Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Too many changes to know what's going to be broken. But I'm definitely scared about the Jinx change, and a tiny bit scared for the Lucian change.

Dragons got a buff with Shyvana & Eclipse

Ezreal & Vlad are very smart changes that can go either way. Ezreal is weakened now but easier level up is huge. Vlad is so interesting now that you can decide what allies to damage & not.

Minah just started seeing play in a new Feel the Rush Ramp deck, so Im a little scared of these buffs. However, Trundle & Ramp get nerfed a bit too.

In all, my Deep deck is untouched :)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Patch Notes 1.14

Lots of changes, 7 champions affected.

Lucian: Can now trigger the same round as leveling up.

Shyvana: 1 Power Increase.

Vladimir: Attack: For each attacking ally on my right, deal 1 to it and 1 to the enemy Nexus. Only needs to had 5+ allies take damage and survive instead of 6.

Trundle: Loses 1 Health.
Ice Pillar: Loses 2 Health.

Ezreal: You've targeted 6+ enemies this game, instead of 10+. Level Up version: Nexus Strike: Create a Fleeting Mystic Shot in hand. When you cast a spell, deal 1 to the enemy Nexus. If it targeted an enemy, deal 2 to the enemy Nexus instead.

Jinx: Can now trigger the same round as leveling up.

Taric: +1 Power.

All in all I like these, all buffs except for Trundle.

I really like the changes to Vladimir, easier to level, and more flexibility when attacking since he won't necessary hurt everyone. Not sure if that will make him competitive but it's an interesting approach.

Ezreal is also pretty interesting redesign. I think the new redesign is going to give them more flexibility to tweak him if he's out of balance, I feel he'll also be a lot less frustrating to play against.

I really like that they are constantly working to make all their champions relevant and keep their cards fair. It's such a refreshing change from Hearthstone and I'll definitely be experimenting this week on those changes.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Surprised on a couple of those changes.

I am loving the Lab at the moment. Having fun trying to create well made decks for each of the conditions. I have had some really good games that went for a descent amount of time and could have gone either way. I find that often times I enjoy the lab more than the regular play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm, so I got Masters yesterday which keeps my streak alive of Masters every season.

I figured getting into the 1st tournament might be hard, but with only 36 LP in Masters I'm ranked 478 of 650
Top 700 by Dec 4th will be entered into the tournament.

Seems like I better start getting a deck lineup.

I haven't played any of the meta decks lately, I just played Deep & Tahm/Soraka this run to Masters.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm, so I got Masters yesterday which keeps my streak alive of Masters every season.

I figured getting into the 1st tournament might be hard, but with only 36 LP in Masters I'm ranked 478 of 650
Top 700 by Dec 4th will be entered into the tournament.

Seems like I better start getting a deck lineup.

I haven't played any of the meta decks lately, I just played Deep & Tahm/Soraka this run to Masters.
Grats, and good luck in the tournament if you make it. :)

My play time got drastically reduced with the release of AC:Valhalla. I was on pace to possibly get all the event rewards, now I'm barely going to break 200 if that. I also ran into the same issue as the first event, once you completed all the quest and are left with the repeatable Win 3 for 3 currency I get kinda bored of the event and the grind.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Grats, and good luck in the tournament if you make it. :)

My play time got drastically reduced with the release of AC:Valhalla. I was on pace to possibly get all the event rewards, now I'm barely going to break 200 if that. I also ran into the same issue as the first event, once you completed all the quest and are left with the repeatable Win 3 for 3 currency I get kinda bored of the event and the grind.

I didn't even bother with the quests and just unlocked it all naturally. I haven't even looked at the quests. It seems like there was a login bonus or something though. I wasn't really paying attention. Every day I logged in it seemed like I unlocked the next tier. Weird.

Valhalla looks really pretty.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Nice:

Round Timer Update

Banked Time

You’re on borrowed time. Act quickly to bank extra time for later rounds where it may be more useful.

• Time Banking: Ending your turn earlier will bank extra time. Once you’ve stored up some time, you can spend it on more complex turns that require a little extra thought.
  • Time Falloff: Taking identical actions (i.e. Vault Breaker) within a round gives less additional time each time that action is taken (no more infinite rounds!). It’s not super aggressive right now, but we’ll be keeping an eye on the system’s effectiveness and player feedback for fine-tuning in future patches.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now they just need a speed version. I would love if a player had 10 seconds to make a play.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So, with the big tourney happening in about a week, what do you guys think are the top 3 decks? I've had best results with Deep but I'm really enjoying a Mogwai build using Malista and Twisted Fate. Swim has been trying to get unlimited pack your bags. A y suggestions?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So, with the big tourney happening in about a week, what do you guys think are the top 3 decks? I've had best results with Deep but I'm really enjoying a Mogwai build using Malista and Twisted Fate. Swim has been trying to get unlimited pack your bags. A y suggestions?

