Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I guess I can do the 3 expeditions now and then reset tomorrow.

Hmmm, they changed Expedition a little? I am getting MP points for wins now. I also noticed that if you are over the diamond chests for the weekly you get a Legendary card for 2000 instead of the little chest as a bonus.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm like 3-2 with Liss/Karma but I changed the deck a bit from above. This was Normals before ranked came out though.

Then I played Ascended deck, lost a few to start, made some changes, then finally got the payoff on Sun Disc and had all 3 Ascended on board when it leveled up. I didn't use Ascended Rise for it either. Instantly won afterward without being able to play anything from Emperor's deck lol.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t know what the meta will be in a few weeks but for now it’s pretty much “He who has the most Landmark removal wins” meta. :)

I saw so many things, loved it. Kindred looks sick. Leblanc might be good, she levels up so fast and reputation can be achieved really quickly. Sivir and Leblanc suffer a lot against Frostbite decks though. I saw Azir/Scouts that was interesting with Sand Soldiers attacking twice a turn.

Lissandra seems slow, as I said Landmark removal is very strong right now and hurt that deck pretty hard.

It‘s always interesting to see the game after an expansion release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t know what the meta will be in a few weeks but for now it’s pretty much “He who has the most Landmark removal wins” meta. :)

I saw so many things, loved it. Kindred looks sick. Leblanc might be good, she levels up so fast and reputation can be achieved really quickly. Sivir and Leblanc suffer a lot against Frostbite decks though. I saw Azir/Scouts that was interesting with Sand Soldiers attacking twice a turn.

Lissandra seems slow, as I said Landmark removal is very strong right now and hurt that deck pretty hard.

It‘s always interesting to see the game after an expansion release.
I mostly played with Karma/Lissandra, had a streak where I got to P3. I saw most of the same decks as you, too. Some good stuff floating around.
That Lucian/Azir deck was one of the first I went against... seems strong.

I ended up getting The Watcher payoff more then a few times. Overall, the deck feels weak, so I'll likely avoid it today.

I might go back to the Ascended list today and see how that goes. My first impressions with Nasus were quite good. So I want to get back to him.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I went 4-0 with an Azir/Quinn scout deck during lunch. I had 3 games over at turn 6, other opponent gave up on turn 3.

Quinn never got much of a chance to show up, Azir levelled twice in those 3 games that ended on turn 6, so he’s pretty easy to level up in the right deck.

My matches were against 2 Azir/Renekton mono Shurima, 1 Azir/Lucian, 4th was Azir/Hecarim...guess guy wanted to go all in Ephemeral, he’s the one that gave up right away.

All in all, lots of Azir...myself and the 4 opponents we’re playing Azir.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Link your Azir/Quinn scout deck. That deck seems like a very solid deck design.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Playing my ascended deck today, feeling pretty good about it. Had a 6 game win streak at one point.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Link your Azir/Quinn scout deck. That deck seems like a very solid deck design.
That’s the code for the deck I’ve been using Azir/Quinn. It worked well today for the few games I played so far.

CMCACAYABYBACAAJDUBQEAACAYEQIBAHAMNDGOICAECAOTADAEABKJJTAEBAIBZ3LU

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well tonight was some Azir/Hecarim ephemeral deck. I went 3-1, lost against Sivir/Leblanc which totally destroyed me. Damn these can be pretty damn powerful when the deck curves out properly. Sivir level up is scary as hell.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well tonight was some Azir/Hecarim ephemeral deck. I went 3-1, lost against Sivir/Leblanc which totally destroyed me. Damn these can be pretty damn powerful when the deck curves out properly. Sivir level up is scary as hell.

I played against an Azir/Hec deck a few times now. Seems alright, I've won/lost about an equal amount.

I have been working on a Sivir/Aphelios deck.
The concept is to be an annoying Targon deck with all the annoying Shurima cards. Lean on Cestials for end game punch if needed. And if you level up Sivir you can use Aphelios weapons on Sivir to grant all attackers the Lifesteal/Overwhelm from his weapons + Quick Attack & Spellshield that Sivir already has.

I've been bouncing between Plat 4 & 3, currently in 3 hoping to keep climbing with this.

CEBAKBAHBUKCMLLKAUBQSVC4MDMQDXIBAIBQGCKJKXNQCAQEA45W2AA

Sivir-Aphelios-lor-deck-c10keo97l6fri85pjdtg.png

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing the Azir/Hec deck and it's been pretty damn good so far. I want to build an elite deck with J4 and a Kindred deck but not massive priorities right now. I'm enjoying that and the Ascended Shurima deck enough the next few weeks and they seem fairly strong for this meta so far.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm having a blast, playing as much as I did at release. I even played a few ranked games...I know shocking. :)

In normal and ranked(just bronze, still prefer normal) I see tons of different decks. Lots of stuff with Shurima, but people going back to other stuff too now. Probably the most varied meta I've seen yet at normal or bronze. Not sure what it's like in high ranking though.

