Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I keep wondering if the Eclipse Dragon could be good in a Daybreak deck, with Ravhun on board, you could trigger both its Daybreak and Nightfall effect at the same time. So you get a discount of 2 mana for either the Dragon or Celestial you just created without the need to have dragons or celestials in the deck.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I keep wondering if the Eclipse Dragon could be good in a Daybreak deck, with Ravhun on board, you could trigger both its Daybreak and Nightfall effect at the same time. So you get a discount of 2 mana for either the Dragon or Celestial you just created without the need to have dragons or celestials in the deck.

I have a Daybreak Sol deck so I'll give it a shot for fun. It's super powerful even if inconsistent. I think Swim has the best opinion on it. Fantastic enabler of a turn 8 Aurelion Sol and that's enough.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Patch Notes 1.12

Not very many changes...

Genevieve Elmheart: Health from 5 to 4

Bastion: Cost from 3 to 4

Hush: Loses it's repeatable effect and now cost 2

Living Legends: Only refills mana gems only(no longer spell mana).

And that's it, Lee Sin changes coming with 1.13.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't really trying but was diamond 1 and since they announced ranked resetting i decided to grind masters. Took 3 attempts at the final boss lol.

I wasn't sure if ranked would be reset between these mini expansions

Regarding the changes.. the bastion change is nice. The others seem reasonable too.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm really liking Dragons right now. Not sure how viable they'll be but I feel like they can be strong. Lots of options on how to build it though.

I haven't tried Soraka or Tahm yet, I saw Swim using them to some success and I've faced them some, but I am liking playing with Dragons right now

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played some Sokara/Tahm deck with the Star Spring Landmark. It was pretty decent.

I won with Tahm being the hero, he can really dominate games in some situation but I face a Shen/Fiora deck and Tahm was completely shut down by Barriers.

I was able to win a few games with Star Spring which can be pretty easy to reach its win condition.

Sokara was disappointing in the few games I played, she’s good at helping Star Spring reach it’s win condition.

All in all a pretty interesting first day.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This is really good news, and it's amazing LoR will have in-game tournaments while HS has scrapped the idea entirely.
A flourishing competitive scene open to everyone should be a nice draw.
$10K for 1 person, weak prizing tbh, but hopefully it grows as this matures.
I'm really happy to see tournaments, but they didn't say much about the Rules.
Top 700 hasn't been too difficult in the past. We'll see how much action there will be in Masters now, and if any new faces show up in the LoR competitive scene.
Due to other things going on, I likely won't be trying very hard to compete, right now I'm playing on my phone a bit but that's it. No time to be super committed.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not a fan of the new expansion. It feels weak.

The new kind of card should not have taken a creature slot on the board. I got the healing one to fire off but I always hate getting a second one in my hand. They should have given them a return ability similar to Legendaries. They could have also just allowed for an alternate way of using them.

I like the tournament idea but they should offer prizes through top 10 at least. The game has a lot of random and the person I feel the most for will be the person who places 2nd.

I am kind of burnt out on the game. Gems need to be able to purchase more. It is too easy to get cards and so gems just continue to build up. Maybe Gems will be able to purchase Alt Art cards. That would work.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think I heard they intend to award prizes to the top 32. But no idea.

I don't know about the expansion being weak, I've been seeing a lot of different stuff, but aggro and Lee sin decks do stamp out a lot of things.

We'll see i guess.
Imo the meta isn't solved yet

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Patch Notes 1.13

Lee Sin: Mana 4 to 5 and Health 4 to 5. So a nerf, his Heath is mostly irrelevant him coming one turn later should be substantial.

Make it rain: Mana from 2 to 3. Welcome change, going to hurt the card a lot I think but still playable.

That is it, bigger balance patch in 2 weeks.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Lee still seems very playable. And the higher health just means even harder to remove.
Not sure if it'll really do much at all tbh.

Make it rain, good. Too easy to keep 2 mana saved, hurts aggro decks and swain/tf decks quite a bit imo.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
New event trailer and details.

New cards that can be earned during the event.

3C41A01B-5BF5-46BF-955A-56D099204C8D.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I hadn‘t played in almost 2 weeks, got tired of Lee Sin and aggro...but also knew event was coming and that I would be playing a lot more for the duration so took a little break to not burn out. Felt good, always like taking a break once in while. Feels refreshed when I come back and game is more fun. :)

I went 5-1 with a Lulu/Jinx deck and managed to complete 3 regular daily quests and the first 2 event quest. Rewards feel less interesting this time around, well not a fan of the thematic of the KDA event. Still I just love getting stuff so will try to complete it, most likely will come a bit short like the previous one, but still is fun.

I went 1-1 against Lee Sin tonight, nerf might not be enough, it’s still too consistent and too many ways to protect him.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I did some labs so far. These new spells are powerful when they go off, time will tell how they effect the meta. I feel like some should see play. The recall one is pretty strong, I might try it in my deep deck.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The event has some pretty challenging quests. I’ve been doing a bunch of them against the AI because otherwise I doubt I could do them playing somewhat casually.

Like cast 50 spells that cost 5 mana or more, or win games after 10 rounds, play cards whose cost has been reduced(Heimerdinger for the win on that one). I feel the amount of currency for some of these is pretty low.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There are a lot of quests, but plenty of time I think. I'm pretty sure Ill be fine finishing the pass without grinding out everything.

Regarding the new spells, so far I'm seeing viable play from at least 3 of them: Feel the Rush, Go Get It, Go Hard.
I think what's holding them back is the speed of unlocking them.
Seeing a lot of Feel the Rush & Go Get It right now.
Feel the Rush seems a bit stronger than Warmother's Call and has just about replaced it in that deck.
I saw a bit of Go Get It tried today. Ez/Karma, Yasuo, etc.
There was a Go Hard deck that crushed me a couple days ago but I haven't seen it since, probably because it takes longer to unlock. I think this card will be the most played of them all.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I stand at 156 at the midway point, I may actually have time to complete this event.

I had the quest to target 75 allies so I played Lee Sin deck which was perfect for this, damn the deck is consistent it’s ridiculous. It’s fun to play but not fun to play against.

I love these events, they force you to play decks you might not otherwise which can be cool, although at the same time some objectives take too long to achieve which can be boring sometimes. Still overall I enjoyed both events so far and hope they continue to have them every now and again.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Patch Notes 1.14

Lots of changes, 7 champions affected.

Lucian: Can now trigger the same round as leveling up.

Shyvana: 1 Power Increase.

Vladimir: Attack: For each attacking ally on my right, deal 1 to it and 1 to the enemy Nexus. Only needs to had 5+ allies take damage and survive instead of 6.

Trundle: Loses 1 Health.
Ice Pillar: Loses 2 Health.

Ezreal: You've targeted 6+ enemies this game, instead of 10+. Level Up version: Nexus Strike: Create a Fleeting Mystic Shot in hand. When you cast a spell, deal 1 to the enemy Nexus. If it targeted an enemy, deal 2 to the enemy Nexus instead.

Jinx: Can now trigger the same round as leveling up.

Taric: +1 Power.

All in all I like these, all buffs except for Trundle.

I really like the changes to Vladimir, easier to level, and more flexibility when attacking since he won't necessary hurt everyone. Not sure if that will make him competitive but it's an interesting approach.

Ezreal is also pretty interesting redesign. I think the new redesign is going to give them more flexibility to tweak him if he's out of balance, I feel he'll also be a lot less frustrating to play against.