Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Muahahaha, just obliterated Sun Disc when the guy had 1 more unit to play to level up Azir and his Sun Disc. He raged quit. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
/rant on

Well I remember why I stopped playing Ranked...everyone ropes and now way too many games with Invoke, Aphelios, and Predict that take 20-30 to play. It’s just better to Surrender right away when I se one of those and play 3 games that don’t have these mechanics in the same amount of time.

People who rope during the Mulligan phase, then rope on turn 1 to play an Omen Hawk, and then roping to decide whether to attack or not when there is no defender, and then roping again after the attack with zero mana need to die in a fucking fire, and I hope it takes 10 hours for them to burn before they die.

/rant off

Normal is 100% more fun for me, with limited amount of time to devote to the game, playing more shorter games is just more fun, although rank and the objective of advancing is super fun and I miss it sometimes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I completed my first event, with 10 days to go so I’ve been playing way more than I usually do.

I had a disappointing day, played 10 games and was 6-4, so happy with the result really but faced Lissandra/Trundle and Fiona/Shen 3 times each, the rest were fairly varied. Now this isn‘t entirely typical, but it’s also not that uncommon. There’s honestly tons of viable deck out there, but people just netdeck and play the same stuff all the time which makes me sad...there’s so much potential for diversity in the game. It’s not just LoR though, it’s the nature of CCG in this day and age.

I just wish it was different.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This was painful, Targon’s Peak on turn 5, feel the rush for zero mana on turn 6, pulls out 10/10 Trundle and Braun. I had no way to deal with 2 10/10 with regen on turn 6 so surrendered. Not much else to do.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Haha, gotta love Mogwai, he made a fake TF/Fizz deck. It's basically a Concurrent Timeline deck that use TF, he put 1 copy of Fizz just to mislead people. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
lol.

I haven't watched mogwai in ages, he was getting a little too whiny for me tbh.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I like grapplr.

I dont watch too many streamers these days but during reveals I'll watch Swim simply because he group calls like 5 streamers and he's the most watched.

For chill streams I will watch Alanzq or BBG. No personality but usually play at a high level.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
lol.

I haven't watched mogwai in ages, he was getting a little too whiny for me tbh.

Totally agree with the whiny part, he still does it but I just love his decks. I like Grapplr too, not necessarily his deck as much.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Lots of card changes... still parsing it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Biggest things:
TF/Fizz deck gets triple nerfed
TF harder to level
Pick a Card only draws 2 now
Burble fish has less attack

Aphelios significantly nerfed
Weapons cost 3 now
Veiled temple doesn't buff Health

TF/Aphelios has 4 nerfs against it.

Dreadway costs 8 instead of 9, so Concurrent Timelines can't insta-win

---

Biggest buffs imo:
Deep gets 2 buffs
Elusives get a buff: Shadow assassin is back

Lulu, Jarvan and Shyvana buffs are just stats, might not effect much. We'll see I guess.
Fiora nerf of -1 health seems minor. Will reduce win rate slightly but Fiora/Shen will probably still be good.

Lee Sin not touched at all.
Lucian/Azir not touched
All the aggro variants not touched

---

With a huge part of the meta nerfed (TF/Fizz & TF/Aphelios), there will be a huge hole to fill. Hopefully we get something unexpected.
I don't know what Im looking for. There's a bit of variety out there still, and we still have some annoying decks that are going to shift upward. Best decks without TF/Fizz/Aphelios right now: (in no particular order)
Discard Aggro, Pirate Aggro, Ashe/Leblanc, Lucian/Azir, Lee Sin/Zoe, Fiora/Shen, Lissandra/Trundle

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I’m glad to see all of it. Game hasn’t been very fun with old decks dominating. TF has been a cancer for a while

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They buffed Lulu...BEST PATCH EVER. :)

Nothing too surprising really, a lot of these were expected in some form. It should have a pretty big impact on the meta.

TF will still be viable but less dominant. The +1 card draw with Pick a Card reduced to drawing 1 less will make it significantly harder to level up, he is still very strong if you do level him up. It's a solid change I think.

Aphelios will be in a similar situation, the sheer versatility of his Moon Weapons will keep him viable I think, but their increase cost makes them less efficient than before. I think he may end up in a good spot, really in a few decks rather than always good.

Veiled Temple is interesting, buffing the attack without buffing the health is a HUGE nerf, having a 10/3 for example is so easy to remove compare to a 10/10. The strength of the card now will be tilted way more to it giving back 2 mana providing really good tempo after it's played.

I don't think the nerf to Fiora will do much, she usually has a lot of protection.

Jarvan 4 has better stats, not sure it will make him that much more viable though. He still low health for a 6 mana, so the main issue with him remains I think.

Shyvana, I like this change It make sense thematically at least that she has fury. She should be a bit better now, not sure it's enough for her to be viable. I think Dragons are missing a 3 cost dragon, although I am not sure a baby dragon would fit really.

Lulu, not enough but she's my favorite champion...or rather the Support mechanic is one of my favorite so by extension I love her. GO PIX GO PIX GO PIX. :)

Pick a Card: The change of mana from 3 to 2, and draw 2 instead of 3 means the card is fundamentally the same as far as draw mechanics...except it nerfs TF which was a the goal. So a good change in my opinion.

Wiggly Bubblefish, much needed nerf. It was too easy to reduce it's cost and it gained way too much value at zero mana.

The Dreadway, I don't understand why they allowed the combo in the first place, even if the deck is not great it was totally garbage combo to allow. Concurrent Timelines is now possibly no longer Toxic.

Shadow Assassin and Fae Guide, I worry anytime Elusive or card that Grant elusive get buffed. Elusive can be so unfun to play against. Some of the worse meta have been elusive meta. I still think they need to introduce a keyword that allow blocking of elusive without them being elusive themselves. It would give them so much more flexibility when designing Elusive cards.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I still think they need to introduce a keyword that allow blocking of elusive without them being elusive themselves. It would give them so much more flexibility when designing Elusive cards.
I could see the Sharpsight effect becoming a keyword in the future, but it would need to be a new region that has units specifically capable of "seeing" elusive units.
Perhaps The Void since they have "detection" type abilities (Rek'Sai has Tremor Sense, for example).

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Irelia, Ziliean
Who else?

If Ziliean matches his LoL gameplay, he's going to be a really annoying champ :D

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Lots of advance countdown cards, that should be interesting.

A8431194-5165-485A-AE6C-637B94B63FB3.jpeg