Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
After a week of not playing, and cooling off from the frustration from some issue with the game. I decided to at least clear the quests.

So played about 15 games or so in Normal to clear my games, didn't encounter Unyielding Spirit...and I think I encountered about 12 different decks altogether which was really awesome, played about 3 different decks to clear the 3 quests I had.

I think just taking time off did some good. I think sometimes we get frustrated by something and keep on playing and tons of other stuff that usually doesn't frustrate us starts to frustrate us and we end up not having fun anymore, and just a little break does wonder. I still want Unyielding Spirit changed though. :)

I'm looking forward to the new modes, even if it's something I may only do for 1-2 hours like Tavern Brawls in HS, it's fun but for a short time, but it is a nice change of pace sometimes. I need to do a my expedition, I think I have 3 tokens.

This meta is just the best though, so many viable stuff right now.

I know you watch Mogwai, maybe you've seen the latest Progress Day? They were praising the meta throughout the entire video:

I think it's a pretty good meta too. It might be silly, but I feel like the only thing I want is more cards.
The meta IS very diverse but I find that most things have been tried. Also I feel like most decks share similar gameplans.
I would like to see even more win-cons, similar to how Deep brought a new style of play into the game.

I still despise Ezreal even though his winrate is less than 50% now.
Unyielding will become a problem card in certain metas for sure.
Sejuani probably needs a slight nerf, I had predicted this a couple weeks ago when all my decks had Sej in them before she really took off in the meta

Overall though, the game is in a good spot.
More game modes, Spectator Mode, & tournaments are very high on my wishlist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I watched that, so far I have found the episodes pretty entertaining and informative.

I think Ezreal probably needs to be like " Nexus Strike: Create a Fleeting Mystic Shot in hand. For the first (2 or 3) spell you cast this turn, deal 2 to the enemy Nexus." and then possibly buff his stat line so he's actually good beside his ability.

He's much less dangerous with the nerf to Karma which ended up having a bigger impact than people thought it would.

Sejuani will be nerfed, not sure if they'll do it the next patch though since she just really started to be played a lot and they might not have enough data, I think she will end up on the watch list. She's has strong stat line, awesome come into play effect, and insane effect when leveled up. For the most part you don't even need her to level up. The vulnerable keyword is extremely powerful.

They've been on point with their balance changes so far, so hopefully they continue like that.

I'm still having fun playing different things, and I'm good for a while still with these cards, that said I can't wait until they start their new card release pace of new cards every 2 months on top of their monthly balance patch it should keep the game fresh and exciting.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's kind of funny, Mogwai made a Twisted Fate/Jinx deck like 2 days ago, faced it twice yesterday in about 8 games in Normal. I think I'll make it, it looks fun as hell to play. It somehow actually manages to level up both Jinx and Twisted fairly easily even though their requirement are kind of opposite, TF is to draw cards while Jinx is to have an empty hand.

That said, I haven't seen Unyielding Spirit since I started playing after 2 weeks off. Well I haven't seen Fiora to be honest, I think the nerf to stand alone killed that deck and it was the one using Unyielding Spirit the most.

I realize I have more fun playing Normal, I get less triggered. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's kind of funny, Mogwai made a Twisted Fate/Jinx deck like 2 days ago, faced it twice yesterday in about 8 games in Normal. I think I'll make it, it looks fun as hell to play. It somehow actually manages to level up both Jinx and Twisted fairly easily even though their requirement are kind of opposite, TF is to draw cards while Jinx is to have an empty hand.

That said, I haven't seen Unyielding Spirit since I started playing after 2 weeks off. Well I haven't seen Fiora to be honest, I think the nerf to stand alone killed that deck and it was the one using Unyielding Spirit the most.

I realize I have more fun playing Normal, I get less triggered. :)

I played that deck a little bit, mainly cause of TF. I believe the focus is Slotbot with Map. It's a fun little deck but definitely tough to play and likely a B-tier deck. The other stuff is just way too strong. A leveled TF wins games though, and that deck can level him pretty fast. But any deck with good removal will shut it down hardcore, also a lot of decks are just faster. I love playing with TF though so I'm game for most TF decks.

