Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
9141EF25-2CB9-4EAA-BDD6-8E28CBD34391.png

The Warrior:
Celestial
5 Mana
5/5 Challenger

Good card, generic stat line for a 5 drop, but nice with challenger.

I am liking the Invoke card so far, lots of diversity in the cards, a spell and a unit for each mana cost that do a lot of things. The cards are not necessarily powerful on their own, like a lot would not find room in a deck if they were regular cards but as tools that you select from during a game as needed I think they will be really good.If an Invoke archetype is viable, it might be a deck that will adapt and have answers to a lot of strategy. It might be too RNG to be reliable though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Last one for me today, not sure how many more they have left to announce.

A27EB49E-C63B-4704-B476-BFB1F511B967.png

The Comet:
Celestial
6 Mana
Slow
Obliterate an enemy.

They are introducing a lot of card that didn’t exist before, Obliterate isn’t available on spells. Removal of any unit for 6 mana is extremely powerful, this is obviously balanced by being slow thus allowing counter play. Again an interesting tool in the Invoke toolbox.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yawn and stretches, what did I miss. Let’s see. :)

81D716E8-7CA2-4B0B-92CB-4821C5F323A0.png

Golden Sister:
Celestial
6 Mana
4/3 Lifesteal
When I am summoned, summon a Silver Sister

3A498B3B-3825-41FE-B2B7-C020E044A1C8.png

Silver Sister:
Celestial
6 Mana
4/3 Elusive

Ok, this is simply insane value. For 6 mana you 8/6 worth of stats split in 2 4/3 unit, one with Lifesteal and the other with Elusive. That is sick value. Absolutely awesome card.

3778FF30-16B0-4BA3-9EB5-93B87A3BA2C9.png

Cosmic Inspiration:
Celestial
7 Mana
Slow
If you Behold celestial, grant your units +2/+2 everywhere and refill your spell mana.

Damn, easy requirement in a Behold deck, and pretty big effect, and refills spell mana so effectively a 4 mana spell. We are getting into finisher territory and this is what you can expect from am7 mana slow spell. Although beside Deny, there’s no way to interact with this. I’m starting to understand why there’s so many silence now.

D8566BBC-7B4D-460B-90A8-25FC5E826F3D.png

The Destroyer:
Celestial
7 Mana
7/7 Overwhelm and Spellshield

When I'm summoned, grant me +1|+0 for each Celestial you played this game.

At this stage of the game you will have played a few Celestial, this should easily come in with 10+ attack on a unit with overwhelm that will end a lot of games, especially with Spellshield which means you need at least 2 cards to deal with it.

F4ED9F10-4BE5-4013-988A-32AE1FB91727.png

Tomb of the Universe
Celestial
8 Mana
Slow

If you Behold a Celestial, Obliterate all enemy Units with Power 3 or less EVERYWHERE.

Ok, ridiculous this basically ends the game. I’m not sure I like this design, allows for a complete reversal of a game no matter what happened previously in the game. You could completely outplay your opponent and this comes out and it’s game over. This is going to be so toxic For the game.

00DB3BC2-CCDF-47E8-ABE6-A9EB849B4F8E.png

The Immortal Fire
Celestial
8 Mana
6/5 Elusibe
When I'm summoned, grant me +1|+0 for each Celestial card you played this game. The first time I would die, fully heal me instead.

Damn these are getting ridiculous, a 6/5 elusive you need to kill twice. Again a crazy finisher.

Four more to be revealed with Mogwai being last, I wonder if they gave him the Champion that interact with Invoke. That would be pretty cool to see.

I’m scared to see what the last few cards will be like, some of the last one are crazy, and possibly could make the game very toxic and unfun as there’s going to be so few ways to counter them. I’ll say this too, there’s far more Celestials than I expected we’re looking at close to 20 and I thought we would get around 10 or so. The level of RNG is going to be a lot bigger than I thought, and I’m not sure this will be good. Now with some of the Invoke cards limiting what can be drawn to cost 3 or less or cost 4,5,6 means getting some of the high cost crazy card is going to be extremely unreliable. Heck, the entire archetype is going to be pretty unreliable I think.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm waiting for all the reveals before commenting.
But clearly "Celestials" are meant to be the "thing" for Targon and likely to interact with multiple champions now & into the future. I very much doubt that this whole set is intended for only 1 champion.
Whereas Bilgewater has Nab, Targon has the Celestials.

Reddit theory is there are 24 Celestials, 12 spells and 12 units. 0-11 mana for each type.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
2B8A8218-9E73-4863-9AD1-BF32F5B61548.png

Supernova:
Celestial
Slow
If you Behold a Celestial card, Obliterate 2 enemies.

