Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, I made some changes and it's a bit better, deck is greedy though but fun, I went 3-0.

I leveled Swain in 1 turn with Intimidating Roar with a leveled up Yasuo on board, I did like 20 damage to his board.

Two of the wins were Leviathan, Swain and Yasuo on the board. One game opponent surrender with like 16 live left. There was no way he could put anything on the board that wouldn't die at the beginning of each round. :)

A really nice change of pace compared to Ranked. People still play meta decks though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I tried some yasuo/ swain and it just doesn't seem good. Each champ has different support cards, and their synergy happens too rarely.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I tried some yasuo/ swain and it just doesn't seem good. Each champ has different support cards, and their synergy happens too rarely.

You’re right about both champions requiring different support cards which is why the version I am playing now doesn‘t really have any Swain support cards anymore and performs better this way.

The only cards that support Swain in the deck are 3 Ravenous Flock which are great in a Yasuo deck anyways, and 2 of The Leviathan which serves to trigger his stun ability which combos with Yasuo if he is on board, even without Yasuo on board Leviathan/Swain is a great combo.

I also made some more tweaks and I’m 7-1 with the deck now, it’s still a bit greedy but way more consistant with a slightly better early curve and just totally sick mid to end game. It wins in many different ways.

I essentially removed all the direct damage cards I had in the deck to help level Swain since he levels extremely easily with Yasuo alone, replaced them with a few Shadow Assassins which helps the early game, gives card draw which I didn’t have.

i‘m not a great deck builder, usually just play some of Mogwai‘s deck since he seems to like playing similar stuff than I do.

It’s super fun to play and it’s becoming pretty consistant, I’m sure there’s still a lot of room for improvement. There‘s still a few cards that haven’t done much yet, they are not bad exactly but I wonder if something else would work better...the two in questions are 2 Legion General and 2 Aurok Glinthorn. Both so far have been useful as big units on the board a few times, but otherwise haven’t felt necessary.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You’re right about both champions requiring different support cards which is why the version I am playing now doesn‘t really have any Swain support cards anymore and performs better this way.

The only cards that support Swain in the deck are 3 Ravenous Flock which are great in a Yasuo deck anyways, and 2 of The Leviathan which serves to trigger his stun ability which combos with Yasuo if he is on board, even without Yasuo on board Leviathan/Swain is a great combo.

I also made some more tweaks and I’m 7-1 with the deck now, it’s still a bit greedy but way more consistant with a slightly better early curve and just totally sick mid to end game. It wins in many different ways.

I essentially removed all the direct damage cards I had in the deck to help level Swain since he levels extremely easily with Yasuo alone, replaced them with a few Shadow Assassins which helps the early game, gives card draw which I didn’t have.

i‘m not a great deck builder, usually just play some of Mogwai‘s deck since he seems to like playing similar stuff than I do.

It’s super fun to play and it’s becoming pretty consistant, I’m sure there’s still a lot of room for improvement. There‘s still a few cards that haven’t done much yet, they are not bad exactly but I wonder if something else would work better...the two in questions are 2 Legion General and 2 Aurok Glinthorn. Both so far have been useful as big units on the board a few times, but otherwise haven’t felt necessary.

I've been wanting to use Glinthorn and Mogwai has a Glinthorn deck that I may eventually try. I really like my Vlad/Swain deck and their support cards fit extremely well together. I still need to tune it some more and it has some issues with super fast decks and control ones (especially Ezreal). It's a ton of fun though because no one ever prepares for Ranger's Resolve. I'll try to trim up a better version to post in here.

I like Yasuo decks a ton but found that without Yasuo, Swain has a hard time leveling up. My version was still pretty fun so I'm sure yours is as well.

Ravishing Ravishing , I had very little success with your Soloist deck but I only played about 10 games. I never dropped a Soloist so I had some extremely bad luck for those games. It's a powerful card so I'll definitely play some more with it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been wanting to use Glinthorn and Mogwai has a Glinthorn deck that I may eventually try. I really like my Vlad/Swain deck and their support cards fit extremely well together. I still need to tune it some more and it has some issues with super fast decks and control ones (especially Ezreal). It's a ton of fun though because no one ever prepares for Ranger's Resolve. I'll try to trim up a better version to post in here.

