Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yessssss!

Image is from phone using steam link :D

Screenshot_20200226-204325.jpg

Was in plat 2 forever but finally got through, now I can have fun again with different decks.

Grinded with the kinkou elusive deck that is S tier on mobalytics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yes it's pretty strong for sure.
I did make a change that I got from a content creator (not Swim, but forget the guy's name)... I added a 2nd Deny and reduced Will of Ionia to 2 copies.
Deny is strong against decks that are slotting in Harrowing & Warmother.
Ionia is good vs Hec decks though.
If you don't see much control with harrowing/warmothers than keep the 1 deny imo.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yes it's pretty strong for sure.
I did make a change that I got from a content creator (not Swim, but forget the guy's name)... I added a 2nd Deny and reduced Will of Ionia to 2 copies.
Deny is strong against decks that are slotting in Harrowing & Warmother.
Ionia is good vs Hec decks though.
If you don't see much control with harrowing/warmothers than keep the 1 deny imo.

I only have two of the 7 drop so I already added the 2nd Deny and kept 3 Wills. So far so good.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm hardstuck Diamond 2 atm. Hit Diamond 1 a couple times then swiftly fall back.
I've tried a ton of different decks but seeing the most consistency with the Elusive/Zed/Ionia deck I posted above that got me to Diamond to begin with.

I really love the variety in this game. It seems much more varied than Hearthstone meta.

When I try to think of "problem cards", it's really tough justifying nerfs to anything really. Troop of Elnuk is complained about ONLY because it's not fun to play with, or against. The RNG is not suitable for this game.

I think my favorite champion is Karma because of the amount of BS she can output, but definitely can be weak vs Aggro & board floods. Also games are super long.

Aggro decks either draw everything they need, or flop hard.

I think my all-time most BS card though, is Rekindler.
Rekindler is being used in so many decks, not just Hecarim. I've seen it in Ashe, Fiora, and some other decks. I played against an Ashe deck that had 3 Ashe on his side.
Either he needs to not work if you already have the Champ in play, or maybe make it Random instead of Strongest, or up his cost to 8 or something,
OR, make his play-effect a "Slow" effect that can be denied. "If Rekindler is in play, revive your strongest champion that has died this game". This way Direct Removal of Rekindler can deny the effect as well, (Deny, Will of Ionia, Single Combat, Multiple Mystic Shots/Get Excited).
I really hate this card.

Hecarim is still strong but I feel like he's not even that bad if you didn't have to face him 3-4 turns in a row, and in some cases 2 Hecarims at once.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If anyone other than me still plays this, I think MegaMogwai makes the best content so far and makes some pretty good decks on a daily basis. Some flop hard but most can be used with success (>50% winrate).

He started a podcast with 2 other guys and they talk about the game for about 1.5 hrs.
A good listen if you like the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've watched most of that podcast(skipped through a few spot), it's pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to more of that type of content.

I agree with you, he makes the best content. His decks are usually super fun to play...even though some end up not that great. The fact that he tries to make a new deck everyday is great. He has a great personality too.

I haven't played much in last few weeks, I'm waiting for the Mobile client, since I like playing this on a tablet vs my pc...if I'm on the PC I tend to play other stuff.

Card games are just a timer filler for me, which I usually play 1-3 games at work during lunch break, or 1-3 games in bed before falling asleep, or between periods watching hockey etc...

Steamlink feels sluggish a bit to me, and it annoys me.

I do watch Mogwai almost daily even though I'm barely playing.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've watched most of that podcast(skipped through a few spot), it's pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to more of that type of content.

I agree with you, he makes the best content. His decks are usually super fun to play...even though some end up not that great. The fact that he tries to make a new deck everyday is great. He has a great personality too.

I haven't played much in last few weeks, I'm waiting for the Mobile client, since I like playing this on a tablet vs my pc...if I'm on the PC I tend to play other stuff.

Card games are just a timer filler for me, which I usually play 1-3 games at work during lunch break, or 1-3 games in bed before falling asleep, or between periods watching hockey etc...

Steamlink feels sluggish a bit to me, and it annoys me.

I do watch Mogwai almost daily even though I'm barely playing.
RE: Steamlink

I'm using the Galaxy S10 Note and it runs super smooth but i do notice it can start lagging for no reason, the connection meter goes red. Restarting the phone usually fixes it. I am guessing there's a memory leak or something. Maybe this effects other phones quicker? Also no idea how it runs on Apple, could be worse. But I'm playing this game about 95% of the time on my phone. I get in maybe 2-3 matches on my PC per day. Without steamlink I'd probably still be Silver ranked lol.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I still play but the podcast is right, the game is not catching on as well as I'd like. Hopefully mobile updates will bring in more people. The podcast was really good because Merchant had some good points that weren't very positive. It really isn't hard to build a collection though. I have most of the champions and I've played about 6 weeks for about 1 hour a day, sometimes 2. Mogwai is the best content creator for this game.

I don't play a lot but still enjoy it. It's a better made game than any other CCG I've played. MtG has history and a built in community but that archaic mana system is so terrible. I still play it very casually because of time and effort invested. This is what Blizzard does so well and how they keep people playing terrible time-sinks.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Mobile version has been released in Singapore and someone put the .apk on Drive. If you use an Android you can DL it and play now. It allows you to play in your home region still.

People on Reddit claim you won't get banned but no official word from Riot on it.
Use at your own risk.

