Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finished them all. Certain abilities make it much easier to win them. Refill Mana, Attacking every turn, and +2+2 to all 1 mana creatures are the abilities that can make it easy. I have been using them for my dailies as I can progress quickly without wasting much time. Might as well have 3 diamond chests for the new expansion drop.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Revealed during the tournament earlier. I’m not familiar with LoL lore but casters seem to know what was coming based on Mimic reveal.

The first 3 are good but cost a lot, they are just awesome after Reputation though. The 4th one has some really weird statline 5/1 for 3 mana and gets you Guile which is a 1 mana slow stun, not sure how good it will be but it’s very aggro.

51290D34-89CB-41BD-8485-4FFC9B72FF9B.jpeg

BEEE3364-A1D5-4A0D-99BD-5A8CE224ABBB.jpeg
532ACAFB-C4BA-49FB-BF6F-A5A3F8804166.jpeg
B3A0BE5B-5E1A-4AAD-A8FE-4F7415562810.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I finished them all. Certain abilities make it much easier to win them. Refill Mana, Attacking every turn, and +2+2 to all 1 mana creatures are the abilities that can make it easy. I have been using them for my dailies as I can progress quickly without wasting much time. Might as well have 3 diamond chests for the new expansion drop.

I like that you also get the extra experience for normal PVP which really speeds up the push to diamond.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Revealed during the tournament earlier. I’m not familiar with LoL lore but casters seem to know what was coming based on Mimic reveal.

The first 3 are good but cost a lot, they are just awesome after Reputation though. The 4th one has some really weird statline 5/1 for 3 mana and gets you Guile which is a 1 mana slow stun, not sure how good it will be but it’s very aggro.

View attachment 338256
View attachment 338257View attachment 338258View attachment 338259
Looks like Leblanc is next reveal. I didn't know she'd be Noxus. She feels more like an Ionia champ. Should add a bit of diversity to Noxus.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any deck that feeds off dying creatures would love Dunekeeper. That is a solid card.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Leblanc:
Reddit community & streamers are all shitting on her, but in my opinion she looks decent/good.
I feel this is Zoe all over again. Her Quick Attack is being so underrated.

In my opinion she fits in a Sivir deck almost perfectly.
The 5/2 with Quick Attack on 3 mana means you basically need Mystic Shot or Single Combat. Otherwise she's going to start eating your board.
I see her as a Draven almost. He has 1 more health but 2 less attack and of course he's used for his Axes.

Leblanc's level up doesn't seem worth it at all. I just want her for the 3 mana 5/2 with Quick Attack.
She needs to "See" like 30 damage before you even take advantage of her level up...

Sigil of Malice:
If you aren't in P&Z for Mystic then this card should be required.

Mirror Image:
If you get this for free then ok, doesn't look main deckable.

Black Rose Spy:
Hinges on how easy you can earn Reputation.
Can get multiple Leblanc's / Sivirs / Ruin Runners fairly easily.

Thorn of the Rose:
Worse than Spider, but the 5 attack might be relevant. Also can be useful in Yasuo deck.

Mimic:
Hinges on how easy you can earn Reputation.
Looks really great with Reputation.

Whispered Words:
Looks like an auto-include Noxus card for most decks, even Aggro probably runs this card.

Bloody Business:
Looks required in these 5 attack decks.

Dunekeeper:
This 1 drop looks insane to me, idk. 4 Nexus damage on turn 1 if you can't block anything.
Shurima Aggro seems very possible.

Emperor's Dais:
Probably sees a lot of play especially since it's likely required with Azir, but also just looks fine. Might strengthen Ephemeral archetype. Triggers Shark Chariot so easily.

Sandcrafter:
For 4 mana this is lacking a bit.

Desert's Wrath:
Looks good for this type of deck.

Inspiring Marshal:
This & Desert's Wrath means your Sand Soldiers do 4+ damage all of a sudden, and 5+ to Nexus.
Thick body too. IMO this card sees play.

Sandstone Chimera:
Shouldn't be hard to make this 0 mana. Could potentially drop it turn 3 or 4.
I feel these cards rarely see play simply because they lack flexibility & are just a vanilla pile of stats.
I think it is tried but won't see as much play.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Leblanc: Bland is the first thing that came to mind, and most likely not that great. After thinking about it more, she might not be as bad as my impression was. I mean 2 health is not great on a mana card, but at 5 attack and Quick Attack nothing can block her and live until Maybe turn 5. She’s easy to remove with spells though or with a challenger. I only see her being played with Sivir in a Reputation deck, and mostly just to enable Reputation and contribute to Sivir damage requirement.

Sigil of Malice: It’s not bad honestly. Even at 4 mana to deal 2 to anything it’s kinda playable. At 1 mana it’s just great though, one more burn tool for Noxus.

Mirror Image: Token from leveled up Leblanc. Pretty good but hard to get, you need to level up Leblanc which isn’t going to be easy since she needs to “see” the 15 damage, then she needs to see you deal 15 damage again.

