Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

The wait is finally over: LoR officially launches on PC and Mobile April 30!

We’ve compiled the details below in an FAQ for you, but here are a few things everyone should know right up front:

No content wipe—you’ll keep everything you’ve earned or purchased so far!
Cross-platform play and accounts—play and earn rewards on both mobile or PC.
Beta Season will end and a new Ranked season will begin—see below for more details.
And most exciting of all: LoR will launch with a brand new set of 120+ cards, including a new region!

Card and champion reveals will begin soon and continue through launch—make sure to subscribe to the LoR social channels to see them as soon as they’re revealed!

YOUTUBE: Legends of Runeterra
TWITCH: Twitch
INSTAGRAM: Legends of Runeterra (@legendsofruneterra) • Instagram photos and videos
TWITTER: Legends of Runeterra (@PlayRuneterra) | Twitter
FACEBOOK: Legends of Runeterra
Read on for more details about what you can expect from the launch and beyond.

More cards coming!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn cool, mobile at last. I didn’t expect them to launch with a new region this fast. This is pretty cool.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The video is so cool. Love the style. Darius and Zed look amazing. The huge tiger is not what I expected, I never looked at that card art closely to notice it was so big.

Seemed like it was noxus/p&z/demacia vs ionia/shadow isles. I didn't notice any freljord units. I am assuming the 2 kids are p&z, maybe they are noxus and it was nox/demacia vs ionia/si?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So for a bit of speculation :)

There's 318 cards right now in the game. 53 per region, with 4 champions each.

They said there's 120+ cards in the new set. Presuming they want to keep the number equal in each region and there's a new region. That probably means 123 new cards, to put each region at 63 cards each.

So 63 cards in the new region, and 10 new cards for the existing regions.

I would say probably 1 new champion for the existing regions and 9 regular cards. New region will launch with 5 champions.

For the existing regions, I'm curious how the new champion and the new will fit in, will it bring a gameplay style to the region or will it just slot in with what's there already, or somewhere in between.

I'm also curious what type of new mechanic the new region will bring, will there be new "keywords" introduced, and will these new keywords be found in the new cards for the existing region to bring some synergy to the new region.

It's kind of exciting really because it's the first time they introduce a new set, and everything is possible. :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The video is so cool. Love the style. Darius and Zed look amazing. The huge tiger is not what I expected, I never looked at that card art closely to notice it was so big.

Seemed like it was noxus/p&z/demacia vs ionia/shadow isles. I didn't notice any freljord units. I am assuming the 2 kids are p&z, maybe they are noxus and it was nox/demacia vs ionia/si?

Yeah I love the video, I'd definitely would watch an animated show about Runeterra in that art style.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If you see one of Quinn’s rangers, the rest aren’t far behind. Legends of Runeterra on Twitter

Seems interesting. Strong effect, but seems like it might be fairly balanced. Could even be considered weak. Getting the rally means only attacking with scout units, so a naked Quinn would be quite vulnerable and you're susceptible to draw RNG to get more scouts. The units lack health but challenge is nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Quinn’s reveal video.

The cards revealed with Quinn.

95E1383E-1FB3-4521-B47C-26A0D0D17D8D.jpeg

F1C32B8A-1424-4DD0-8076-BC075DBB12B0.jpeg

9B50A113-FBD8-4153-85ED-DA73EADE2361.jpeg

34B28145-8ABD-4DAF-92CB-CE53DA357DC4.jpeg

E2141934-795C-4810-BD8F-B3162E9FB5C9.jpeg

F96324E0-F6F6-4F44-B44D-E3449C5DADB4.jpeg

B6DC1A8C-1F0C-4F8E-B43B-193EC781631B.jpeg

90E19899-D88A-41B5-A477-798AEEDAF269.jpeg

Scout: The first time only your Scout units attack each round, you will get attack token back.

It’s an interesting mechanic, it looks more powerful than it might end up being. It‘s a conditional rally where only scout can attack on the first wave. It feels like a win more strategy, if you have board advantage it’s very strong, if equal or behind if feels a lot weaker. It will be fun to see in play.

As for individual cards, hard to say because we don’t have all the cards yet and we don’t know if other scouts card exist, also hard to evaluate the cars without knowing how good the scout keyword truly is.