I didn't play much over the weekend. I think I'm going to wait till Rank reset before grinding again. 1 week of downtime seems good to not face burnout.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had 2 quest that required activating Plunder, so I played the Sejuani and Miss Fortune deck, after 3 games I haven't drawn a Black Merchant or Pilfered goods yet. None of the 2 quests are complete.

I thought it would be easy to do, but it's 2020, everything sucks. :)

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Good info. No word on Spectator mode, which imo is an important feature.
Cross-Shard challenges is GREAT to hear, opens up the game a lot for competitive especially.

"20+ card balance changes and reworks"
Sounds like a lot of changes. I don't think we've ever had 20+ balance/rework changes, even with Mageseeker which I believe was 1 of the bigger balance updates.
I look forward to seeing what underused cards get reworked.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Notes: Legends of Runeterra

BRAUM looks OP

GENEVIEVE ELMHEART gets a nice buff, I liked her already but at 6 cost it was hard to justify over Cithria.

UNYIELDING change burst --> fast makes it VERY counterable now. Probably won't be seen at all except for meme-dream decks.

BASILISK RIDER could make mono-noxus a thing. 6/4 Overwhelm for 4 mana? Dammmn. Dealing 4 to this is so much harder than 3.

CAPTAIN FARRON got a really nice change. I have tried him before but it always felt bad turning all your cards into Decimates... Now he creates 3 of them. I hate him already!

POROS get some love + with Braum.. might see a competitive Poro deck emerge.

TWE gets a cost nerf, 6 mana to 7 mana. Nice.

REN SHADOWBLADE completely reworked. Nice effect. Gives you a Shadow Fiend when he STRIKES. That's big. His 3/3 stat line isn't great for a 4 mana card. He does have Quick Attack. Tough to say if he can work reliably or if he just comes down a little too late. Even if he blocks a unit he should give you at least 1 Shadow Fiend, might be good.

JAE MADARA loses Elusive, keeps his effect, reduced Stats, and reduced cost. Ugh, maybe I'm missing something but spending 6 mana for a 4/4 still seems bad. To get the draw you need him to be targeted. If you use him as a blocker you are spending 6 for a 4/4 blocker. yuck. HOWEVER, I suppose you can build your deck to target him with YOUR spells that could lead to the dream. Also targeted by other unit's Play Effects should work too.

ESCAPED ABOMINATION gets a health nerf, nice, those dream SI openers have been painful and seem to happen far too often.

HARROWING & MIND MELD get a cost reduction, might not make too much of a difference to their play rate, but ok.

Yoink Cards mainly stay in tact with the main change being "NAB" draws from the bottom instead of the top. And BMM loses 1 health stat.
No cost changes here so the frustration will live on. I do not believe these changes go far enough to alleviate the frustration. Everyone was clamoring for "draw from bottom" and now they got it. Which just makes these decks stronger as they don't assist you to getting your Champion cards... but hey, maybe Freljord will just swarm the meta and push out Yoink, since the change only benefits Freljord.

I was expecting Pilfered to be at least 3 cost. And I wanted Stolen cards to be visible to all.
BMM nerf is good though, but I don't think it'll change his play rate... maybe I'm wrong.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Bilgewater mirrors will be even more swingy now depending on who has Make it Rain.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Bilgewater mirrors will be even more swingy now depending on who has Make it Rain.

The 1 health still doesn't matter imo since you still get to combo with pilfered before it dies. Nonsensical change really.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Most of the changes were good but they are either misunderstanding the problem with Yoink cards or just don't think it's a problem. I agree that BMM going to 1 health is a slight nerf but the main problem with him is the reduced cost of the stolen card. Not only does it hurt the opponent but they can't play around the stolen card well. I've had games where I tried to plan for an opponent's response and got blown out by my own reduced cost spell. In all CCGs reduced cost spells always end up being a problem.

Pilfered is a broken card. Nothing else draws two cards for two mana. They nerfed Deep Meditation for drawing 2 for 2. You get to disrupt the other player, you no longer increase their odds to find a champion, there are no drawbacks beyond mana cost which is a piddly cost in this game specifically.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is one benefit to the change of drawing from the bottom. Now your Buffed stat creatures no longer get stolen.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like the change in general.

