Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not great but I was playing midrange bannermen which is fun but they just nerfed the damn grizzled ranger and the loyal badgerbear

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is what I like to hear! I think I'm undefeated yesterday, maybe 5-0 or more, didn't track. But this deck can struggle vs Burn. After the patch I'll be shooting for top 50 with it. Like 0 cards got touched. It can also struggle against other Plunder decks, since they take your shit, but not all will have the Sejuani end game

Just beat down a Unyielding Demacia deck where he had Unyielding on a Radiant Guardian, another Radiant and a Cithria and I still powered through. Deck started with a weak hand but a powered up Sejuani is almost too hard for Demacia to beat in any situation. Deck has some weak matches but it's extremely powerful. Well made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just beat down a Unyielding Demacia deck where he had Unyielding on a Radiant Guardian, another Radiant and a Cithria and I still powered through. Deck started with a weak hand but a powered up Sejuani is almost too hard for Demacia to beat in any situation. Deck has some weak matches but it's extremely powerful. Well made.

It's not perfect but I find most decks struggle to have a 55% or better win rate. I just tanked my rating trying to make an ephemeral deck work, so there goes the "top 50" idea.. I played some of this MF/Sej today and have done well, yesterday I was making all kinds of mistakes.

There are some weak opening hands for sure and sometimes your opponent just has the nuts.

Everyone seems to be playing Vlad decks right now, I've been doing decent vs them so far.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played a few games with a Vladimir deck, I love him but he's still not great I think, I went 1-3 with it. He's so satisfying to play though.

I had the "dream" attack with 6 units, 3 of which were Crimson Disciples, so 6 damage there + 5 damage from Vladimir, and 1 of the Disciple survived being blocked because of Chain Vest so he did another 2 damage. So that's 13 damage from Vladimir and the Crimson Disciple, and I had another 3 going through for 16 total damage and the win. I was at 5 life, so went back up to 10.

So very satisfying, another game was very close, one I misplayed big time, and the last I got stomped.

Still going to try him more, it's a small sample and as I said I misplayed one game that cost me the match, not sure I would have won but the mistake lost me the game. I just love the archetype and the way it plays.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I tried a Vlad deck and got dumpstered. Changed it to a Swain deck and did ok.
My rank is tanked from trying so many shitty decks. Also the MF/Sej deck has been failing me lately, people play against it better now. Before it was eating up Karma/Lux but now hardly anyone is playing that.

Somehow I played Swim 3x today. 1x when he was streaming and 2x off stream.
1st was MF/Sej vs MF/Sej.
I lost due to having the worst hand ever, I can't even remember everything but basically had no plays at all.
Below is the vid from his stream, I was on my phone at the time.

Last 2x I was playing a Swain deck and he was on his Fizz combo deck, I won both games but it was close. No video since neither of us were streaming.

So far I've played against Swim 5x and I'm 4-1 against him :D

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
0-5 tonight, basically bad luck. I either horrible draw, in one game my first 7 cards were spells...in a deck that has 13. I didn’t play a single card, and surrendered since I was at like 8 health or so. In another game I drew no undying in what is an undying based deck.

Other games were my opponent having an answer to everything I did. In one game, my opponent only unit played was Fizz, which on turn 2 I put vulnerable on it. Every single time I challenge it, he had an answer to keep it alive, and buffed it with that 4/4 buff when attacking. It was ridiculous I was beaten by a single card.

i guess there’s some days where nothing works. .

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
0-5 tonight, basically bad luck. I either horrible draw, in one game my first 7 cards were spells...in a deck that has 13. I didn’t play a single card, and surrendered since I was at like 8 health or so. In another game I drew no undying in what is an undying based deck.

Other games were my opponent having an answer to everything I did. In one game, my opponent only unit played was Fizz, which on turn 2 I put vulnerable on it. Every single time I challenge it, he had an answer to keep it alive, and buffed it with that 4/4 buff when attacking. It was ridiculous I was beaten by a single card.

i guess there’s some days where nothing works. .

