Lightyear (2022)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We all know everyone here is gonna watch this. Even the haters.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
E2B906CD-6657-41F9-8633-1CBF3C9C5100.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rumors are this movie has some lesbian side character who taks about her wife and kids. why disney continues to does this i dunno.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
rumors are this movie has some lesbian side character who taks about her wife and kids. why disney continues to does this i dunno.
i actually heard there's a long-ish kiss between them as well...

i don't know how necessarily concerned i am with a lesbian character per se... but why do they have to have ANY kind of kissing or romance in a kid's movie? the lesbian/gay stuff gets amplified with that.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande

i don't know how necessarily concerned i am with a lesbian character per se... but why do they have to have ANY kind of kissing or romance in a kid's movie? the lesbian/gay stuff gets amplified with that.
Because Disney has to prove they are promoting LGTBBQ

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

its fucking pathetic. these toy story based films get more and more degraded with woke.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Remember that romantic kiss between Woody and Bo in Toy Story 4 when they finally realized their love for each other?

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
i remember Woody getting completely cucked by her.
I dont remember cucked, but she did make him look like a derpy retard due to her being perfect.

But its the general Disney sjw faggotry. MCU capshit filled with nothing but shirtless men but not a single woman in just a bra.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
But its the general Disney sjw faggotry. MCU capshit filled with nothing but shirtless men but not a single woman in just a bra.
you know i've been thinking about this lately. you have DECADES of hollywood turning women into nothing but sex objects (honestly, hollywood has been objectifying everything and everyone indiscriminately basically since it's inception, but that's another story), so having cap and thor running around all shirtless and muscly is a little bit of turnabout being fair play... but the thing that makes it interesting to me, is that men don't seem to care about being objectified. obviously i'm speaking about this in general terms, but take this clip for example...
it's all just a joke and no one cares, but if you did the reverse, where they guess actresses based on their body parts it'd feel offensive. i don't know WHY it is... i mean i could just say it's because men are more secure or whatever (which i don't necessarily believe), but there's DEFINITELY a difference in how men handle being objectified.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Toy Story 4 Woody going full carnie-toy contradicted his character in Toy Story 3, much in the same way Wreck-It Ralph 2 Vanellope going internet game hopping contradicted Wreck-It Ralph's "going Turbo".

They are actively neutering existing themes and characters while injecting pandering and agendas but simultaneously trying to limit rule 34. Reminder, Space Jam 2 exists.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dont remember cucked, but she did make him look like a derpy retard due to her being perfect.

for 3 movies, Woody risked his life to be together with his toy family, he was willing to be burned alive with them in TS3. TS4 ends with him ditching his toy family to be with the bitch who gives no fuck about any of it. he became her little bitch. he no longer had an identity, just what this harpy wanted him to do.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
you know i've been thinking about this lately. you have DECADES of hollywood turning women into nothing but sex objects (honestly, hollywood has been objectifying everything and everyone indiscriminately basically since it's inception, but that's another story), so having cap and thor running around all shirtless and muscly is a little bit of turnabout being fair play... but the thing that makes it interesting to me, is that men don't seem to care about being objectified. obviously i'm speaking about this in general terms, but take this clip for example...
I don't care Thor is a completely unrealistic man at all. The issue is that they make Thor completely unrealistic all the while going out of their way to cover up women and say how bad women showing skin is.
it's all just a joke and no one cares, but if you did the reverse, where they guess actresses based on their body parts it'd feel offensive. i don't know WHY it is... i mean i could just say it's because men are more secure or whatever (which i don't necessarily believe), but there's DEFINITELY a difference in how men handle being objectified.
Because men don't get jealous for the most part when we are shown a superior man. We want to know how to be that man. Arnold is a great example of that. Men looked at him and said how do I get jacked like Arnold? Women are insecure and neurotic so they cry and scream sexism.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
From what I understand, they originally left the scene out, but reinstated it in response to the parental rights bill that florida passed.
So make sure to prove Desantis right. What a travesty they are

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what they thought
reality
This weekend also contains the biggest disappointment of 2022 as Disney’s “Lightyear” grossed $51 million, falling far short of its projected minimum $70 million opening. That led to the total take of $163 million, a bit under expectations, for a weekend with three major recent releases.
“Lightyear” failed to open at #1, falling short of “Jurassic World: Dominion” (Universal), which dropped 60 percent to $58.6 million after opening to $145 million. That’s slightly more than the second weekend fall for the last “Jurassic,” which didn’t have the benefit of a Father’s Day.

Top Gun: Maverick” (Paramount) remains stellar. In its fourth weekend, it dropped only 15 percent for $44 million. That gets it to $466 million domestic, with a $600 million total or more now looking likely. It is rare to gross that much for its fourth weekend; for the #3 film to be at that level, rarer still.

• 2Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And you can't blame people not going to the movies, or covid, because Top Gun was a smash hit.

Disney finally feeling the repercussions of their get woke policies.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thor doesn't come out until July 8th so why did this come out a single week behind Jurassic Parkworld 23 and three weeks from Top Gun?

Rest of big summer releases look rather spread out as well.