Ok more reasonable than some of the last few we saw but still pretty strong.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Living Legend.png

Living Legends:
Celestial
10 Mana
Burst
Fill your hand with random fleeting Celestial cards. Refill your mana.

Interesting card, if you get this as an option and decide to select it. I get the feeling you're in trouble and fishing for something. Not sure how good this is.

The Scourge.png

The Scourge:
Celestial
10 Mana
10/10 Challenger
When I'm summoned, grant me +1|+0 for each Celestial card you played this game. Attack: Give other allies +2|+2 and Overwhelm this round.

Again, this is a finisher, at 10 mana it's what you'd expect. There are ways to deal with this, so not entirely OP. Recall on this would hurt big time wasting your opponent 10 mana, and making him spend 10 again the next turn.

Only one card left is Mogwai in 30 minutes. Pretty sure we'll get a Champion.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 296179

Living Legends:
Celestial
10 Mana
Burst
Fill your hand with random fleeting Celestial cards. Refill your mana.

Interesting card, if you get this as an option and decide to select it. I get the feeling you're in trouble and fishing for something. Not sure how good this is.

View attachment 296180

The Scourge:
Celestial
10 Mana
10/10 Challenger
When I'm summoned, grant me +1|+0 for each Celestial card you played this game. Attack: Give other allies +2|+2 and Overwhelm this round.

Again, this is a finisher, at 10 mana it's what you'd expect. There are ways to deal with this, so not entirely OP. Recall on this would hurt big time wasting your opponent 10 mana, and making him spend 10 again the next turn.

Only one card left is Mogwai in 30 minutes. Pretty sure we'll get a Champion.

I think Mogwai is going to release the 9 drop unit? Probably the Dragon or Elder Dragon.. since The Scourge is Baron from LoL... we'll see.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The dragon is crazy. I'll let Vald post since he's done them all so far :D
Best card in the celestial set

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

The Great Beyond.png

The Great Beyond:
Celestial
9 Mana
8/8 Elusive Fury Spellshield
When I'm summoned, grant me +1|+0 for each Celestial card you played this game. I am a dragon.

Fury: When I kill a unit, grant me +1|+1.

Love it. :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, little bit of speculation on my part for today's reveal by Riot themselves.

I thought, and a lot of people did too that today's Champion would be one that would interact with the Invoke keyword. The Mogwai reveal leads me to believe otherwise.

The reason for this is the keyword Fury, it makes zero sense to have a keyword and have it on a single unit in the game. Second the celestial cards were revealed in order except for Mogwai, leading me to believe that it's to segue into today's reveal where we will see other cards with the Fury keyword, and possibly a Champion that interacts with Fury rather than with Invoke. It makes more sense I think.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Posting because easier to evaluate:

EgMSK5sWoAIJvNC

invoke.PNG

Invoke: Super powerful keyword. I compare this to Discover from Hearthstone. It's practically identical, just the pool of cards differs. Discover is one my favorite mechanics from HS. Limited RNG, value engine, adapt to your opponent. It tests your ability to adapt to a situation. You can't always choose the greed option. Love it.

The Celestials: They can't really be judged like a typical card, all of these can be viable in the right situation. So they are all good. The fact you aren't putting them into a deck, but they are a possible option whenever you run Invoke, just means they can all be playable. So all we can judge are the cards that generate these Celestials, and if any Celestial happens to be "way too strong/auto-win".

Spacey Sketcher: Discard something, I guess Gems seem perfect for this. Choose from a pool of 8 cards. You have 2 zero-costs which are highly likely to be an option, on turn 1 you could potentially have 2 units and 3/2 worth of stats. Pretty good! Moonlight would be less of a priority but of course can assist in cheating something out... AND it's a really good nightfall trigger. Free Burst Nightfall triggers are going to be very premium. The 1,2 & 3 spells all being Slow speed are not appealing. The 1,2 & 3 units are all good/great.

Behold the Infinite: 2 mana do nothing/add a celestial to your hand. Nightfall trigger. Pools from the entire 22 card pool, so RNG out the ass. Gotta play it to see. This card is going to be so swingy... play it early and choose the wrong Celestial because you don't know what you need yet, or play later and never get offered something you can use. My hunch is it's "Above Average" and sees some play, simply for the Nightfall trigger and because of Celestial Greed (fishing for those powerful 8+ costs).

Lunari Priestess: Like Behold the Infinite, can fetch from the entire pool. 1 more mana for a chump unit that really does nothing on 3 mana. I think I'd rather the Behold the Infinite over this. I am not confident you can have a dead turn 3 in this game. Turn 3 is where decks start "turning on".

