<Bronze Donator>
Lee Sin looks really fun.
Also comes with a slew of new spells, and some minions

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Lee Sin: Looks fun, 6 mana is a bit expensive. Can't trade with anything right away. You need 3 spell mana to allow Challenge/Barrier the turn he's played.

The Level Up doesn't require him to be on board, so it's easy in a lot of decks: Ezreal, Heimer, Karma
Also his new Spell Support package make it easier.

Level'd up he's a finisher. Challenge a unit to deal damage to that unit + the nexus. Probably good with Ezreal for that extra threat, like Ez really needs it lol.

Dragon's Rage is a Slow spell and can be denied or burst/fast cards can react after it. It's not a spell you'll likely ever include on its own. Would be funny to include in a "She Who Wanders" deck or something. Also allows some significant Nexus Damage when you don't have attack token. But it's expensive. I could see it tried in lieu of Atrocity. However Atrocity has an advantage being a Fast spell. But for decks that don't want to run SI, it could be a possibility.

Claws of the Dragon: seems weak, even if you do get it for free. Weak stats. Useful for a flood/aggro deck, or a deck with a lot of buffs. It does allow you to "play a minion" during an opponent's "open attack" to act as a blocker. Similarly to Flame Chompers. Definitely an aggro card.

Sonic Wave: Strong card, very good. Get 2 spells for 3 mana that can be split between 2 allies. Should be auto-include with Lee Sin.

Retreat: Also really powerful, another 2 spells for 3 mana. Can be useful for a huge variety of situations. Help's level up Yasuo, but can also use it for example, on a Zed, Katarina, Ezreal, Draven, Fiora... etc... if they are about to be killed, "retreat" them, then "return" them for only 1 mana after the turn has played out. Should be super annoying when you're trying to kill off a critical 3-mana champion.

Concussive Palm is super interesting and seems designed to work with Retreat. 4 mana Stun that turns into a unit. So as a defender during an Open Attack you can spend 4 mana to stop 2 units. stun 1 + block another with the Tail of the Dragon. Could be decent. I don't know how valuable the Recall effect is on Tail of the Dragon honestly. Do I really want another 4 mana stun? If you use him to block, it's unlikely he lives, but you can Ghost block with him if your mission is to delay the attacks. Definitely seems useful in Yasuo decks. But probably not effective enough & not enough space to slot him in.

Scales of the Dragon: For 5 mana you're getting 4/5 in stats. The resulting buff card grants a permanent 0/3. Better than a 4/5 unit since the 2nd card is a spell which has inherent benefits (can utilize spell mana, works with Ez, heimer, karma, lee sin). It's not fleeting. Can be useful for sure.

Conclusion: Ionia is a really annoying region and imo this makes it more so. Elusives, Will of Ionia, Deny, Yasuo, Zed, Karma and now Lee Sin. I think I hate Ionia much more after looking at these cards, but of course I'll have a lot of fun playing it. I don't even know if you want Lee Sin in a mainly Ionia deck, I think he's better with P&Z or Noxus (aggro/nexus damage regions). But the supporting cast can really shine in Zed/Karma/Elusive/Yasuo decks.

Last edited:

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Oki, stupid question. I never played League of Legends, I just watched ~This is war~ songs from Falconshield on youtube. There are the same names as here: Demacia, Piltover, Zaun, etc... Is the game world from League of Legends the same as the one from RuneTerra ?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oki, stupid question. I never played League of Legends, I just watched ~This is war~ songs from Falconshield on youtube. There are the same names as here: Demacia, Piltover, Zaun, etc... Is the game world from League of Legends the same as the one from RuneTerra ?

Yes. Same universe.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Lee Sin looks really fun.
Also comes with a slew of new spells, and some minions

First impression.

Lee Sin, as with so many cards revealed in last few weeks, it looks fun. He's probably going to come in play levelled up most of the time as his level up condition is very easy to achieve. He's fairly slow, and will not have immediate impact the turn he is played. I agree, he's going to be a finisher. I totally see him in a Ezreal deck without actually making much change except make room for him.