Quinn, I think she pretty good, her stat line is weak, but when taken into account Valor which is a 2/1 challenger. It’s pretty good, spreading stats over 2 units is usually pretty good. Her level up condition is fairly easy to achieve if you can keep her alive. Once levelled up she’s pretty good with a free 2/1 challenger each turn.

Valor, 2/1 challenger scout summon by Quinn or Blinding Assault. Not much to say about it, it’s good for what it is.

Blinding Assault, again not much to say, it’s summon Valor which is a good card for what it is. It is also Quinn’s spell when she is already in play.

Grizzled Badger., this is an excellent card in my opinion which might see play outside of scouts oriented deck because of his Last Breath effect which summons a Loyal Badgerbear. So you get a 4/1 which when it dies summons a 4/4 all for 4 mana. That’s really good.

Loyal Badgerbear, that card is pretty strong 4/4 for 3 mana is unseen in the game right now and will survive most attack against any 3 cost card in the game except maybe 2 or 3.

Greenfang Warden doesn‘t impress much. Base stats are too weak in my opinion.

Greathorn Companion fairly generic card, again not that impressive. It’s interest to note that at 5 mana, it can be summoned by Remembrance.

All in all, interesting first reveal. A new keyword that looks interesting and a few nice cards.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Sej looks strong but that level up seems like it'll never happen.
Actually, if she doesn't need to be on board when nexus takes damage, I guess it'll happen every game

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Sejuani’s reveal video.

The cars revealed with Sejuani.

939F4460-A99F-4272-A95A-CF88FF12840B.jpeg

5DC0479E-D636-4B62-BF6A-2FFA69D3901A.jpeg

D3954AD4-C6CF-4D0E-858E-10101485E0FE.jpeg

A426ED4C-B27F-492C-93BE-AC53129C00EA.jpeg

944831E5-92A5-4F23-94DD-5C2294D209E2.jpeg

D42FAC43-B319-470E-8008-F3EB4D1F7251.jpeg

Vulnerable, allows any of your unit to challenge the vulnerable unit. This is really powerful effect, you can either use it to get a favorable trade, or force a strong unit to block a weak one to protect your more important units. Really good.

Sejuani, man what an interest champion. She‘s very strong, but also very slow and kinda hard to level up, you’ll need to be able to damage the enemy nexus during your defensive turn a few times to really take advantage of her. That said, she can be levelled without being in play, so she can come into play already levelled which can be very strong. Also even if you don’t level her, she has pretty good value if summoned in your attack phase since by making a unit vulnerable and frostbite it almost guarantees a removal when you attack. In her levelled up form, she has an insane ability to frostbite everything if you do damage to the nexus, most often going to happen with a overwhelmed attacker in the first slot to the left doing at least 1 damage with overwhelm to the nexus triggering Sejuani. At the end of the day though she might be too slow. It will depend on the meta.

Fury of the North, I think that’s a pretty good buff. It’s also I think going to be Sejuani’s spell.

Ruthless Raider, this feel like a great 2 mana cost card, 3/1 stat line is pretty good and with the tough keyword that means he won’t be remove by Vile Feast, or any 1 damage blocker.

Ember Maide, goodbye spiders is what she is. Very strong card that can enable a lot of stuff. Can trigger Sejuani a the beginning of a round in late game, might work well with Vladimir and the crimsons cards.

Stromclaw Ursine, this is a token, not a card as can be seen by its lack of a rarity icon. It’s a ver strong card, but we don’t know how it is summoned so hard to really judge.

Once again, an interesting reveal. I’m wondering if we’re going to see a new keyword for each faction.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The 2 drop seems like an aggro card.
Maybe the 3 drop too, has synergy with the 2 drop in that it's effect doesn't kill it.

For mid range they are decent but maybe too slow or not impactful enough. They definitely seem made for a crimson/vlad deck

Sej, seems good with p&z in general. Ezreal/sej decks maybe? Mushrooms don't count toward her level up thankfully.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ember Maiden is a pretty sweet counter to spiders and other cheap swarm strategies. It also does a pretty good job against the early elusives.