Solari Priestess: Actually a lot stronger than Lunari since the RNG is so limited. Only a 6 card pool. They are all GREAT cards too. I would 3x this in a lot of decks, even non-Celestial focused decks. I think any deck with Targon as a region is going to have a really hard time not putting 3x this in. Anything except straight Aggro wants this card. Really damn good.

Mountain Scryer: Need to be a nearly pure Targon deck and need to have a lot of Cestials. This card with "Living Legends" sounds like a dream combo. It has potential to be "broken" but depends how well a pure Targon/Celestial deck works. Allegiance cards typically have a power level above average, and it can potentially deliver that.

Moondreamer: Pools from the entire Celestial set, so High RNG, I would say this is even worse than Lunari Priestess. I'd want to be playing a Celestial by turn 5 I think, or a Champion. Something that's going to help in the mid game. Maybe this card is required in Celestial decks, we'll see...

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Dragons:

Fury is the resource Shyvana uses in LoL btw. However, ASol is also a Dragon. Everyone is saying ASol is next, I tend to agree. ASol has a scaling effect in LoL so Fury can make sense on him. Also Shyvana is Demacia and I think we need another Targon champ.

Fury: Strong keyword. Things can get scary, especially when you start using combat tricks (Judgement anyone?).

Herald: idk. Seems bad.
Whiteflame: Maybe good/average? Kinda vanilla. Fury needs to be super good or Dragon Synergy decks need more dragons.
Firebrand: The spellshield makes this really good. 2 Spells required to kill it and if not, it keeps gaining 1/1 for each kill. GOOD CARD
Screenching: Also good but easier to remove and less attack than Firebrand. Meta call? Run both? I think I prefer Fused, we'll see. EDIT: *Demacia Card & A Rememberance Pull*
Dragon's Clutch: Auto-Include in Dragon decks of course. No play anywhere else.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

I called the Fury thing. :)

Fury is a great keyword. I think Dragons are going to limit aggro decks since aggro tend have small units that will just feed the dragons. Also makes "chump" blocking a risky strategy.

Herald of Dragons: Probably not a good card, won't stay on board at 1/1, you'll rarely get any benefit from it.

Whiteflame Protector: Fairly generic stat line for a 4 mana card, Fury is going to be a good keyword I think so probably will see some play.

Fused Firebrand: Generic stats for a 5 drop. Fury and Spellshield are good keywords. Makes it kinda hard to remove.

Screeching Dragon: 5 drop also, but 4/5 with Fury and Challenger. Easier to remove than Fused but possibly easier to get benefit from Fury since you can pick your target on attack. Which to choose might come down to meta, or how deck is built I think both will be viable.

Dragon's Clutch: Awesome in a Dragon deck, awful otherwise.

I don't remember Bildgewater introducing so many mechanics, or possible archetype. I mean makes support a thing, Daybreak, Nightfall, Invoke, Fury and Dragons.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So far it looks like I'm going to focus on two decks early. A Daybreak deck with some Invoke just to hopefully find one of those crazy finishers and a Taric deck. I'll have almost all the champions on Day 1 so it will be a wild first week but I really like those the best so far.

Dragons look ok but I think their greatest value is with Taric or in a Demacia deck with all the support spells that could help them get large very quickly. Only two dragon cards look good.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Ok, quick reaction...WTF!!! Talk about overkill(in a good way).

Aurelion Sol: Let’s get this out of the way first GORGEOUS art. Absolutely phenomenal card regardless of whether it’s competitive or not. Just so awesome, Invoke a 7 cost Celestial, these are almost all finishers on top on Aurelion being a finisher himself. Create a Celestial in hand each round, and cost zero when levelled up.

Infinite Mindsplitter: Great card, basically locks 2 unit from doing anything as long as he’s alive.

Inviolus Vos: Great card engine, with solid stats making it hard to remove.

Starshaping: Great card for the heal which Invoke decks will need as they want to get to the late game, and gets you a 7+ Celestial which are almost all finishers. This is a really good card.

Messenger’s Sigil: Very cheap at 1 mana, not sure how useful this is going to be. You’re adding 5 cards that draw you a card when played, i think this might just slow your strategy as you’ll need to play more cards to get to your cards. I‘m not sure how good this will be.

The Sky Descend: As far as flavour goes, this is awesome. I don’t think it’s going to be that good though. I mean 15 damage to all unit is overkill, its going to require 3+ dragon or celestial to bring its casting cost down to something manageable, and if you have that many of those on board late in the game you probably won already. This is a win more card, cool as a signature spell, but most likely useless otherwise.