Dragon's Rage probably won't see any play, expensive slow spell that can be denied, ally or enemy can be removed, so many ways to counter this.

Claws of the Dragon I think is pretty strong. A 3/2 statline for 2 is pretty standard, the value is obviously for it to come in play for "free" if you play 2 spells which is great value, it's real value is obviously being able to come into at burst speed.

Sonic Wave, good card, 2 effect for 3 mana. Nothing great on their own, but the potential for a lot of plays. Obviously synergize with Lee Sin but also Claws of the Dragon.

Retreat/Return, I agree that it's a powerful card, lots of interesting possibilities. Again the strength is being able to summon a unit at fast/burst speed which makes the card so strong.

Concussive Palm is a pretty interesting card, stun and summon a unit, that alone is pretty strong, that unit having a recall effect that bring this back is a bonus. Not sure how useful that will be though.

Tail of the Dragon, it's pretty underwhelming in my opinion. It's great when summoned from Concussive Palm but I'm not sure I'd want it in a deck otherwise.

Scale of the Dragon, continues the theme of creating a card when played which is usually valuable. Dragon's Protection isn't that great because it's slow though, but being a spell does synergize with a lot of decks. Really underwhelming stats on its own though. Might see play in spell oriented decks for the spell it creates more than the unit itself.

Overall, I think a very interesting set of cards, fits the Iona theme really well.

Next release will see the new region, can't wait to see what it's store. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
First impression.

Lee Sin, as with so many cards revealed in last few weeks, it looks fun. He's probably going to come in play levelled up most of the time as his level up condition is very easy to achieve. He's fairly slow, and will not have immediate impact the turn he is played. I agree, he's going to be a finisher. I totally see him in a Ezreal deck without actually making much change except make room for him.

Dragon's Rage probably won't see any play, expensive slow spell that can be denied, ally or enemy can be removed, so many ways to counter this.

Claws of the Dragon I think is pretty strong. A 3/2 statline for 2 is pretty standard, the value is obviously for it to come in play for "free" if you play 2 spells which is great value, it's real value is obviously being able to come into at burst speed.

Sonic Wave, good card, 2 effect for 3 mana. Nothing great on their own, but the potential for a lot of plays. Obviously synergize with Lee Sin but also Claws of the Dragon.

Retreat/Return, I agree that it's a powerful card, lots of interesting possibilities. Again the strength is being able to summon a unit at fast/burst speed which makes the card so strong.

Concussive Palm is a pretty interesting card, stun and summon a unit, that alone is pretty strong, that unit having a recall effect that bring this back is a bonus. Not sure how useful that will be though.

Tail of the Dragon, it's pretty underwhelming in my opinion. It's great when summoned from Concussive Palm but I'm not sure I'd want it in a deck otherwise.

Scale of the Dragon, continues the theme of creating a card when played which is usually valuable. Dragon's Protection isn't that great because it's slow though, but being a spell does synergize with a lot of decks. Really underwhelming stats on its own though. Might see play in spell oriented decks for the spell it creates more than the unit itself.

Overall, I think a very interesting set of cards, fits the Iona theme really well.

Next release will see the new region, can't wait to see what it's store. :)
I think I counted 35 cards revealed, which means there should be like 100 more. 60 something for the new region and like 4-5 more for each region

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I know they're officially launching on April 30th but does that mean any sort of wipe or is it cool to start playing now?

Also WTF are wildcards? I got some from Twitch Prime and I have no idea what they do in my account.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I know they're officially launching on April 30th but does that mean any sort of wipe or is it cool to start playing now?

Also WTF are wildcards? I got some from Twitch Prime and I have no idea what they do in my account.

