Lightyear (2022)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
also keep in mind this is an origin story for a toy. so if you have the Toy Story Buzz toy already and the movie is based around the toy. you arent going to go out and buy the toy from the Buzz movie thats based on the toy from the Toy Story movies. makes the whole thing a giant waste of time.
Yeah, an origin story for a toy many kids already have is not a good marketing opportunity, you said something smart for once lollllllllll.

But yeah, maybe Disney just wanted to make a space movie for kids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Well due to covid shutdowns I hadn’t gone to a movie with my kids in a few years. 5/7

Black lesbian having babies hamfisted in your face at the beginning. There was the classic shady Latino, clever black spunky youth, useless white guy trio.

The movie itself was kind of difficult to care about with a few exciting scenes and cool space art animation. Huge meh, but I scored dad points so that’s ok I guess.

damn you didn't go to the movies with your kids for years and then you took them to THIS? Instead of Sonic 2 a month ago, or Minions 5 in a week? Damn damn damn.

I gave the adults a 4 hour break during Easter wekeend and took all the rugrats to Sonic 2 back in April, everyone loved it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
damn you didn't go to the movies with your kids for years and then you took them to THIS? Instead of Sonic 2 a month ago, or Minions 5 in a week? Damn damn damn.

I gave the adults a 4 hour break during Easter wekeend and took all the rugrats to Sonic 2 back in April, everyone loved it
Fuck anything to do with Minions. Minions is "Ow My Balls" for kids. Lightyear actually looks like a decent enough movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
lol i still don't get what exactly this movie is supposed to be, its a movie about a 1995 movie that the Buzz toy is based on but its not a real guy? But the movie is from 1995 but it doesn't do anything from that time period (besides obviously having lesbians in the movie, which every 90s kid will tell you was perfectly normal)

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sonic will do better than Pixar and that makes me get a smile. Haven't seen the sonic movies but I saw enough of people changing their tone on sonic I want to watch.

A character nobody wanted a film about is more successful than a Disney animated film about a iconic character.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"I would rather see a video game adaptation with Jim Carrey as the villain." is an easy way to tell if an original work failed.

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yep Sonic was a hit with the kids.
I believe it's on Paramount+ now.
They already watched it 50 more times since it coming out of theater.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I hadn’t been to the movies since one of the last Star Wars and just saw Top Gun so yeah, I was super pumped about getting my kids that experience and Lightyear shit the bed.

like I said in original there is some redeeming space art that is cool, but the movie fucking sucked. No sense of danger or meaning to anything.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The no Tim Allen because it's not the toy, it's the movie the toy was based on is complete bullshit.

They showed some of the show Woody and Jesse's toys were based on and they were still voiced by Tom Hanks and Joan Cusack

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Took the kids to see it because my son is obsessed with Toy Story. He liked it, I zoned out. When was there a lesbian kiss? I mean I saw the lesbian couple pop up a few times for 5 seconds just never a kiss

• 1Pathetic

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
879E2C13-92EF-4A67-ACF6-60E8A64E10DE.jpeg

It’s prob not one singular reason, likely a combination of all 3, with the lesbian stuff topping the list.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users