Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Expeditions are fun at the moment. There is a learning curve to it, but as expected, the new realm is the strongest one. There are certain champions that if you get the combo are very difficult to beat. Leona/ Yasuo decks are just not fair and I have seen this matchup way to often. Elusive is back and can win out again. Invoke is a powerhouse for card advantage with the right choices.

Cards that stick out for me from Targon:

Solari Shieldbearer- This card just stops anything early unless Elusive.
Rahvan- Kind of obvious
Moondreamer
- The Invoke with a 3/5 works well to hold off until later.
Solari Priestess- Again with Invoke except this Invoke can be very good.
Zenith Blade- Helps with Leona but more importantly it gives overwhelm to the big guys. If you have 2 in the deck..bonus.
Mentor of the stone- Careful on card count in hand with this guy.
Sunburst- 6 damage with a silence component is very helpful given the amount of defensive stat boosts that exist.
Hush - I have won games with this card. I highly recommend at least one of these in the deck. Works well on the unexpected Elusives and can make for interesting times on a champion.
Blessing of Targon- Yes it costs 5. One more than the +3+4 one that we all know well. It however is permanent and is usable on any ally at burst speed.

Any of the Dragons are pretty damn good. Invoke is a powerhouse if you can just trade off and hold off for the big drops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is a bit of an overkill.

A2E35851-3F33-4564-B204-4A9717BC761B.jpeg

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Daybreak/ Nightfall deck is lots of fun and has been very powerful in my experience. Maybe the best part is, since its almost completely Targon, you can run a small Invoke package with Moutain Scryer included. Daybreak has been the most powerful keyword for me in expedition so far but its still early.

I love Sol but I just don't see a reason for me to competively play anything but the above deck(maybe Darius). The new healing has really allowed fast midrange to thrive and I'm loving it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It’s still too early to tell how the meta will play out, which I don’t care too much about anyway since I’m casual and either playing Normal or Ranked low so not affected by meta too much.

That said my intitula impression of this expansion is way more impressive than Bilgewater which to be honest at the end of the day I didn’t enjoy all that much. I rarely ever play Bilgewater, but so far I’ve found so many decks with Targon that I really like, they might not be tier 1 but are good enough for me to enjoy at the level I play the game.

Leona/Yasuo, I always love Yasuo decks, and this is a fun addition which is more of a Daybreak deck with Yasuo support.

Diana/Nocturne, I’m enjoying this one too, but still find myself too often stuck with too many Nighfall cars with nothing to lead with. I’ve said before at the end of the day Diana isn’t the best match for Nocturne. I’ll probably will dismantle this deck and try to find both Diana and Nocturne a better home as I like both Champions.

Taric, with nexus...this is just a buff the shit out of Taric and his support allies and end the game with Overwhelm. Really fun to play, I’m like 2-1 so far so it’s not awful.

Taric/Flora, just win with Fiora, so many ways to keep her alive and buff her up.

Aurelion Sol Dragon deck with Demacia, utilize Mobilze and Heralds of Dragons to reduce the cost of your dragons significantly and just overpower them, this is the deck from the screenshot I posted earlier. If you survive long enough, they all end like that. While this is fun, it’s not my favourite type of deck.

Aurelion Sol/Tresh kinda fun to try and pull Aurelion early for what usually amount to opponent conceding. People know it thought and really focus on Tresh hard, deck doesn’t seem to have much success if Tresh is neutralize. Still lots of fun combos to level him quickly.

Lulu/Zed aggro deck, support Zed basically. Aggro isn’t my favorite, but I always loved Zed so this is fun.

Lulu/Shen, support plus barriers can be extremely annoying when you draw properly.

These are the decks I’ve been playing so far and really been enjoying them, still many things I want to try like the Daybreak/Nightfall deck, I also want to try a total support deck with Teric and Lulu which i doubt with be good, but why joy. :)

I saw a few Trundle deck that seemed pretty good, so want to try him also.

Im curious if a Yasuo/Darius could work with that new stun that gives rally if you have Darius.

There‘s probably tons of other stuff to try, to get back to my original point I’m having way more fun with this expansion, I hope it continues this way for a while. It feels like the Champions and new mechanics are more flexible than those from Bilgewater and will allow for more diversity.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There's definitely a huge variety of decks right now, no idea what will be the meta either. Support-Aggro is a top tier deck right now. And Im seeing a decent amount of other stuff. ASol decks seem to have dropped off completely. Im seeing more Bilgewater-aggro too

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had an horrible evening yesterday, basically every game I played felt like I was playing a deck that was a counter to what I was playing, and played like 3 different things.

I'm also starting to notice a drop in new decks and in Targon, with a lot of people going back to tried old decks with maybe a few cards switched out.

Still a lot of variety being played.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I have been playing whatever. I even loaded up DEEP a little just cause its familiar.
But yesterday I saw this deck posted and ran some games with it
It has some clunky openings but It has the 2 Champions I want to play so that's a plus, and the deck isn't bad at all.
IMO there is a lot of competitive stuff out there.
I'm not sure what I'm going to grind to Masters with yet, won't decide till I hit Diamond.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have been having some fun with a variant of a deck I had played against me. I copied a few of the ideas and made one out of it. Freljord is the house that can potentially wreck this deck. Frostbite is a strong negate due to the need to have attack power. The Inviolus Vox can be a blast if you get a judgement off with him in play. Shush is pretty much a game wrecker in the right situations. The deck does well against most decks.

CIBAGAIABMNDMBYDBEDBUHBWK5MGAAYBAEAAOAICAAAQGAYJDNKFKAA

This deck also shows the cards that might need to be looked at for future alterations.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I playing a lot of different things, mostly whatever is needed to complete my daily quest.