They aren't wiping anything.
Wildcards allow you to craft a card of that rarity of your choosing.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Oh shit really? I thought it was like Hearthstone with Arcane Dust. So its possible to specifically get what you want with those, huh? Do you know if Mobile release also means iPad? I need some shit to play while in meetings. I searched online and it just says iOS but TFT does not work on iPad fullscreen.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
New region reveal...Bilgewater.

New keyword...Plunder.

Plunder.jpg

New cards...

Citrus Courier.jpg

Warning Shot.jpg

Smooth Soloist.jpg

Smooth Soloist.jpg

Jagged Taskmaster.jpg

Ursine Spiritwalker.jpg

Stormclaw Ursine.jpg

The Tuskraider.jpg

Wolfrider.jpg

First impression...

Plunder keyword..pretty interesting mechanic. Can obviously be triggered in many ways, either a unit attacking the nexus, or direct damage to the nexus. So fairly easy requirement.

Citrus Courrier, has the potential to be an awesome card I think. Attack, if you do damage to nexus either...all your unit and your nexus get healed, and you get an another attack. Can work on defense too, direct damage to nexus to heal your unit who just defended and then attack. Has great potential I think.

Warning Shot, I think is a solid card but limited. Almost auto-included in Plunder based decks to trigger the keyword.

Smooth Soloist, hard to say. It's very slow and pretty bad stat line, but the effect is extremely strong. I'm not sure if it's just going to be too slow though. It feels like it could snowball the late game though if you have a large hand. I'm just not sure if the effect will just come too late in the game.

Jagged Taskmaster, pretty decent card I think. +1/0 to allies everywhere is very good, and it will come in early enough in the game to have an impact for the entire game.

Ursine Spiritwalker, great card I think...plunder is easy enough to trrigger, and this is a 4/6 that transform into a 6/6 with overwhelm that grants allies with 5 power overwhelm. It's a 10/12 over 2 bodies for 5 mana. Especially since he can attack or defend, than heal himself by transforming if you trigger it's plunder effect.

The Tuskraider...slow but potentially crazy effect, similar to Smooth Soloist. I think the effect might come too late though, but the possibilities are pretty sick.

Wolfrider, not a bad card, but ramp decks are not a thing in LOR, so not sure how good it will be. Although seeing some of the very slow card with powerful effects just introduced with it, ramp might become a thing. Some of Tuskraider and Smoot Soloist coming a turn or two earlier could be sick. I mean if you do a ramp deck and get let's say 2 extra crystal and get Smooth Soloist reducing the cost of cards by 2, then Tuskraider doubling the heath and power of those reduced cards. You could get some sick turn 5 or 6.

Great reveal, some interesting cards for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

New keyword...Plunder.

View attachment 265081

New cards...

View attachment 265082
View attachment 265083
View attachment 265084
View attachment 265085
View attachment 265086
View attachment 265087
View attachment 265088
View attachment 265089
View attachment 265090

First impression...

Plunder keyword..pretty interesting mechanic. Can obviously be triggered in many ways, either a unit attacking the nexus, or direct damage to the nexus. So fairly easy requirement.

Citrus Courrier, has the potential to be an awesome card I think. Attack, if you do damage to nexus either...all your unit and your nexus get healed, and you get an another attack. Can work on defense too, direct damage to nexus to heal your unit who just defended and then attack. Has great potential I think.

Warning Shot, I think is a solid card but limited. Almost auto-included in Plunder based decks to trigger the keyword.

Smooth Soloist, hard to say. It's very slow and pretty bad stat line, but the effect is extremely strong. I'm not sure if it's just going to be too slow though. It feels like it could snowball the late game though if you have a large hand. I'm just not sure if the effect will just come too late in the game.

Jagged Taskmaster, pretty decent card I think. +1/0 to allies everywhere is very good, and it will come in early enough in the game to have an impact for the entire game.

Ursine Spiritwalker, great card I think...plunder is easy enough to trrigger, and this is a 4/6 that transform into a 6/6 with overwhelm that grants allies with 5 power overwhelm. It's a 10/12 over 2 bodies for 5 mana. Especially since he can attack or defend, than heal himself by transforming if you trigger it's plunder effect.