I like Yasuo decks a ton but found that without Yasuo, Swain has a hard time leveling up. My version was still pretty fun so I'm sure yours is as well.

Ravishing Ravishing , I had very little success with your Soloist deck but I only played about 10 games. I never dropped a Soloist so I had some extremely bad luck for those games. It's a powerful card so I'll definitely play some more with it.

I don't know which Soloist deck you tried, but yea I'd say the deck(s) in general aren't top tier. I haven't had the greatest success. I still feel like she should be good somewhere but idk.

The meta right now is kinda fast I think. The new ephemeral decks, Vlad, teemo/sej, and some others are pretty quick, so need a really strong early game to succeed. I think plunder decks in general might just be too slow since the early game kinda blows. Pilfers & Black Market Merchant aren't good early tools, yet clog up slots for your early game.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't know which Soloist deck you tried, but yea I'd say the deck(s) in general aren't top tier. I haven't had the greatest success. I still feel like she should be good somewhere but idk.

The meta right now is kinda fast I think. The new ephemeral decks, Vlad, teemo/sej, and some others are pretty quick, so need a really strong early game to succeed. I think plunder decks in general might just be too slow since the early game kinda blows. Pilfers & Black Market Merchant aren't good early tools, yet clog up slots for your early game.

Teemo/Sej has really taken off the last few days. I haven't played it yet but have gotten a few stompings from it. It looks really strong from the other side.

I think speed decks are almost a direct response to plunder decks. You really can't sit around and hopefully pull off a late game when they are stealing 5-8 cards from your deck. Mogwai's latest daily vid showed him get crushed a couple times from his own cards. Best way to stop that is to punish them early like your said.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well ended my day with 4 games in Ranked with my deck and went 2-2 so not too bad for a non-optimized deck.

While 2-2 isn’t great, the deck performed fairly well.

One win was against a Maokia deck which manage to obliterate my library followed by a Ruination which cleared 4 units, I had to recall my Yasuo. Luckily I had a great hand with a Yasuo I just recalled, a second Yasuo, a levelled up Swain, and an Aurok Glinthorm and 1 Deny. So I was able to refill my board with big units, also 2nd Yasuo came in handy as it shuffle itself back into my deco twice allowing me to survive longer. It was a really great game.

The second win was against a Khalista/Thresh deck where I had a ridiculously great curve, basically ended on a turn with 3 Fae Bladetwirler on board when I played Intimidating Roar on a board of 5, they were all between 15-19 I think. Yatsuo ans Swain didn’t even show up for that game.

One of the loss was the opposite of the previous one, I had a terrible curve. I would have lost against anything. Basically 4 turns in and I hadn’t been able to play anything.

The second loss was extremely close game against a Karma/Heimer deck, it started badly with him playing 3 Thermogenic Beam in 4 turns between I think turn 3 and 6 I think. Felt really bad but I got back in, and I thought I had him, but he had his attack turn with a bunch of Burst spells with Heimer on board to basically go from 1 card on board to a full board and won. Still it was close.

If they ever need to nerf Heimer, all they need to do is make the elusive turret come from 4 mana spell instead of 3. :)

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Posting here so I can find this later:
Add icons & change color of your deck titles...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I’m done with the game, just tired of Unyielding Spirit, I see it as often in Normal as I do in ranked. The only advantage in normal is I can just quit the game when it’s used and not lose rank. The card is epitome of not fun. Mana cost nerf, or cast nerf won’t do it...the card needs a rework you just can’t have a an effect like this.

im not sure if it’s just my frustration with that card that affecting my view of the game right now but there’s too much shit Im starting to hate about it. Ezreal 10+ damage with.no possible interaction, Heimer basically casting 3 spells at burst speed again with no interaction and creating 3 zero cost mana turret, way too much value 6 cards for thee cost of 3.