That Fizz deck you mentioned is Swim's "Fizz Combo Deck" I called out above. There are only 2 units in the deck: Fizz & Starlit Seer.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That Fizz deck you mentioned is Swim's "Fizz Combo Deck" I called out above. There are only 2 units in the deck: Fizz & Starlit Seer.

I had never seen that deck before, just watched Swim‘s YouTube video about it. It’s a pretty interesting idea.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

That looks pretty cool, lots of stuff coming in the next few months.

I think the pace of card release will be interesting, pacing a new region with smaller expansion with new cards every 2 months.

Combine this will their balance patch that has a nice impact on the meta, the game will be in constant flux which is pretty exciting.

Can't wait to see the new modes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
New deck I'm having some initial success with after a lot of failure.

TF/Sejuani featuring Smooth Soloist, Slotbot and more.

Deck code: CEBQCAQBAIBACAIECYDQEBQUDIQSWLJRGIAQKAQGAUFRAEI4AA

URL: https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/br8p9itbunqbjlugm44g

I'm 5-1 with it so far. It's kinda tough to pilot but I can't complain so far. Most fun win was dropping 2x 4 mana Rex in a single turn to close out a game.

Originally I was trying with PnZ and Vi but switching to Freljord & Sejuani shored up some weak spots i think.

Goal is to vomit free or cheap units onto the board at end game. Getting to the end game can be tricky. TF is kinda key to getting there, leveling him isn't always a priority.

I'll continue playing to see if the wins stop. Might just be a lucky streak and the deck could be bad.

If you try it, let me know how it goes

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
New deck I'm having some initial success with after a lot of failure.

TF/Sejuani featuring Smooth Soloist, Slotbot and more.

Deck code: CEBQCAQBAIBACAIECYDQEBQUDIQSWLJRGIAQKAQGAUFRAEI4AA

URL: https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/br8p9itbunqbjlugm44g

I'm 5-1 with it so far. It's kinda tough to pilot but I can't complain so far. Most fun win was dropping 2x 4 mana Rex in a single turn to close out a game.

Originally I was trying with PnZ and Vi but switching to Freljord & Sejuani shored up some weak spots i think.

Goal is to vomit free or cheap units onto the board at end game. Getting to the end game can be tricky. TF is kinda key to getting there, leveling him isn't always a priority.

I'll continue playing to see if the wins stop. Might just be a lucky streak and the deck could be bad.

If you try it, let me know how it goes

Have you tried Tavernkeeper? He might help you survive to lategame, and he's a 3/3 now which means he can fight.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Have you tried Tavernkeeper? He might help you survive to lategame, and he's a 3/3 now which means he can fight.

I am trying a version without the Yoink package and my only loss has been to Unyielding Fiora so far. However I also have not been able to draw Soloist, so no fun shenanigans. And yea, it has Tavern Keeper.

Stronger late game with Tuskraider. Less reliable Plunder due to eliminating the 3x Warning Shot.

CEBQEAQBAIDAGAIBAMLDEBICAYFRAGRLFUBAEAQGDQZAGAQBAEDQQAA

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I know I keep ranting about this card, but Unyielding Spirit, especially Unyielding Fiona is ruining the game for me.

It‘s played too much in my rank at least, and is totally unfun to play against. Worse is I end up playing decks I don’t really want to play to counter it, ultimately not enjoying myself.

One more month of this might just kill the game for me, I don’t understand how this card got made, and how it survived being changed.

Oh and to top off my night of frustration, 20:damage in one turn from Karma/Ezreal. I knew it was coming, had prepared for it, had countered that delayed his big turn twice, but wasn’t able to finish him off in time,he was at 2 health when the 20 damage turn finally arrived.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I know I keep ranting about this card, but Unyielding Spirit, especially Unyielding Fiona is ruining the game for me.

It‘s played too much in my rank at least, and is totally unfun to play against. Worse is I end up playing decks I don’t really want to play to counter it, ultimately not enjoying myself.