The Tuskraider...slow but potentially crazy effect, similar to Smooth Soloist. I think the effect might come too late though, but the possibilities are pretty sick.

Wolfrider, not a bad card, but ramp decks are not a thing in LOR, so not sure how good it will be. Although seeing some of the very slow card with powerful effects just introduced with it, ramp might become a thing. Some of Tuskraider and Smoot Soloist coming a turn or two earlier could be sick. I mean if you do a ramp deck and get let's say 2 extra crystal and get Smooth Soloist reducing the cost of cards by 2, then Tuskraider doubling the heath and power of those reduced cards. You could get some sick turn 5 or 6.

Only correction I have is that nothing transforms while in play which means plunder needs work-arounds. For instance, Spiritwalker either comes in as a bad 4/5 for 5 or a 6/6 with abilities for 5. To get plunder creatures to attack immediately, you need spells or earlier effects before combat which can be a negative and slows tempo. Very interesting set though and Runeterra really needed this release. I've been having a blast in MTGA and barely playing this. Been saving up a ton of wild cards so I really like how they've built this game economy.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

New keyword...Plunder.

View attachment 265081

New cards...

View attachment 265082
View attachment 265083
View attachment 265084
View attachment 265085
View attachment 265086
View attachment 265087
View attachment 265088
View attachment 265089
View attachment 265090

First impression...

You are missing a key word in plunder. It only works during playing the card. You need to damage the nexus before playing it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My initial reactions: some really powerful effects with quite a drawback: plunder.

Having to deal nexus damage to utilize the effect will definitely be difficult. The payoffs are quite good though. I see many of these cards as too slow. Most of these cards are going to be played at end-of-turns, assuming you can land damage. Some of the big boys are going to require you saving the 0 cost spell.

In top- deck mode most of these plunder cards are really terrible draws. It's a big liability.

I look forward to seeing Miss Fortune and Gangplank.

Plunder Poro: every region has a poro, this one is fun but I don't think it makes poro build anymore viable. I assume most poro decks wouldn't go Bilgewater still.

Citrus Courier: weak. Inferior to Demacia's Tiana, whom has guaranteed rally and much tougher body.

Warning Shot: it might see decent amount of play. Aggro decks, synergy with any card that relies on spell casts, and of course to guarantee plunder effects. The fact it's free is a big deal. Downside is you can't use it on units.

Smooth Soloist: obviously a build around card. Extremely powerful effect, and elusive. Decks will need good draw potential to utilize the effect to the fullest. Weak to board clears, since it's a very late card, expect Ruination to ruin your fun. This card could enable some game breaking combos. Imagine playing this card multiple times in some fashion. (Keep in mind it'll make future copies of this card cheaper too) Any card that reduces costs of cards can often find ways to be exploited, I'll be watching this one.

Jagged Taskmaster: seems like a great aggro card.

Ursine Spiritwalker: build around, great stats, great effect, hard to pull off in Freljord. A 4/6 isn't the worst for 5 mana. I can see this being played in those 5-atk focused decks for sure.

The Tuskraider: Looks like a win-more card, hard to get the effect. Looks fun though, I gotta believe it'll be tried with some big statted overwhelm units. OR you could focus on a bunch of weenies to get through early game then drop this bomb to transition into late game.. I'll try building around it for sure.

Wolfrider: ramp can be good, especially with a body attached. More ramp support for Freljord makes ramp decks more consistent. Seems good but question is how to trigger it with Freljord.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ah my bad about plunder, missed the when played. Changes my opinion on the mechanic. It’s far more restrictive. Still pretty good I think.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Fizz reveal video.

