Letterkenny

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like I have missed the last 2-3 seasons of this show. Need to catch up I think.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like I have missed the last 2-3 seasons of this show. Need to catch up I think.
tenor.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Those sneaky fucking Canuckistanis. Like two weeks ago it was floating around online that they had just announced that filming of Season 9 wouldn't begin until at least the middle of 2021 because the cost of insurance for the crew was too high with COVID.

Cheaky fuckers!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, so Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I just one seating binged season 2. (Discovered this show last month). Does it keep up this level through season 8?

Seriously, she and I haven't laughed that hard at something on the TV in my memory. Specifically the description of Squirrely Dan's Date Night where his ladyfriend suggested he needed attention paid to his "butts hole".

And for those that don't know, Substitute minor league baseball for hockey and this series could just as easily be filmed in Oklahoma.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I just got hulu so I started watching a couple days ago. So far pretty good, but the funniest part to me is that now I know @Dom was trying to front like he was the toughest guy in foh back when he went on that wayne kick.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
OK, so Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I just one seating binged season 2. (Discovered this show last month). Does it keep up this level through season 8?

Seriously, she and I haven't laughed that hard at something on the TV in my memory. Specifically the description of Squirrely Dan's Date Night where his ladyfriend suggested he needed attention paid to his "butts hole".

And for those that don't know, Substitute minor league baseball for hockey and this series could just as easily be filmed in Oklahoma.
Yes it holds up. Arguably It gets better as the jocks and skids become more likable. It vmbecomes the avengers as the team keeps expanding.

Just wait for Ron and Daxxy.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, initially the ancillary characters are all pretty irritating. They exist solely as an excuse for wayne to look good, but pretty quickly they all become pretty likeable without actually changing that dynamic.

And there are several episodes where they all stick up for each other without question which gives off the impression that they all think each other are gutter trash but if anyone else calls them that everyone is going to war. "They are retards, but they are OUR retards."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Native Flu episode immediately comes to mind.

It's a great show.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought the radio show season (7?) was kinda meh, but the show is fucking great. Even the low point episodes are good for a couple laughs.

Season 9 so far has been kinda hit or miss. The standout episode so far is definitely episode 2 (I'm on episode 6). Listening coach describe sex with his wife while totally hammered had me fucking dying. Plus, the whole thing with the kids at Modean's was pretty great too.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I thought the radio show season (7?) was kinda meh, but the show is fucking great. Even the low point episodes are good for a couple laughs.

Season 9 so far has been kinda hit or miss. The standout episode so far is definitely episode 2 (I'm on episode 6). Listening coach describe sex with his wife while totally hammered had me fucking dying. Plus, the whole thing with the kids at Modean's was pretty great too.
Really? I fucking loved the radio show. One if my favorite seasons.

• 1Seriously?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
By radio show do you mean "Crack and Ag"? That was local access cable.... And it was pretty golden. The one featuring McMurray's newfound measurements was a work of art.

My only problem is I'm getting this feeling that any time they need witty banter delivered they're just falling back on the creator and telling him to do another "funny voice" so they're all starting to sound the same to me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Really? I fucking loved the radio show. One if my favorite seasons.
Yeah, I don't know what it was, but that season fell mostly flat for me. There were some highlights, as there are with all seasons of the show, but it wasn't nearly on the same level as a season 5 or season 8 to me. It's probably my least favorite season, honestly.

I was actually pretty worried that the show might've blown its load by the end of season 5, especially since season 6 and 7 were back to back "meh" seasons. But, they totally brought me right back into it after season 8 (probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite).

Season 9 was overall probably somewhere in the bottom-middle of my favorites. It started off as having potential to be my all-time favorite (episode 2 is probably in my top 3 episodes of all-time), but mostly petered out after episode 2. The sleepover episode and American Buck and Doe were about the only other episodes worth noting.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Season 9 was pretty weak. I think the biggest problem was there was no subplot, or at least there didn't feel like there was one, in this season. They also spent way too much screen time on that rename game gag or whatever you'd call it. It felt like every other scene was that specific gag. And, they also left a lot of characters out either entirely (The Dyck family) or gave them almost no screen time at all (Tandis, The McMurrays)

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Season 9 was pretty weak. I think the biggest problem was there was no subplot, or at least there didn't feel like there was one, in this season. They also spent way too much screen time on that rename game gag or whatever you'd call it. It felt like every other scene was that specific gag. And, they also left a lot of characters out either entirely (The Dyck family) or gave them almost no screen time at all (Tandis, The McMurrays)

Season 9 was also shot extremely weird. Basically 0 outdoor locations and they used the fuck out of Wayne's house as the "with your pals the other day..." locale. Not to mention plenty of other scenes taking place there. Which is odd, because that location is very rarely used. I'm thinking Covid must've had an impact on writing/filming.

Fadaar

That guy
With how stupid Canada has been regarding Covid it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't travel much if at all

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I think the allure of repetitive accumulation humor has worn off on me, I can barely get through the first three episodes of this season. It feels like they had just a few minutes of material for the whole season so far and have just padded the shit out of everything. Katie rapping and then another episode has a five minute scene of the girls dancing that ties into nothing. The bread and butter is comforting repetition of gags but this season just feels really lazy and rudderless

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I think the allure of repetitive accumulation humor has worn off on me, I can barely get through the first three episodes of this season. It feels like they had just a few minutes of material for the whole season so far and have just padded the shit out of everything. Katie rapping and then another episode has a five minute scene of the girls dancing that ties into nothing. The bread and butter is comforting repetition of gags but this season just feels really lazy and rudderless
Wayne had no girl troubles, nor did he have a girl to actually impress so there is a lot of filler needed. They tried to use his current girl to fill the space, but she isn't very good at filling in for the better cast members. Honestly I dislike her character greatly when she is actually interacting with the cast and not just showing up for a few seconds while being referenced as Wayne's girl.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users