I love the leaked changes to Yasuo, etc but think Yasuo will probably be too strong with an additional health added in. Very little can kill a 4/4 Yasuo especially with quick strike.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Thermo still kills him, we'll see. I just played some lor and the new meta decks are pretty strong. Biggest problem i have with yasuo decks seems to be drawing him. I played a yasuo deck today and didn't draw him in 4 games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Maokai is crazy , also 3 Followers.

This type of deck, leaning on Hearthstone experience, seems to counter most other Control decks.
Seems tailor-made for some sort of Ephemeral deck or Undying deck, to rack up deaths, and supplement with all the "Toss" cards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The new cards with Maokia and initial Impression.

Maokai.jpg

MaokaiLevelUp.jpg

Sapling.jpg

SapMagic.jpg

ThornyToad.jpg

DeadbloomWanderer.jpg

OvergrownSnapvine.jpg

Toss: Oblirate X amount of non-champion cards from the bottom of your deck.

So a mill mechanic which seems to be self only so far. No cards revealed so far has "opponent toss x cards", from the wording on the cards so far I expect this to only be self and never opponent. I hope it is this way because I find mill decks to be one of the worse archetype in CCG.

So Maokai himself, very weak stats line at 1/4 for 4 mana, it's effect is interesting every time you summon an ally you toss 2 and summon a Sapling which is ephemeral so that's 3 times the effect required each round to level him up. It's an interesting concept overall...first you mill yourself until Maokai levels then you mill your opponent deck down to 4 non champion cards. You win 4 turns later if you survive as in LOR you die if you cannot draw. So there's a huge risk to yourself as you can mill yourself before you can level up Maokai. It's definitely interesting.

Sapling, it's a token summon by Maokai, it's really good for a Maokai deck. 2/1 ephemeral challenger in a deck where you want your units to die, it's just a great card.

Sap Magic, first question everyone has is does it heal your nexus. It's value is greatly affected by that. It's probably pretty good if it does, and probably bad if it doesn't. It definitely scales in value the more allies it heals. Might be dangerous to play in late game when you might it since you might not want to mill 3 cards if your deck is already low in cards.

Thorny Toad. it will most likely be played in all Maokai decks as it's decent for that, but not in anything else.

Deadbloom Wanderer, like the Thorny Toad it will most likely be played in Maokai decks where it's decent but not anywhere else.

Overgrown Snapvine. unlike the other 2. This might see play outside of Maokai decks. I'm not sure if it's going to be good, it could end up being a meme card. It's an interesting mechanic though, remains to be seen if it's too costly at 7 mana. I mean if you play an Hapless Aristrocrat which is a 1 mana 1/1 with Last Breath effect of summoning a Spiderling which is also a 1/1...it will die summoning a Overgrown Snapvine and the Spiderling will die and trigger the 2 Snapvines summoning 2 more Overgrown Snapvine. So a board of 1 Overgrown Snapvine could become a board of 4 Overgrown Snapvine for 1 mana, that's pretty nuts. There's also other effect like this where you don't mind a card dying. It sucks if it's on board and you need to play a specific card though as it will simply die so it could potentially prevent you from achieving your goals. It will either be a meme card, or someone will make something crazy with it.

All in all, for me it's probably the least interesting reveal. I'm not a huge fan of milling decks even though this works in an interesting ways. These cards also for the most part seem to have no value outside of Maokai decks which as I just said I'm not a fan off.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The new cards with Maokia and initial Impression.

View attachment 262488
View attachment 262489
View attachment 262490
View attachment 262491
View attachment 262492
View attachment 262493
View attachment 262494

Toss: Oblirate X amount of non-champion cards from the bottom of your deck.

So a mill mechanic which seems to be self only so far. No cards revealed so far has "opponent toss x cards", from the wording on the cards so far I expect this to only be self and never opponent. I hope it is this way because I find mill decks to be one of the worse archetype in CCG.

So Maokai himself, very weak stats line at 1/4 for 4 mana, it's effect is interesting every time you summon an ally you toss 2 and summon a Sapling which is ephemeral so that's 3 times the effect required each round to level him up. It's an interesting concept overall...first you mill yourself until Maokai levels then you mill your opponent deck down to 4 non champion cards. You win 4 turns later if you survive as in LOR you die if you cannot draw. So there's a huge risk to yourself as you can mill yourself before you can level up Maokai. It's definitely interesting.