I'm at the 12/12 in the quests for the event, and something like 155/270 with 23 days left. Pretty sure I will complete this one. :)

I've been all over the place with what I play. Azir/Quinn Scouts, Azir/Hecarim Ephemeral, Kindred/Nasus Undying Slay, Sivir/Leblanc Reputation(too inconsistent though), I have a Taliyah/Aphelios deck I want to try.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Funny how Leblanc and Nasus got shit on during the review cycle and they are probably the 2 strongest champions of this release.

I have been playing a lot of Sivir/Leblanc as well as some Nasus decks. I keep fooling around and losing rank, so still P4-P3 depending on the day/time. lol.

Looks like Leblanc is seeing high success due to being a good aggro card... which is exactly what I had figured would happen. She's 12 in Win Rate across all champions, and 8th in Inclusion rate.
I think the stats are Plat+ matches.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My poor Lulu is 57th :(

Some things I've noticed playing Normal vs Rank, for one thing Normal has more diversity which I guess make sense as people are more willing to try things in Normal until they feel it's optimized enough to play in rank so as not to tank their ranking. The other thing, is matches feel significantly faster in Normal than in Ranked, again I guess it makes sense since people probably care a bit less if they make a mistake as a loss doesn't lose them ranking. The second one is the one that bugs me the most in Ranked, so many player rope all the time vs very few in Normal. I can almost play 3 games in Normal vs 2 in Ranked in same amount of time.

Yeah, as usual player evaluation during reveal is off versus what happens in actual game once the expansion is released. It's funny that it is consistently happening with both Champions and regular cards.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My poor Lulu is 57th :(

Some things I've noticed playing Normal vs Rank, for one thing Normal has more diversity which I guess make sense as people are more willing to try things in Normal until they feel it's optimized enough to play in rank so as not to tank their ranking. The other thing, is matches feel significantly faster in Normal than in Ranked, again I guess it makes sense since people probably care a bit less if they make a mistake as a loss doesn't lose them ranking. The second one is the one that bugs me the most in Ranked, so many player rope all the time vs very few in Normal. I can almost play 3 games in Normal vs 2 in Ranked in same amount of time.

Yeah, as usual player evaluation during reveal is off versus what happens in actual game once the expansion is released. It's funny that it is consistently happening with both Champions and regular cards.

I play Normals only when Ranked is disabled, which is usually for about an hour or so after an expansion drops lol.

It's still way too early to know how the meta will shake out, definitely a lot of diversity out there. I think TF/Aphelios have been reigned in a tiny bit. Aggro is still strong, especially with the meta unsettled. In fact, the strongest deck in the game is still probably Jinx/Draven discard aggro.

I see Kindred/Nasus a lot. I'm not entirely sold on the deck.

A lot of decks abusing the Ledros -> Dreadway combo. I think I ate that combo about 5x yesterday. I'm feeling after everything settles that this will be a S-tier deck and will need a nerf of some sort. It's just crazy to instantly die off this unless you have only a few specific cards IN HAND to counter it. (Hush, Recall effect, Vengeance, etc).

I was playing Marauders with Leblanc/Sivir and I feel there is some good promise there. I also saw Alanzq got Masters with a similar marauder-aggro deck. If you can get the marauders going it's nearly unstoppable. I feel there's a package out there that will abuse them hard and is still yet to be discovered.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Lots of good decks. I've been having a blast with Grapplr's Lissandra deck. It's so damn good against wide decks but can be weak to more powerful early attackers like Sivir/Leblanc. Winning through either destroying their deck or decking them is pretty damn satisfying.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't have an event pass for the Empires of Ascended. Apparently I'm about to finish a quest that will award me some Sun Discs but if I don't have the pass will I buy forfeiting these Sun Discs or will I retroactively get them when I buy a pass? Do I have to get an event pass now or can I get it later?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't have an event pass for the Empires of Ascended. Apparently I'm about to finish a quest that will award me some Sun Discs but if I don't have the pass will I buy forfeiting these Sun Discs or will I retroactively get them when I buy a pass? Do I have to get an event pass now or can I get it later?

You don’t need to buy anything if you don’t want to. There are both Free and Premium rewards for collecting Sun Discs, to get the Premium reward you need to buy the Event Pass, otherwise you will only obtain the Free rewards from the Event. The rewards are unlocked by reaching certain milestones like 10 Sun Discs, 20 Sun Discs etc...

So completing quest will get you Sun Discs, you don’t forfeit them. So go ahead.