Fizz.jpg

FizzLevelledUp.jpg

Chum the Water.jpg

Longtooth.jpg

Playful Trickster.jpg

Shellshocker.jpg

Coral Creatures.jpg

Bubble Bear.jpg

Attune keyword: When I'm summoned refill 1 spell mana. It could be an interesting mechanic depending on the cards obviously. There are some issue with the mechanic though. If you already have 3 spell mana, then Attune gives you nothing so how are the stats allocated on these cards, if the card isn't good if you don't get the mana back, it's probably going to be a bad mechanic. That said there is the possibility for some decent possibility otherwise. I will need to see more cards before making a judgement.

Fizz, he's fairly easy to level up, he can become an untargetteable elusive so could be a bit annoying especially after he is levelled up since he's a card generator when not blocked. I'm not sure how good he'll be.

Chum the Water, that's an actual card, and not just created by Fizz so you can put it in your deck if you want. It's making use of the Vulnerable keyword which is pretty strong, and creating a Longtooth which is just a token and not a card. So for 4 mana, you get a better Gloryseeker, not it's a spell so can synergize with decks that like seeing spell being casted, he can block compared to Gloryseeker and Vulnerable is better than Challenger. As a spell coming from Fizz doing nexus strike, it's pretty good I think. As a card itself, I'm not sure it will see much play.

Playful Trickster, cost 1 more mana than Relentless Pursuit for Rally, and you need to remove an attacking ally which can be a good thing sometimes. I'm not sure though, I will have to think more about it.

Shellshocker, might be interesting. I mean you could play him on turn 1, get 1 spell mana back to cast 1 mana spell also on turn 1...or have a body on board on turn 1 but still float 1 mana for turn 2. I'm not sure how good that will be though. Feels a little weak, but I might be wrong.

Coral Creatures, kinda weak stats, but will create 1 mana spell that could be played right after him since he refills 1 spell mana. There's some decent 1 mana spell in the game that could make him interesting for 1 turn. Like Shellshocker, it feels a little weak, still hard to judge how good Attune will be.

Bubble Bear, would have liked him in the Elusive meta, I think he's just to specialized to be really good.

Overall, I feel this was a week reveal but all cards are all low cost cards, so usually not necessarily the most impactful. It's early cards for Bilgewater so going to be hard to evaluate them until we see more cards from the region. There might be some nice spells that will make the Attune mechanic more interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like these cards could make a nice aggro deck.

Eager apprentice already refills 2 spell mana when summoned, but sees almost no play. Attune might work out since more units have it and you're more guaranteed to be able to gain spell mana.

Overall I think the cards are pretty decent and Fizz is really strong imo. It's going to be hard to remove him, and he strengthens elusive, being 1 mana has a lot of implications, he can be pulled with that allegiance card in Ionia, he can get buffed by yipp, and other 1 mana card synergies.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nautilus reveal

bj6sqmpkn2v41.png

Maokai / Nautilus Deck seems real

Deep: Gain +3/+3 when your deck has 15 or fewer cards... actually hard to achieve without the Toss mechanic, or a ton of Draw. Takes a while to get that low into a deck. Control vs Control can get into that range often but those matchups aren't always common. I don't know why it's a keyword except to add flavor to Nautilus. Which is fine I guess.

Nautilus: becomes a 13/13 with Toughness and Fearsome. A lot of stats that probably won't hit the Nexus too often. However, his main effect "Sea Monster Allies cost 4 less" could be insane. Right now we only see 2 collectible Seamonster cards,

RipTide: Nautilus's spell I assume. For 4 mana this card is fucking crazy stupid powerful ..... if you have a Nautilus in play.... Putting a unit back into an opponent's deck is crazy strong. Seems balanced with how late it'll be before Nautilus is on the board + having mana for this.

Jettison: Toss Cards are too hard to evaluate without trying them all. 1 mana to Toss 4 at Burst speed seems required in these Naut/Mao decks though.

Salvage: I like this card more for the Deep keyword over Jettison, because it still gets you 4 cards deeper into the deck but the draw 2 is nice. However, 4 mana for a do-nothing card is expensive.