Sapling, it's a token summon by Maokai, it's really good for a Maokai deck. 2/1 ephemeral challenger in a deck where you want your units to die, it's just a great card.

Sap Magic, first question everyone has is does it heal your nexus. It's value is greatly affected by that. It's probably pretty good if it does, and probably bad if it doesn't. It definitely scales in value the more allies it heals. Might be dangerous to play in late game when you might it since you might not want to mill 3 cards if your deck is already low in cards.

Thorny Toad. it will most likely be played in all Maokai decks as it's decent for that, but not in anything else.

Deadbloom Wanderer, like the Thorny Toad it will most likely be played in Maokai decks where it's decent but not anywhere else.

Overgrown Snapvine. unlike the other 2. This might see play outside of Maokai decks. I'm not sure if it's going to be good, it could end up being a meme card. It's an interesting mechanic though, remains to be seen if it's too costly at 7 mana. I mean if you play an Hapless Aristrocrat which is a 1 mana 1/1 with Last Breath effect of summoning a Spiderling which is also a 1/1...it will die summoning a Overgrown Snapvine and the Spiderling will die and trigger the 2 Snapvines summoning 2 more Overgrown Snapvine. So a board of 1 Overgrown Snapvine could become a board of 4 Overgrown Snapvine for 1 mana, that's pretty nuts. There's also other effect like this where you don't mind a card dying. It sucks if it's on board and you need to play a specific card though as it will simply die so it could potentially prevent you from achieving your goals. It will either be a meme card, or someone will make something crazy with it.

All in all, for me it's probably the least interesting reveal. I'm not a huge fan of milling decks even though this works in an interesting ways. These cards also for the most part seem to have no value outside of Maokai decks which as I just said I'm not a fan off.

Mill decks can definitely be frustrating but I also love playing them. I loved playing the HS legendary that destroyed the enemy deck. The key with everything is how consistent/ safe will it be? These decks tend to be slow and you're juggling condition- meeting cards with survival, because clearly the longer you can survive, the better chance you have.

His win con really isn't much different than enlightened karma or anivia or leveled up ezreal. Imo this is much different than mill since you're not forcing the opponent to burn anything till the end, its a smart design, exactly like the HS legend. And the opponent will have plenty of turns to pull off their win-con without having their deck fiddled with.
Unlike actual mill where you watch cards burn and even some cases are pulled out of your hand.

I'll definitely try building around him.
I'd be focused on dying units. I see potential, like you mentioned, with Snapvine but unfortunately it's 7 mana. Combo with the card that summons 3 ephemeral 1/1s for a full board probably. Depending how the timing resolves, then if opponent can board wipe that's like 9 deaths from 2 cards.

But it's slow and these units have really weak stats. I really don't want to put any in, and I don't really ever want to play a 1/4 maokai, but maybe you do and save the 3rd copy for the finale, just to bait removal.

It's going to be interesting for sure. Too much stuff I want to add in and won't have enough room for it all.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Swain reveal video.

The new cards revealed.

BA9E5ED8-34F0-47FC-AA9E-19F529D58A21.jpeg

1BFCDC5D-7F9A-4208-8257-A09C8DD1DF16.jpeg

DD2AAA96-AC3A-4704-87FA-F077252D1A74.jpeg

7A83FFBE-03CE-4DF7-884E-E8623F681F29.jpeg

598D77C8-82ED-48D1-89B3-0105174DE6AE.jpeg

B0930670-25C1-49DD-869F-259C38E6481B.jpeg

090B75AF-39AE-4D90-82E7-8DD06DCDFD1D.jpeg

Swain looks like an fun champion. Decent stat line, fearsome with 3 damage on nexus strike. Interesting level up mechanic, and pretty strong effect when levelled up. It looks like he’ll sinergize with Yatsuo, maybe with crimson cards who rely on non combat damage. I don’t know how strong he will be but looks fun, and my type of champion. Like him a lot.

Noxian Fervor I believe is his spell. In any case it looks like a good card. Deal 3 to one of your unit to deal 3 to anything can work well with a lot of decks...obviously to trigger Last Breath effects. It’s highly counterable as you can remove the target unit to prevent the damage anything part. It’s half of Swain requirement to level up too.

