him once or twice and he just isn't my style so I will never play him again so I can't really comment from a depth stand point.