I'm enjoying Lulu/Shen support a lot. It's a lot of fun. It has a lot of low cost units, so there's a lot of strategy on which order to bring them into play, and which order to attack to get the most from the support synergy. There's so much possibilities, with Lulu buffing a unit to 4/4(5/5), Shen giving Barrier, or Young Witch giving quick attack, these options are so strong with Challenger units. Rally end up winning so many games coming back from behind. Lulu's Help Pix! is such a great card, the option of giving a Barrier or Vulnerable each round is so powerful.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Im seeing Mogwai complain about ASoL

Swim is playing an infinite combo deck where you stall till you have the 3 card combo piece: 1x Revitalizing Roar and 2x Zephyrs Sage.
Once you have the cards & 13 mana, use Revitalizing Roar on Zephyr's Sage, then play the 6 cost Zephyrs and copy the 0 cost Zephyrs, end up with 2 0-mana Zephyrs and infinitely play them. He's been tweaking the deck a ton so no definite "list" right now, and he's only been playing Normals. His success rate has been high so far, might change in Ranked.

Support-Aggro, Nightfall Aggro, Noxus Aggro, all see play.
Ezreal decks are seeing some play.

Swain is still a really good deck, the stuns go through spellshield.
Leona/Yasuo decks seem good.

afaik that's the "meta" right now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There's this girl on YouTube making LoR decks called Silverfuse that started to show in recommended feed. She makes funny decks, not sure how good they are but they seem real fun to play if you pull the strategy off.

She made an infinite heal troll deck. It's pretty hilarious if you get the combo which is basically Augur of the Old Ones that Grant an ally overwhelm and regeneration and Broadback Protector which heals your nexus by 3 and deals itself the damage healed. Basically you Grant him regen, so he heals the damage he takes from healing the nexus for infinite healing. Add the Star Sheppard which gets +2/0 each time an ally is healed and regen counts as healing so he can grow pretty big.

It doesn't look like a great deck, but looks really fun. :)

After not playing for a few days, I had 2 quest that required me to target enemies, and one to play with Ionia so a good Leona/Yasuo took care of all 3 quest in 3 matches. :)

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Stupid game. :)

I have a quest to target enemies. I usually use my Leona/Yasuo I can easily do these in 1-2 games normally with this deck. I win 2 games with absolutely insane Daybreak curve without targeting a single a enemy in 2 games. Only had time for 2 games, so I have to try again today.

I'm loving this expansion. This is probably the most regularly I've played since early beta and release. I still don't play a lot, like anywhere from 2-5 games a day at most but fairly regularly. My vault is usually between 9-11.

I should do some expeditions, I have tons of tokens now. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't grinded too much mainly because I am busy, but I logged a few games last night and almost everyone is playing Scouts (MF/Quinn). I was using TF/Swain. I gained some LP but still sitting in Plat. I don't think I faced any "new" cards in the games I played. lol.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think it depends on your rank, I mostly just play Normal nowadays. It usually follows the meta a bit, but more slightly more diverse. It's not like that now though, it's extremely diverse right now, more than I ever seen it.

I can play 20 games over a few days and not encounter the same deck twice, it's really fun. There's new decks, old decks, aggro, midrange, combo, control, all regions being played.

Mogwai complains about Aurelion Sol but I haven't seem this week in my games. There was ton of him when the expansion came out, but he's gone now.

By far my favorite deck right now is Shen/Lulu support. My second favorite is Leona/Yasuo. They may not be tier 1, but they are fun, and good enough for Normal. :)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Mogwai showed a fun Elite deck that has been winning me games and then an update to his Undying deck which is also quite good and fun. I spent two straight weeks with Sol and Daybreak/Nightfall variations. I needed a break and both decks are fun and easy. I'm also working on a Darius deck. I also only play between 5-7 games daily. Even with it's issues I play just a bit more MtG and between the two, about 15-20 games is my usual daily limit.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
1.10 Pacth Notes

Ezreal nerfed from targeted enemies 8 times to 10 times.

Lee Sin buffed cost and health reduce from 6 to 4, so he's a 3/4 for 4 now, his leveled up condition was change from casting 7 spells to 8 spells, and his signature spells was change from Dragon's Rage to Sonic Wave.

A few other changes to spells and followers, some interesting ones namely...

War Chefs loses 1 attack.
Flash of Brilliance goes back to 3 mana cost.
Yordle Grifter now requires allegiance to create the Warning Shot.

They will have more changes in 1.11 also in 2 weeks.

Looks good.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well this was easy, I had a quest to deal 10 non-combat damage.

One card...The Sky Descend...ended the match with 66 non-combat damage. :)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find this deck works pretty effectively in the new lab format.

CIBQCAYBAYCACAYEDIPSCCABAEAQICYWEYUSUMAAAEAQCAZT

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They might have overdone it a bit with the Lee Sin buff during the last patch. I see him played a lot these days, not necessarily too much because there's a lot of viable stuff but still a lot, the deck is extremely strong and consistent.

We're about the halfway point before the next mini expansion. I wonder when they'll start announcing stuff, with the small size...they probably just need 1-2 weeks at most.

In last patch they didn't touch Targon with balances because they wanted more data, curious to see what will be done next week though.

I still get about 9-11 in Vault rank so my play time is still pretty consistent. I'm just playing in Normal and usually there is such a massive amount of diversity in the meta there. I can literally play 10 games and not see the same deck once which is really great. I hope it stays this way.

I wish I had more time though because I never play the other modes.