Black Merchant needs to be "Plunder: Draw 1 card from the enemy deck and reduce it's cost by 1". So the reduce cost is only for the card he draws. Having it reduce the cost of other "Nab" cards will cause issues in the future if they want to introduce more "Nab" cards, as having cards discounted is huge.

Pilfered Goods should probably be 3 mana.

The other change I would like is to reveal the cards that are stolen, so you have an idea of how it impacts your strategy going forward knowing you're missing some specific cards. It would also reduce the impact of having those cards stolen since you see them in your opponent's hand and can play around them, essentially lessening their impact.

Game is generally in a great place though, so these are minor issues at this point.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried the Gauntlet out. Went 7 straight wins using Teemo/Sejuani. One of my favorite decks to be sure and perhaps the strongest Teemo deck built, up to this point. At least this time you get something original for winning all out.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to change the way the Avatar works. You should get an Avatar that represents your character and then you should have symbols below the Avatar that represent achievements. It would be like Medals won. Having the Avatar and the achievement icons be the same thing is surprisingly stupid on their part.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They need to change the way the Avatar works. You should get an Avatar that represents your character and then you should have symbols below the Avatar that represent achievements. It would be like Medals won. Having the Avatar and the achievement icons be the same thing is surprisingly stupid on their part.

Yea that would be nice. They kinda do the same in LoL. They don't value customizing Player icons and they are rewarded for so much stuff they hold no value. I know HS doesn't even have an icon though, so I guess it's something 😅

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I stole this deck from someone else on Reddit and got a 7-0 in the singleton gauntlet.

It did take me a few tries.. i went 5-2, and 6-2 before the 7-0.

CEAAAAYCAICQQCQSAECQCBQPCMKBSHJBFAVCWLRRGI2DKNRYCQBAMAQEBAFQYEASCQNBYHJAEETCOKZNGE4D6

I haven't noticed a meta in this really other then a lot of freljord and Shadow isles.. but still see a lot of the others too. I think a streamer must have did F/SI at first cause I was seeing a lot of the same deck on day 1, but it's more diverse now

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Notes: Legends of Runeterra

BRAUM looks OP

GENEVIEVE ELMHEART gets a nice buff, I liked her already but at 6 cost it was hard to justify over Cithria.

UNYIELDING change burst --> fast makes it VERY counterable now. Probably won't be seen at all except for meme-dream decks.

BASILISK RIDER could make mono-noxus a thing. 6/4 Overwhelm for 4 mana? Dammmn. Dealing 4 to this is so much harder than 3.

CAPTAIN FARRON got a really nice change. I have tried him before but it always felt bad turning all your cards into Decimates... Now he creates 3 of them. I hate him already!

POROS get some love + with Braum.. might see a competitive Poro deck emerge.

TWE gets a cost nerf, 6 mana to 7 mana. Nice.

REN SHADOWBLADE completely reworked. Nice effect. Gives you a Shadow Fiend when he STRIKES. That's big. His 3/3 stat line isn't great for a 4 mana card. He does have Quick Attack. Tough to say if he can work reliably or if he just comes down a little too late. Even if he blocks a unit he should give you at least 1 Shadow Fiend, might be good.

JAE MADARA loses Elusive, keeps his effect, reduced Stats, and reduced cost. Ugh, maybe I'm missing something but spending 6 mana for a 4/4 still seems bad. To get the draw you need him to be targeted. If you use him as a blocker you are spending 6 for a 4/4 blocker. yuck. HOWEVER, I suppose you can build your deck to target him with YOUR spells that could lead to the dream. Also targeted by other unit's Play Effects should work too.

ESCAPED ABOMINATION gets a health nerf, nice, those dream SI openers have been painful and seem to happen far too often.

HARROWING & MIND MELD get a cost reduction, might not make too much of a difference to their play rate, but ok.

Yoink Cards mainly stay in tact with the main change being "NAB" draws from the bottom instead of the top. And BMM loses 1 health stat.
No cost changes here so the frustration will live on. I do not believe these changes go far enough to alleviate the frustration. Everyone was clamoring for "draw from bottom" and now they got it. Which just makes these decks stronger as they don't assist you to getting your Champion cards... but hey, maybe Freljord will just swarm the meta and push out Yoink, since the change only benefits Freljord.