The Beast Below: 4 mana 4/4 but with Deep he's a 4 mana 7/7 and with Nautilus he's a 0 mana 7/7. Anyone from HS should know the 4 mana 7/7 meme

Dreg Dredgers: No idea, Toss 3 seems good if you need to Toss a lot. 2/1 is always good on a 1 mana body. Can trade up. Seems ok.

Shipwreck Hoarder: 7 mana 7/5, or 7 mana 10/8 with Deep, or 3 mana 10/8 with Naut+Deep, shuffles 2 Treasures into you Deck, helping you avoid Fatigue death. Seems required in Naut decks.

Treasures: 3 are displayed. All of the Treasures can be Drawn if they are Tossed. Seems plausible to get it via Toss if you play Shipwreck Hoarder as a 7 mana 7/5, just to pump treasures into your deck sooner. Definitely some decision making there with these cards. All of the Treaures are Slow speed. Basically only Deny can stop them. Also keep in mind these are all spells which could theoretically be duplicated with Karma.

Platewyrm Egg (Treasure): Slow speed spell to summon 3 5/5s OR 8/8 during Deep. Not bad for 5 mana.

Treasure Trove (Treasure): Five 0 mana cards & fleeting, prevents you from running out of gas but the cards could literally be anything. High Variance/RNG here. Could end up with some really crazy draws... and bad ones.

Keelbreaker (Treasure): Deal 5 to all units... Probably the worst one since it hurts your own board and doesn't do Nexus damage. Also as a late game card, dealing 5 doesn't guarantee a board wipe. Compared to the other 2 Treasures, this seems weakest. Also the fact it's Slow speed makes it even worse.

Initial Impression: Strong beefy late game set. Interesting mechanics and really lends a lot of Support to Maokai as well. I can easily see a deck here. However with so many expensive cards and waiting for late game, it's going to be really tough to pull off a lot of this. I think it's going to fail early on, like Warmother decks did, but as the months progress someone will figure out the best version and we should see a decent viable deck.

My gut is Aggro/Midrange will be just a bit too fast... also Ezreal seems like a super-strong counter to these toss decks... With Ezreal so strong I can't imagine too many control decks being viable atm. I'm not seeing a lot of "heal" cards in these new sets. I'm sure they exist somewhere.

My favorite card from this release is Shipwreck Hoarder... even without Nautilus or utilizing Deep, I would try just pumping Treasures into my deck. It's a "Summon" effect so if you can respawn him he throws more Treasures into your deck. I love "Treasure" decks (was one of my favorite types from HS). Since Maokai is SI as well, seems perfect to pair up B/SI. My favorite Treasure is going to be Treasure Trove for sure, since getting 5 free Random cards seems like it can lead to some crazy games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Not much to add to Ravishing Ravishing post, I agree with most of his assessment. It looks like very interesting late game cards, it will depend on how the meta is, and other cards to see how a deck with these mechanics and cards could counter an aggro meta.

I'll only comment of Treasure Trove, I hate the card already...this is Hearthstone level of RNG, way too random for my taste. One aspect of LoR I loved is the mostly lack of RNG and this is not a direction I like at all.

I like this reveal a lot more than the Fizz reveal, although after thinking about it more...Fizz looks pretty fun, could be really cancerous if he works out the way I think he could.

I like that Toss is self-mill and doesn't affect the opponent.

Looking forward to more. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I also like the newest reveal and had the same concerns as Ravishing but looking through current cards, SI has by far the best healing in the game. It's almost a forced pairing but the other toss cards are SI so that's where I'll build. SI also has an extremely robust early game so a strong toss deck should be viable fairly soon. I like that Warden 's Prey got another good last breath option. I love hoarder as well but am really interested in Platewyrm Egg. Three 5/5s on turn 5 sounds extremely powerful and that's the weak option. If nothing else, that's a wall that very few cards can counter effectively in the next 2 turns.

It's been a long wait for new cards. I can't wait to dig in.