Reddit source:

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not an Android user, but hopefully that means they will release the mobile version soon.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Patch notes:

Not going to copy-paste due to length, they are hitting up a LOT of the problem cards, changes really look good overall and I'm actually excited to see what type of Mageseeker decks arise. There is going to be a delicate balance between how many 6 cost spells vs units you'll need, of course Lux will also feature prominently in these decks. Which is kinda ironic lore-wise.

Hecarim is easier to kill and his riders do 1 less damage and Rekindler is 1 more mana. Nice changes... He's still going to be really good (I think).....
Shadow Isle in general is seeing some big nerfs which is going to hurt, but since it's 1 of the more dominant regions, I'm happy to see it.
Black Spear & Mark of the Isles both get nerfed, but should still be very playable.

Kalista decks could become a thing. Her new effect sounds fun.

Troop of Elnuks is hard-hit imo, you probably won't see it anymore unless it's built around. Happy to see it honestly. I hit so many 0 summon Troops yesterday, that card was win or lose on turn 5.

There are still plenty of strong decks that are untouched:
Heimer, Ezreal, Karma, Spiders, Noxus-Aggro (other than Crowd Favorite getting a slight nerf).

We probably won't lose too many meta decks and will gain some new ones.

Overall, a LOT of changes, but imo the meta just gets better.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished reading the patch notes and the state of beta that was linked in the notes, I missed it somehow.

I must Riot continues to impress ME with LoR, I really like their design philosophy. I like the frequency of balance and the extent of those changes.

I feel so far, most of their changes have not resulted in something becoming totally unplayable and have generally ended up in positive change to the game.

The state of beta was a really good read. Lots of insight in the way they think.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Ironically, I finished grinding up all the region rewards, went to make a cool deck and found I lacked any enthusiasm to make one.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Homebrew Mageseeker / Lux / Heimer deck that took me from D4 to D2 today.
There's another Lux/Heimer deck floating around that is a bit different (has all the Mageseeker cards and full set of Unstable Contraptions) but mine has been working so keeping with it:

CEBAKAIECANSWNBYAYAQAFYYDIQSQKQCAEAQADYCAECB6MIBAEAQABY

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Here's the other Heimer/Lux deck:

I've beaten the deck 2 of 3 times using my version.

Differences:
I have the 2 & 3 cost Mageseekers, Judgement, Progress Day, 1 cost guy that generates a spell, and the 5/5 unit that gains lifesteal/tough.
I don't have the Prismatic Barrier, Succession, Back to Back, Unlicensed Innovation, 4 cost Mageseeker

IMO the 2 & 3 cost Mageseekers are among the strongest, high stats and you basically generate multiple Detains for free.
4/3 + Challenge on a 2 cost is insane.
Even if they aren't "activated", they are good early game fodder to avoid being run over by aggro decks
The Judgement is clutch against swarms and Progress Day is insane since it's a burst that can activate everything, whereas against slower mid/control Ionia decks, they might Deny your remembrance and slow down your Mageseekers.

Personally, no reason to go Mageseeker if you aren't running the 2 & 3 drops imo.

I'm 10-2 with my deck yesterday and am hoping to hit Masters with it.
The main weakness will obviously be protection for your champions, since no Barrier or Back to Back.
But this is countered by the fact you generate so many resources for free. So even if Heimer or Lux is insta-killed, hopefully you gained some advantage with them first. Against slower decks you need to drop them later to ensure value.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Here's the other Heimer/Lux deck:

I've beaten the deck 2 of 3 times using my version.

Differences:
I have the 2 & 3 cost Mageseekers, Judgement, Progress Day, 1 cost guy that generates a spell, and the 5/5 unit that gains lifesteal/tough.
I don't have the Prismatic Barrier, Succession, Back to Back, Unlicensed Innovation, 4 cost Mageseeker

IMO the 2 & 3 cost Mageseekers are among the strongest, high stats and you basically generate multiple Detains for free.
4/3 + Challenge on a 2 cost is insane.
Even if they aren't "activated", they are good early game fodder to avoid being run over by aggro decks
The Judgement is clutch against swarms and Progress Day is insane since it's a burst that can activate everything, whereas against slower mid/control Ionia decks, they might Deny your remembrance and slow down your Mageseekers.

Personally, no reason to go Mageseeker if you aren't running the 2 & 3 drops imo.

I'm 10-2 with my deck yesterday and am hoping to hit Masters with it.
The main weakness will obviously be protection for your champions, since no Barrier or Back to Back.
But this is countered by the fact you generate so many resources for free. So even if Heimer or Lux is insta-killed, hopefully you gained some advantage with them first. Against slower decks you need to drop them later to ensure value.

I like your deck better overall but I don't think the 1 cost Mageseeker is worth missing the possibility of Unlicensed Innovation/Remembrance on Turn 3 and have those 6 instead of the 1 cost seeker. Chempunk and the 2 cost seeker are worth missing that play though, at least to me. I can't imagine playing Heimer without a couple Progress Day in the deck.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Woohoo!
MASTERS

Using the home brew mageseeker deck I posted.

Hardest matchups were infinite Anivia decks and also super aggro decks if they draw the nuts. Aggro is probably 50/50, maybe 40/60. Really need to hard mull for the early drops and spells, sometimes it still doesn't matter.

Infinite Anivia is probably a 10/90 match. I don't know how to win unless they draw nothing...

Screenshot_20200320-191958.jpg

Final boss was a 500 something master rank playing zed / teemo aggro/ elusive. I judgment on turn 5 and he insta concede lol.

Longest game was earlier today, got down to 5 cards left in deck, karma/ elusive deck with infinite Karma, killed his karma 7x and detained 1x, eventually I won.. that was exhausting.

Time to chill and play whatever now :D

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users