Letterkenny

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
4.83 star(s) Rating: 4.83/5 6 Votes
Title: Letterkenny

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2016-02-07

Creator: Jared Keeso

Cast: Jared Keeso, Nathan Dales, Michelle Mylett, K. Trevor Wilson, Lisa Codrington, Alexander De Jordy, Andrew Herr, Tyler Johnston, Dylan Playfair

Overview: Letterkenny follows Wayne, a good-ol’ country boy in Letterkenny, Ontario trying to protect his homegrown way of life on the farm, against a world that is constantly evolving around him. The residents of Letterkenny belong to one of three groups: Hicks, Skids, and Hockey Players. The three groups are constantly feuding with each other over seemingly trivial matters; often ending with someone getting their ass kicked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 109112[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Letterkenny[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-02-07[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Letterkenny follows Wayne, a good-ol’ country boy in Letterkenny, Ontario trying to protect his homegrown way of life on the farm, against a world that is constantly evolving around him. The residents of Letterkenny belong to one of three groups: Hicks, Skids, and Hockey Players. The three groups are constantly feuding with each other over seemingly trivial matters; often ending with someone getting their ass kicked.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Canadian show about a hicktown in Ontario. Wrapped up a 6 episode first season and got upped for a second. Anyone else catch it? Very dry and quick witted.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Northerner

N00b
I thought it was incredibly funny but then again, I grew up in Ontario and have been to many a hick town there. Some things never change!

I don't know how funny people will find it in general though but I enjoyed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm a yankee born and raised and thought it was pretty funny. I like quick, sharp sarcasm.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's pretty goddamn hilarious. I discovered it from a youtube video someone linked about "fuck I could watch kids falling off bikes all day; I don't give a shit about your kids" scene, and followed the rabbit-hole until I had seen the entire first season. Pretty much non-stop laughs.

I've only watched a few episodes so far. I really enjoyed the first two, but didn't like the third one at all. I'll keep going with hope that the Fartbook episode was an exception.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
The possum church scene at the start of Ep5 is hillarious.

Most of the show is pretty good, but agree that the Fartbook episode was meh at best overall.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Show was hilarious. Fartbook was definitely a departure and the low point of the 6 episodes.

Binged all 6 in a row with a friend after sending him that cold open from above.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The ostrich running gag had to be my favorite. How everyone just gets real quiet every time it's brought up.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was coming here to see if this had been posted yet, I just watched all the promos on YouTube and I'm dying. I'm going to have to watch these.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only problem with watching this show in the legal sense is that it is on some random ass canadian stream deal that you cannot get in the states. Crave TV is kind of blocked by US service providers or something, and while I would totally toss them money they apparently don't want yankee ass Tubman/Jackson bills.

Sad times.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I caught all 6, I thought they were good, agreed that Fartbook wasn't as good as the others.

I had to sit through several seasons of Trailer Park Boys, and I was never really into it, possibly because I don't smoke.

I like the hicks as protagonists and their general interactions, and that they're stand up type of people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoyed this show, particularly the matter of fact way they did everything, which of course came off as hilarious. I really like Wayne, he's awesome, and they picked a perfect girl for Katy. I love when she just shows up out of nowhere wearing next to nothing and Wayne tells her to put some clothes on, and she tells him it really isn't her forte.

The two ambiguously gay hockey bros occasionally got a little boring for me, but I understand that part of their schtick was taking things way beyond where they needed to go. The skids didn't really do much for me except when the one guy would randomly talk in his death metal voice, but they needed to be there as well I guess. It wouldn't be as much fun if the hicks just interacted with other hicks all day I suppose.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database