One the thing I loved the most in the game was the interaction in each round compared to HS, but most decks now seem to be built around using burst spells to generate value, it’s often not even about the burst spell itself but the benefit of casting burst spells for other value, it’s like those decks barely care about the cards do, except for being burst and non-interactive.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I stopped playing ranked because there is no point to it. Why am I going to go through the frustration of Rock Paper Scissors if there is no purpose.

"Hey I am number One in the World"

Whoopdidoo. You get nothing for the title worth the effort of trying to get the title. Now when tournaments actually start to award real cash, I might play ranked. The last thing rank needs to award are Gems, Wild Cards, or some small little symbol thingie that nobody even notices.

In short, ranked is currently worthless. I assume that will change someday.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Always good to take a break. I look forward to changes to Unyielding, Ezreal and even Pilfered.
I was grinding TFT for a bit the past few days, but now I'm back to LoR.
I intend to play the game for a while, there's no point to ranked, but playing hones my skill.
Next expansion will be here before we know it and I expect Riot to continue adding features and making it better. I just like being in on the ground floor. All I see is potential with this game. I want to be part of the tournament scene someday, so that's why I play it as much as I do atm. I tried with HS and won a small Tempostorm weekend tournament once, but for LoR I hope to do a little more.

Funny thing, I saw Valderen's post and then played 1 game this morning against an Unyielding Bannermen deck. I completely agree how BS the card is, he put it on Garen and it was infinite rallies for an eternity... BUT THEN, I pilfered a Will of Ionia, and then an Unyielding for myself. So I turned the tables on him, Will'd his Garen, Unyielding my Slotbot which eventually became an 18/10... the game came down to each of us having 4 cards left in our decks before he surrendered.

I'm sure he was cursing at the screen as much as I was from his Unyielding Garen lol! (Actually I wasn't that angry just annoyed).

By-the-way... the deck I was playing is this Fizz/TF deck I saw Swim using which I've played twice so far and won both, fun deck that actually is very resilient:

CEBAWAQGBMHBAFA2EETCWLRRHUAQEBADAIAQEBR2AEAQIAIA

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well I’m done with the game, just tired of Unyielding Spirit, I see it as often in Normal as I do in ranked. The only advantage in normal is I can just quit the game when it’s used and not lose rank. The card is epitome of not fun. Mana cost nerf, or cast nerf won’t do it...the card needs a rework you just can’t have a an effect like this.

im not sure if it’s just my frustration with that card that affecting my view of the game right now but there’s too much shit Im starting to hate about it. Ezreal 10+ damage with.no possible interaction, Heimer basically casting 3 spells at burst speed again with no interaction and creating 3 zero cost mana turret, way too much value 6 cards for thee cost of 3.

One the thing I loved the most in the game was the interaction in each round compared to HS, but most decks now seem to be built around using burst spells to generate value, it’s often not even about the burst spell itself but the benefit of casting burst spells for other value, it’s like those decks barely care about the cards do, except for being burst and non-interactive.
I've never seen it once. What the fuck?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been trying to make a Swain/Yasuo deck work without too much success. It's kind of an interesting match up, Yasuo's damage when you stun something is non-combat damage so it goes toward leveling up Swain and obviously if you have both in play and damage the nexus, Swain stun an enemy which Yasuo then damages so there is some synergy.

So far though, it seems to require too many cards to make it work reliably. I'm not done with the experiment yet though. Yasuo is just too clunky really, I mean there's no reliable deck with him, and the few that do actually works despite him...like the Mogwai's Katerina/Yasuo deck where you win with Katerina and the Fae Bladetwirler most of the time and not with Yasuo.

Still it's been fun when it works which has been to rare, good thing I did this experiment in Normal and not Ranked. :)

Just saw this video on Reddit. May want to consider Dragon's Rage in your Swain/Yasuo deck... lol.

• 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw this video on Reddit. May want to consider Dragon's Rage in your Swain/Yasuo deck... lol.