One more month of this might just kill the game for me, I don’t understand how this card got made, and how it survived being changed.

Oh and to top off my night of frustration, 20:damage in one turn from Karma/Ezreal. I knew it was coming, had prepared for it, had countered that delayed his big turn twice, but wasn’t able to finish him off in time,he was at 2 health when the 20 damage turn finally arrived.

Change where you play. I play lots of unranked just to play shit that doesn't have to be top notch to win. I'm having a blast playing Vlad/Swain in a decent deck that probably couldn't handle some of the better players but definitely has game against some meta decks. It would be a pity if you quit right before they expand options so much.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I hear ya, honestly Ezreal and Will of Ionia are killing the game for me. I don't see Unyielding too often atm.
I had an Ezreal do 18 damage to me WITHOUT Karma... good thing I used 2x Tavern Keepers the turn earlier to keep me at 20. Fucking BS.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Smooth Soloist is probably my favorite card right now but I know she's a bit slow. But Cost Reduction is ALWAYS a powerful effect. I've abandoned the Sejuani decks above and have moved on to Swain decks.

One thing I realized is that with 1x Smooth Soloist down on 7, you can then play Leviathan AND Swain on 9 mana. Pretty damn strong imo.

This is my version of a popular Mid-Range TF/Swain deck utilizing Soloist:
CEBAEAQDA4EAMAQGAQEAWGRBFUBAEAQDAEEQMAQGCIKBYKZRGIAA

I took this deck: Decks of Runeterra
and added 2x Soloist & 2x Pick a Card.

The reason for the Pick a Cards is because with Cost Reduced units, you really want to take advantage of it by drawing into a lot of them. You don't want to be in top-deck mode where the cost reduction becomes meaningless.. HOWEVER, even without Pick a Card, since Leviathan is a tutor it would still work out if you're just playing for that 9 mana Leviathan+Swain play.

The deck has a strong early game with lots of removal, so getting to that turn 7+ isn't too hard. I will play it a lot more tomorrow, but my limited time tonight after 4 games is 2-2.. Lost TWICE to Hecarim decks LOL. Every game was competitive though!

The other boat combos:
MF/Syren would be a 6 mana play
Dreadway+Gangplank & Tuskraider+Sejuani would be 10 mana combos.

But none of these other combos offer the immediate board control that Swain/Leviathan do.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Change where you play. I play lots of unranked just to play shit that doesn't have to be top notch to win. I'm having a blast playing Vlad/Swain in a decent deck that probably couldn't handle some of the better players but definitely has game against some meta decks. It would be a pity if you quit right before they expand options so much.

Yeah I do that a lot, probably around 50/50 between Ranked and Normal. Each is fun for different reasons, I enjoy normal to try more “fun” decks that are not necessarily competitive enough to rank up with, like you I did a Vladimir deck which I would not use in Ranked, but was super fun to play...more so than some of the deck I play in Ranked. Ranked is fun because of the more competitive nature and wanting to improve.

As.much as I get frustrated sometimes, I do have a lot more fun games than unfun ones, and not fun games are not games I lose. I don’t mind losing when the game is actually interesting and both players can win, and it’s decided by good or bad play, or a bit of luck of the draw.

I love the game which just makes it’s few flaws really frustrating. The team does a good job addressing issues though so I have faith they’ll come around To fixing them.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've been trying to make a Swain/Yasuo deck work without too much success. It's kind of an interesting match up, Yasuo's damage when you stun something is non-combat damage so it goes toward leveling up Swain and obviously if you have both in play and damage the nexus, Swain stun an enemy which Yasuo then damages so there is some synergy.

So far though, it seems to require too many cards to make it work reliably. I'm not done with the experiment yet though. Yasuo is just too clunky really, I mean there's no reliable deck with him, and the few that do actually works despite him...like the Mogwai's Katerina/Yasuo deck where you win with Katerina and the Fae Bladetwirler most of the time and not with Yasuo.

Still it's been fun when it works which has been to rare, good thing I did this experiment in Normal and not Ranked. :)