Will you be playing it or just curious about the meta?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm hoping for one of the last spots through the gauntlet but meta in general is cool too.
This is a nice article on it, saw it on reddit a day or 2 ago.

Based on my very limited competitive CCG experience, aggro can get you decently far but Mid/Control usually win in the end.
Only Firebat winning the 1st HS championship with all Aggro seems to have beaten this trend... maybe I'm wrong, I don't pay super close attention.

In any case, I hate aggro anyway and I'm just going to play the 3 decks I'm most experienced with right now, which all happen to be control oriented:

Deep, Soraka/Tahm, and a Trundle/Hecarim deck that's got me to the top 150 in Masters.

I'll look to ban out Scouts in most cases I think. I need to customize the lineups a bit. I haven't given it too much thought yet.

My strengths: Should be good vs most aggro but Scouts always eek it out with the rallies.
Vs other control, like the Anivia decks and such, Deep counters them pretty hard and my Trundle/Hec is good into it.
Soraka/Tahm got me to Masters this season and just seems solid.

Weaknesses: Feel the Rush decks with Atrocity/Ledros combo, Ionia decks with Deny, and Aggro is always a concern.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Tournament cut is supposed to be at 00:00 PT , Dec,. 4th. So as of this post that's like 10 hrs away.

I'm cutting it super close at 118 LP and ranked 584 or so. Players are grinding out super hard. I'm hoping 116 people won't pass me in the next 10 hours.

My peak was 250 LP and I ended up playing and playing and losing a ton. Kinda dumb maybe, but better to keep sharp with the meta I think. I did fall to 0 LP a few times since. I am afraid to play more right now. Lol. Fingers crossed

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yikes, lost like 20 positions in an hour so forced myself to play another. Stressful but won, 138 lp and top 400 now. Should be good enough

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
1st round. Opponent forfeits before we even start... 1-0 , next round in an hour

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Finished 3-2.... I won 2 of those to forfeits. Meaning I only played 3 rounds and won 1 of the 2.
I feel like I got high rolled in the 2 losses pretty hard, oh well. I believe I get the card back, which is all I could have expected.

My initial impression is that... wow, they really did a great job building out the in-game client. It went very smoothly.
I hear some feedback on the competitiveness of the tournament, and sure, I can agree it's not the greatest format. But I don't see this as a tournament for the best-of-the-best. It's a stepping stone to getting to a more formalized structure.

I really hope that someday we see Daily tournaments and then there is MMR ranking based on those results, and eventually you get the top players from that.

I play this game on my phone almost 100% and did the tournament on my phone too. It also went very smoothly playing on mobile.
I'm very excited for the future of tournaments in this game. All I can say is it's above and beyond what I expected. Especially since Blizzard spent years TRYING to develop in-game tournaments and then scrapped it... the LoR team did it before the game was even 1 year old. Amazing.

Also, it's new card season.

teaser trailer for the next mini-expansion:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finished 3-2.... I won 2 of those to forfeits. Meaning I only played 3 rounds and won 1 of the 2.
I feel like I got high rolled in the 2 losses pretty hard, oh well. I believe I get the card back, which is all I could have expected.

My initial impression is that... wow, they really did a great job building out the in-game client. It went very smoothly.
I hear some feedback on the competitiveness of the tournament, and sure, I can agree it's not the greatest format. But I don't see this as a tournament for the best-of-the-best. It's a stepping stone to getting to a more formalized structure.

I really hope that someday we see Daily tournaments and then there is MMR ranking based on those results, and eventually you get the top players from that.

I play this game on my phone almost 100% and did the tournament on my phone too. It also went very smoothly playing on mobile.
I'm very excited for the future of tournaments in this game. All I can say is it's above and beyond what I expected. Especially since Blizzard spent years TRYING to develop in-game tournaments and then scrapped it... the LoR team did it before the game was even 1 year old. Amazing.

Also, it's new card season.

teaser trailer for the next mini-expansion:

Nice to hear they did a good job with the client and tournament.

New cards is always fun, not that I've played much since I got the PS5 and Valhalla, and it's unlikely to change with Cyberpunk coming out this week. I think in last 3-4 weeks I've ranked my vault to 4 or 5 max.

• 1Like