Black Rose Spy: Great card, 3/2 for 2 mana is premium statline, so good even if not Reputation enabled. It’s just awesome when reputation isn’t enabled though, might be some ways to break stuff up. Only downside really is she will most of the time be played after the attack phase so she won’t have an impact the turn she comes in...aside from Strikes.

Thorn of the Rose: Awful, why play this over an Arachnoid Sentry 3/2 with stun upon entry that survives 1 damage ping. Maybe in a reputation deck, but honestly don’t see it.

Mimic: Great card, pretty versatile especially when Reputation is enable, but costly but still useful if not.

Whispered Words: Absolutely awesome, even at 4 mana it’s still pretty good, I mean it’s a better Salvage, at 2 it’s the best draw in the game. It’s even better because it’s in Noxus which doesn’t have much card draw. Great addition.

Bloody Business: Decent, will help with Reputation. It will allow fir a way to deal 5 as reaction to removal.

Dunekeeper: I think it’s a great 1 drop. 2 bodies is always nice, and the Sand Soldier doing 2 damage total to Nexus if not blocked is great. Could often be a 4 damage on first turn.

Emperor’s Dais: Might be good in a Ephemeral deck, having an extra Ephemeral each time you attack will impact lots of cards.

Sand Crafter: I think this is going to be decent in some decks, it’s a 4/6 over 2 bodies when it attacks and can deal an extra damage to Nexus if the Sand Soldier isn’t blocked. There’s possibility here.

Desert's Wrath: Niche card, but pretty good for what it does.

Inspiring Marshall: I think this is good, the 6 health will insure it stays on board so you get good value from the buffs he gives.

Sandstone Chimera: It will come out very cheap pretty often, so might see play in a few decks, especially in a Reputation deck where you get a 5+ damage that will actually stay on the board.

After thinking about it more, I think reputation might be very easy to achieve. I think the archtype will see some play. We've seen decks based on 5+ attack before with Trifarian Assessor which were close to being good but not quite, I think these might make the archetype viable. A lot of these starting with Leblanc seems very limited though.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That sand soldier deck is going to be sick. It’s going to be a natural fit with Hecarim and SI but the cord of 5 main cards(15 total) is so easy to fit in any aggro deck. Inspiring marshal interesting. Does Grand Plaza do more or is there a place for both in a competitive meta?

I also think reputation is viable. Lots of 5 att units suddenly to get you there.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Only 4 Collectible cards here:

Azir
Azir's Rise
Rite of Negation
Emperor's Divide

Azir : Looks fun as hell and I really want that level 3 deck
Azir's Rise: Cute, not main deckable probably, like most champ spells. It's a Burst Speed unit summon which can be insane. So we'll see...
Rite of Negation: Looks insane, wtf
Emperor's Divide: Can play as early as turn 4, also looks really good. Especially if you've given your soldiers +attack already and you can just wipe out the enemy board.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn this looks fun, I want that Emperor‘s Deck. :)

Azir: Weird statline but it works I think since he’s an engine and you want a thick body so he stays alive to provide value.

Arise: Looks ok for champion signature spell. It might see play, in late game if you can cast it a few times you may get good values if they come out buffed. Ultimately it won’t see much play outside of signature version.

Rite of Negation: Seems very powerful in some situations, but more costly Deny in others. Although in a deck with a bunch of ephemeral you probably dont care about the cost. Also can be interacted with by killing the unit meant to be killed and the spell fizzles. It’s really cool though, and will be very powerful in some cases.

Emperor’s Divide: This seems pretty good, only counter is Deny or Rite of Negation, so even though it’s slow it will be reliable and could be very impactful. Could be used to board wipe the enemy, or do massive damage to Nexus if 3-4 aren’t blocked. Fast way to level up Axir too.

I won’t evaluate the cards from the Emperor’s Deck other than to say they all look overpowered. Lots of card draw so you wont run out of ressource with that deck. I wonder what the actual deck looks like. How many cards, how many of each etc...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
ROFL when she played Ascended Rise. So many level up animations. 6 of them back to back, 7 if count the sun disc. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Only card nerf is Aphelios loses 1 health.

A little disappointing. I guess we'll see if any of the current S-tier decks get sidelined over something new.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So now that everything has been announced. Here's my thought as far as Champions are concerned in terms of what I like to play.

Taliyah: She's probably the one I am looking forward the most. I like her design, and he playstyle (Landmark based) is something new that I find intriguing. Probably the first deck I'll try. I'm not sure who I want to play her with yet.

Kindred: This is another that I find really interesting. I want to try it in an Undying type of deck.

Azir, Nasus, and Renekton: Mono Shurima with Sun Disc just for the big payoffs. Not really something I'd play on regular basis though.

Azir: Not sure exactly with what either, but I like his design. No Sun Disc though.

Sivir: I just like her level up ability. Probably means Leblanc as support in the deck to help level her.