I was expecting Pilfered to be at least 3 cost. And I wanted Stolen cards to be visible to all.
BMM nerf is good though, but I don't think it'll change his play rate... maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not sure who all is actively playing but I still am and Im looking forward to hearing news about the August expansion. Hopefully we start seeing cards soon.

Current meta: IMO it's "fine". But you might be hearing grumblings that it's terrible (Mogwai recently). I respect Mogwai but imo he's just burnt himself out of the game and needs a reset. Happens all the time. The meta really isn't in any worse state than in the past. It's still very diverse, you have a slew of different decks. I am seeing every region represented. A lot of Noxus but not as prevalent than when "Burn" was in style.

Anyway, I still see plenty of mid-range & control decks. If you look at the meta tier list on Mobalytics, imo it's fairly spot-on: https://lor.mobalytics.gg/meta-tier-list

Looking at the last balance pass, and my remarks, I'd say things turned out close to my remarks:
Braum is in an A-tier deck
I'm seeing Genevieve a LOT more often. She's kicked my ass quite a few times now in MF/Scout type decks. I've not played her recently though.
Unyielding isn't a card anymore
Basilisk Rider basically MAKES the current Aggro deck. As I said "might make mono-noxus a thing"... it did, except for the 2 copies of Harrowing they include.
Farron is ok. But not in a meta deck currently. But I played with him some and he feels much more playable. I have seen him against me here & there too.
Poros aren't meta but I've seen then a lot more, and I have lost to at least 1 poro deck recently
TWE basically non-existent
Ren still seems bad, seen him in Ephemeral decks but not consistent. Probably the worst rework I've seen
Jae works in niche decks, Mogwai created a deck utilizing his draw power. Probably needs a few more tools, but can potentially be busted/OP in future expansions, need to tread carefully with his effect.
Escaped Abom, disappeared with TWE decks
Harrowing is seeing a LOT of play now. Noxus Aggro & Anivia decks both using it.
Mind Meld still bad

My "hates" right now are mainly: Will of Ionia, Ezreal, Heimerdinger's Elusive Turrets, Crimson Disciple.
I might be a broken record, but Ezreal annoys me, even if he isn't "meta", but he always seems to be meta due to his strength. Now he's in an S-tier deck with TF. Eventually Ezreal needs a change.
Will of Ionia NEEDS to exist in the game, but at 4 mana it's too good.
Heimer was never on my radar for the longest time, but with so many more ways to generate the Elusive turrets since the Bilgewater release, it's just out of control. Elusive turret should be a result from a higher costed spell.
Crimson Disciple is oppressive. make it a 1/3 or 2/2 maybe.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I still play on and off, a bit less since I'm back to working after 3 months of quarantine, and also busy with other games. It has nothing to do with the state of the meta which I think is still pretty good, agree with Mogwai that the previous one was the best, but this is still pretty good, and if we came from any other meta than the last one, pretty sure this would be considered one of the best.

I think I enjoy the game more this way to be honest, playing anywhere from 2-4 nights for 1-2 hours. I got the last 2 vaults only to rank 8 or so. I just feel better this way, less triggered by stuff. :)

I'm looking forward to next card set, and what the new release schedule will be like, should be a lot of fun.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I still play on and off, a bit less since I'm back to working after 3 months of quarantine, and also busy with other games. It has nothing to do with the state of the meta which I think is still pretty good, agree with Mogwai that the previous one was the best, but this is still pretty good, and if we came from any other meta than the last one, pretty sure this would be considered one of the best.

I think I enjoy the game more this way to be honest, playing anywhere from 2-4 nights for 1-2 hours. I got the last 2 vaults only to rank 8 or so. I just feel better this way, less triggered by stuff. :)

I'm looking forward to next card set, and what the new release schedule will be like, should be a lot of fun.

I agree, can't grind this game and continue to enjoy it. I think because it requires a lot more brain power than say, hearthstone, it can get wearing.

When I knew rank was resetting I basically took 2 weeks off, the week before reset my reward was level 2 chest.

Also I mainly play on just phone and find it hard to want to play on pc. I was streaming it as you know and wish I could dedicate more time to it but I just can't do it.

I'm Diamond 1 right now and if/ when I get masters again I'll probably stop a while until next expansion