It has one. :)

Works ok with Swain, but is great with Fae Bladetwirler who can get pretty big, Dragon’s Rage for 17 ends all game’s. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing this TF deck I saw Swim play a couple days ago, it's ok, gaining some rank here and there.
I ended up playing against BBG who I just found out is a streamer and pretty good player, so I found our game on his channel and watched it back, the chat is kinda funny. If you want to see a huge Slotbot then give a watch.

Deck: CEBACAQEAMFQEBQLBYIBIGRBEYVS4MJ5AIAQEBR2AEAQIAIA

Apparently I can't embed a Twitch Video with a specific Timestamp, external link:
BruisedByGod vs Ravishing

Last edited:

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm getting too fucking sick of Ionia. They just have way too many strong tools with things like Will of Ionia and Deny.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree to the point where I just concede to the faction now. I hated counterspell in magic and I hate it here as well.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree to the point where I just concede to the faction now. I hated counterspell in magic and I hate it here as well.

The sad thing is, it's not even a super strong region on it's own. There's a couple decent followers (Eye of the Dragon, Claws of the Dragon, and maybe some Elusives) and a single really good Champion in Karma. But it's being propped up almost primarily on the strength of those two spells.

And it creates some absurd synergies with Champs like Heimerdinger where not only are they wiping and bouncing your units while denying your spells, they're also filling their entire board with units while doing so.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Nothing too major for 1.3 update, mainly expedition updates & announcement of the next ranked season.

Patch 1.3 contains minor bugfixes and card clarity updates, along with the latest Expedition archetype adjustments. The new patch will be playable at approximately 10 AM PT, June 10.

Before we get to the notes, we’ve also got a few pieces of info to share:

• Starting with Patch 1.4 in two weeks, we’re updating when we post patch notes—rather than posting the article at 10 AM PT on Mondays, we’ll start doing so at 10 AM PT on Tuesdays (24 hours later than we currently do). The 1.4 notes will land at 10 AM PT on June 23.
  • The Season of Plunder ranked season will end at approximately 9 AM PT, June 23. Ranked will be disabled for about 24 hours, then we’ll distribute Season of Plunder ranked reward icons (shown below), partially reset ranks, and start the Season of Fortune ranked season at approximately 10 AM PT, June 24.
    • Master accounts will drop 800LP (8 divisions). Note: Patch 1.4 will also contain an update to how Master LP works—more info coming later.
    • Diamond and Platinum accounts will drop 750LP (7 divisions + 50LP).
    • Gold and Silver accounts will drop 675LP (6 divisions + 75LP).
    • Bronze and Iron accounts will reset to Iron IV.
Starting with Patch 1.5 (in about 4 weeks), we’re updating Vault unlock timing to put it more safely after our patch timing. Vault unlock will move back from Tuesday to Thursday at 8 AM (local time based on shard). The week we move the Vault, we’ll have an extended, nine-day Vault to make the transition.

I look forward to the changes to Master LP. Seems like the more you play, the more likely you are to LOSE ranking. Takes an insane win rate to actually gain in Masters.
But other than that, it seems odd ranked is being reset without new cards.

Should also get "Gauntlets" with the June 23 patch, unless it comes next week.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After a week of not playing, and cooling off from the frustration from some issue with the game. I decided to at least clear the quests.

So played about 15 games or so in Normal to clear my games, didn't encounter Unyielding Spirit...and I think I encountered about 12 different decks altogether which was really awesome, played about 3 different decks to clear the 3 quests I had.

I think just taking time off did some good. I think sometimes we get frustrated by something and keep on playing and tons of other stuff that usually doesn't frustrate us starts to frustrate us and we end up not having fun anymore, and just a little break does wonder. I still want Unyielding Spirit changed though. :)

I'm looking forward to the new modes, even if it's something I may only do for 1-2 hours like Tavern Brawls in HS, it's fun but for a short time, but it is a nice change of pace sometimes. I need to do a my expedition, I think I have 3 tokens.

This meta is just the best though, so many viable stuff right now.