Lissandra: I want a tough Nexus, and I like the Frozen Thralls. I am not so excited by the Watcher though, Pretty sure a game where you summoned 4 x 8 mana units is pretty much won most of the time already. :)

Jarvan IV: I really like his design, although I am generally not a fan of Demacia. I'm curious if when you attack if your rightmost unit is a Support unit and Jarvan IV appears on the right of it, does he get supported or will the Support effect be resolves before he hits the board.

Nasus and Renekton: I've never been a fan of Fearsome or Overwhelm decks so they'll most likely be last if at all.

Leblanc: No decks around her, she most likely will be in a Sivir deck though.

There's a few existing that are getting new cards that might be worth revisiting, we'll see.

Aphelios nerf is unlikely to do much. I've said before I don't think he's the problem exactly, The Moon Weapons are simply too versatile and too easy to cycle through. Being a bit easier to remove might help somewhat, but not by much. I've never really thought to myself...if only he had 1 health less that all would be fine. They either need to make the Moon Weapons 3 mana, or require 3 spells to cycle through them.

I can't wait for tomorrow. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So now that everything has been announced. Here's my thought as far as Champions are concerned in terms of what I like to play.

Taliyah: She's probably the one I am looking forward the most. I like her design, and he playstyle (Landmark based) is something new that I find intriguing. Probably the first deck I'll try. I'm not sure who I want to play her with yet.

Kindred: This is another that I find really interesting. I want to try it in an Undying type of deck.

Azir, Nasus, and Renekton: Mono Shurima with Sun Disc just for the big payoffs. Not really something I'd play on regular basis though.

Azir: Not sure exactly with what either, but I like his design. No Sun Disc though.

Sivir: I just like her level up ability. Probably means Leblanc as support in the deck to help level her.

Lissandra: I want a tough Nexus, and I like the Frozen Thralls. I am not so excited by the Watcher though, Pretty sure a game where you summoned 4 x 8 mana units is pretty much won most of the time already. :)

Jarvan IV: I really like his design, although I am generally not a fan of Demacia. I'm curious if when you attack if your rightmost unit is a Support unit and Jarvan IV appears on the right of it, does he get supported or will the Support effect be resolves before he hits the board.

Nasus and Renekton: I've never been a fan of Fearsome or Overwhelm decks so they'll most likely be last if at all.

Leblanc: No decks around her, she most likely will be in a Sivir deck though.

There's a few existing that are getting new cards that might be worth revisiting, we'll see.

Aphelios nerf is unlikely to do much. I've said before I don't think he's the problem exactly, The Moon Weapons are simply too versatile and too easy to cycle through. Being a bit easier to remove might help somewhat, but not by much. I've never really thought to myself...if only he had 1 health less that all would be fine. They either need to make the Moon Weapons 3 mana, or require 3 spells to cycle through them.

I can't wait for tomorrow. :)

My thoughts on the expansion:

Of the new Champions, these look strongest to me:

Sivir
Jarvan
Kindred

These 3 champions look to provide so much value/control. They have few hurdles to use them well. I am looking at a Sivir/J4 deck by BBG and feel it could be a Tier A or better right out the gate.

Of the new Champions, I feel we might get some surprises:

Leblanc
Nasus

These 2 champions are getting dunked on by the community. I don't see them as too weak. Leblanc is so cheap, she looks good to me.
Nasus is getting overshadowed by Azir and Renekton, but his Level 2 form is Fearsome & Spellshield. I feel like he might turn into the strongest of the Ascended. Especially with a deck tailored to powering him up & comboing with Atrocity possibly.

I am hopeful there is enough TF/Aphelios hate in the new expansion that the meta can shift away from them. Shurima is bringing a lot of different combat tricks that can potentially shit all over these champions, especially with the new 2 health Aphelios too.

For me, I look forward to playing Sivir most of all. I might even craft her Golden right away.

I have theorycrafted an Ascended deck & a Lissandra deck.
After mulling over these decks/champions, I feel the concepts for these will just be too clunky.
Maybe after LOTS of playtesting then we get to a version that works, but I'm not seeing it right now.

For Lissandra I really hate forcing her into a Trundle deck, but that's likely the best way to go.
Problem I see is you can level up Lissandra easily with Trundle, but then what? You need too many other resources to make Watcher work.
Lissandra doesn't work well with Feel the Rush at all either, so that also limits you.
So I decided to do a Warmother's Call concept and I put in Karma for the guaranteed warmother cast.
Warmother's will poop out 8 costs and make Watcher 0 cost eventually, and also late game Karma is an Alt win Con.

Rough Draft of that:

For Ascended deck, here's a rough concept:
Protecting Sun Disc is going to be an issue so I have 3 Negations for that.
If Sun Disc dies, then you try to lean on Renek & Nasus to end the game

Here is BBG's Sivir/J4 deck:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will start with 3 Expeditions. I like seeing how cards play out through that format and it is ideal with a set start. That video was pretty crazy with all the transformations. The deck looked pretty fun.

I suck at deck building and will let better minds work on that.