Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
grats!

Mana nerf is only thing I can think of. Maybe losing the health buff. But decks above really just care about the attack anyway and I rarely see it being needed for defense. That Lucian/Hec deck has a lot of ephemeral cards that only care about being used on attack, or to trigger lucian's level up.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My new silly deck that actually does pretty well. I have won against top tier decks with it. You kind of knew the deck was coming given the lack of control on sets for creation. I present..the Zoe and Teemo tag team.

CICACAQEBIBAGCIJEMBQGBAFBMKAOAIEBAIRSNBVGY5AAAIBAECCO

I have managed to place over 100 mushrooms without leveling up Teemo and striking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly game related, but Chris Ramsay a magician on YouTube also does puzzle solving, very complex puzzles.

He received one from Riot to sponsor Legends of Runeterra. It's a pretty awesome puzzle, and it's cool that they went to this trouble to make this for him for the sponsor video.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly game related, but Chris Ramsay a magician on YouTube also does puzzle solving, very complex puzzles.

He received one from Riot to sponsor Legends of Runeterra. It's a pretty awesome puzzle, and it's cool that they went to this trouble to make this for him for the sponsor video.

Really cool puzzle box. I saw it all over Reddit yesterday and couldn't stop watching

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Free Epic Wildcard every month this year on Twitch.
I guess Riot really wants to bump up those streaming numbers.

Epic Wildcards are always the ones I never have enough of, so that's nice!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They are just randomly throwing new champions at us now:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You say that like it’s a bad thing. :)

Nah, I like it. It's just way different than what I experienced with Hearthstone for so many years lol.

I'm trying to figure out what Phase means on his weapons. Either you get a replacement moon weapon right away, or it's something you draw next round start. I never playing him in LOL but I know he does a lot of weapon swapping in combat. So being able to chain together a lot of moon weapons in a single turn seems to make sense to me, and the fact he lowers their cost by 1 helps reinforce this.

So my guess is Nightfall / Round Start you get a Moon weapon to start your chaining if you don't already have one, and then Phase allows you chain together infinite moon weapons (barring mana), in a single turn.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Nah, I like it. It's just way different than what I experienced with Hearthstone for so many years lol.

I'm trying to figure out what Phase means on his weapons. Either you get a replacement moon weapon right away, or it's something you draw next round start. I never playing him in LOL but I know he does a lot of weapon swapping in combat. So being able to chain together a lot of moon weapons in a single turn seems to make sense to me, and the fact he lowers their cost by 1 helps reinforce this.

So my guess is Nightfall / Round Start you get a Moon weapon to start your chaining if you don't already have one, and then Phase allows you chain together infinite moon weapons (barring mana), in a single turn.

There's so many fucking champions that aren't in LoR right now that are MUCH older than this piece of shit champ I just don't get why they would add him so early on. I swear every day I have less and less hope for this game. It's basically a reskinned hearthstone honestly. So much stupidly broken shit and insane RNG nonsense with invoke and now cards like this with walls of unintuitive text.

Also, burst spells completely ruin this game. There should only be fast and slow spells.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have kind of burned out on the game. I was really hoping they would have added more reasons to play the game beyond just tier climbing. The sad thing is Hearthstone's system of tier climbing is better. I had hoped that they might tweak the system to not require so many games played just to climb gems. I understand that once you got to the actual ranking that it would be difficult, but making it so time consuming just to get through the gems burned me out.

The new borders is easily the worst thing they have done. They are not exciting at all and the amount of work needed to get them is stupid. I was hoping that would have been a new kind of goal but there is nothing to it. They could have done Alt Art, new voice or even some animation with them. That would have justified the stupid requirement to get them. Instead they did something that took a skilled programmer a day to code. The border is thicker. I think there is a chrome effect but it is hard to see. That is all. The new border system gets a 1/10 both for design and implementation.

Regretfully it is that very system that has me concerned for the game. They introduced a great game system that was slowly developing but then allowed for such a poor introduction to a different system to go through. How did that new card border system pass muster?

Taking a break as I have 120,000 Gems( And the border system would have been a great way to filter down gems)and plenty of wild cards with like 20 tokens for draft.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This has been a tough meta, for me at least.
I'm not burnt out but I can't wait for the patch to hit.
I'm looking to see changes with Go Hard, Lee Sin, and The Grand Plaza

All of the decks I had fun with in past meta are garbage now.

I've been playing some Zoe/Karma and Teemo/Sejuani but they aren't decks I can consistently climb with.
Also Zoe is possibly the strongest card in the game right now, maybe needs a tweak in some way.

lol @ everyone that thought she would be garbage.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I haven’t played since I got the PS5 and AC:Valhalla, Cyberpunk and Fenyx Rising.

Card games have always been time filler for me. So my play time on them goes from nothing to every night to anything in-between. This usually prevents me from burning out outright.

It does mean sometimes that I get behind on expansions. This isn’t much of an issue with LoR as the business model is extremely generous with cards.

All that said though I still love the game and think it’s by far the best CCG out there, and Riot for the most part have done a great job balancing things and been fairly quick on addressing the meta except maybe once or twice this being one of them.

Anytime I play I still have a lot of fun.

Looking at their plan for 2021 has me excited, but I still have lots of games to play so not sure where I can find the time.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Also Zoe is possibly the strongest card in the game right now, maybe needs a tweak in some way.
How so? There's 6 different S tier decks and she isn't in a single one of them. There's 10 A tier decks and she's only in one of them. I mean she's definitely a decent card but strongest in the game? That's just retarded, she isn't even in the top 100 lol.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How so? There's 6 different S tier decks and she isn't in a single one of them. There's 10 A tier decks and she's only in one of them. I mean she's definitely a decent card but strongest in the game? That's just retarded lol. She isn't even in the top 20.

If you're just looking at win rates, then you're looking at stats completely wrong.

Look at inclusion rate. Zoe is #1 for champions, with a win rate of near 52%. She's in 47% of decks.

Of course her win rate will be lower when she's always against herself.

Her S tier deck is mostly zoe/Lee, but she sees play in tons of other decks that are competitive enough.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Only card update is Pack Your Bags now costs 5.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I like playing different but potentially powerful decks. I won 10 games in a row with it, so it has some power.

CIBAEAYABIGAWAIAAECAMDAUCURCOLZTGYAACAIBAABA

I would never have considered Demacia until I played against a deck that was similar. It is pure beat down with everyone's new nerf target( /Wave Grand Plaza) incorporated. I had one 4th round that hit for 14. Next turn I rallied. "For the Fallen" is the card that looks like nothing and suddenly wins games.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Some good card changes, should shake up the meta a bit.

The deck that isn't getting touched is the TF/Fizz deck with burblefish. Looks like it's fully in tact while every other meta deck seems to be getting hit in some way.