Ravenous Flock is great 4 damage for 1 mana with a fairly flexible requirement.

Imperial Demolitionist is a great card too. Good statline for a 2 drop with a good effect, which can be countered though. Will work great with crimson cards and Swain.

Citybreaker doesn‘t impress me much, seems costly for the stat and effect. The slow aspect of it is that it does nothing the turn it’s played on. It’s effect is at start of turn so will be on next turn, and with zero attack it won’t attack either so almost a dead play on turn 4.

The Leviathan is a great card all around. Draw Swain, overwhelm big body that’s hard to remove does damage 3 damage to nexus each round that will trigger Swain stun 3 times. That said it’s a very slow card. If Swain is on the board it’s sets up a very powerful next turn as it will cause the 3 strongest card to be stunned. If Swain not on board, you play Swain next turn, and the turn after that you get the combo very slow. Still a good card without combo though.

All in all, strong cards for Noxius who needed it. I like Swain and looking forward to playing him.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They definitely thought outside the box with this one, he's a bit all over the place. First impression is the whole set is weak. If he has a decent deck I'll be surprised. The 2 mana card seems the best in Draven/ jinx decks or crimson.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
VI reveal video

The new cards revealed.

VI.jpg

VILevelUp.jpg

VaultBreaker.jpg

Gotcha.jpg

VeteranInvestigator.jpg

InsightfulInvestigator.jpg

PatrolWardens.jpg

Vi, she looks pretty strong 5 health with tough is pretty resilient and will be hard to remove, with challenger she will decide who blocks her helping her survive. I think she will be fairly easy to level up because of that. Once levelled up she's strong with 5 damage to nexus when she attacks. She seems pretty straightforward, but not super interesting to me.

Vault Breaker, it looks like a fairly bad card to me. It's a high cost for it's effect. It might have some potential in very late game with a lot of mana and being able to cast a few of them, but if you can only cast it once it's terrible.

Gotcha!, really good when you cast it the turn you draw it, not great otherwise. Not sure how much play it will see, as it will force your hand a bit to play it when you draw it.

Veteran Investigator, interesting card, good statline for a 2 drop with a draw effect, drawback is that your opponent also draws a card(only card that makes opponent draw). Might see play in a Teemo deck as making your opponent draw Puffcaps might be good. You'd have to have a deck where you think drawing is more beneficial to you than your opponent. Probably will see limited play.

Insightful Investigator, interesting concept. Poor statline, but could be a great draw engine in a deck with a lot of 2 drops. The drawback is that you draw a Fleeting version of the card, so if you can't play it this turn you lose it. It could be very risky, especially if you draw a 2 mana card since playing it will make you draw another fleeting card. I'm not so good at theory crafting to see how to build around this yet.

Patrol Warden, like a lot of the other card in this reveal, a card that has different value depending on how you play it. Unlike the other, I feel this is fairly good even if you don't meet the condition. A 4/3 for 3 is a pretty decent card, at 2 mana it's great.

Riot is really trying to come up with different ideas for cards, so I can appreciate that...this reveal leaves me with a lot of questions as how some of these will be used effectively. Vi could be really deadly though.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Re: Swain.
After looking at him more, he seems good. The level up seems kinda easy, I was thinking in a freljord deck with avalanche and self hurt dudes, maybe sprinkle in crimson and braum.
He might work for yasuo, but I think the setup is too extreme to work out consistently.

VI seems good, might replace Garen in a fiora deck

Vault breaker seems good in heimer decks

Gotcha probably outclassed by Get Excited, hard to justify adding it, especially if it can't go face.

Vet Investigator adds mill potential, possibly with counterfeit copies. Won't be consistent and doesn't seem to fit with maokai. However it can also work against control decks that hover around 9 cards often.

Insightful investigator seems playable if there's enough support. I believe it's only fleeting in hand, if played then she sticks, just don't want to draw before 4 mana. It's a draw engine, might not be useful right now but could maybe make a fun deck utilizing veteran investigator to have a mill finisher, after loading your deck with copies.

Patrol warden seems really good especially for aggro. Also works with the insightful investigator draw engine