Lightyear (2022)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think he's going partial electric or hybrid now, it just doesn't end
sad. he could have been enjoying it for what it was all this time. if i was going to mod a car like that, i would upgrade the brakes, cooling, go from carb to electronic fuel injection and maybe switch from 6 to 12 volts. leave everything else stock.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So if this is supposed to be the story of the Buzz Lightyear that inspired the toy line within the Toy Story universe, based on what I see from the trailer, this is how I'm guessing the story will go:

1) Lightyear isn't his real last name, but a nickname he gets because he's testing faster than light travel on Earth
2) He'll break the speed of light and end up in another part of the galaxy, and meet Star Command
3) When he gives his name as Buzz "Lightyear," that will become his name in Star Command
4) All the spaceflight tech is not from Earth, but Star Command, in fact most of the footage looks like it's from his time with Star Command
5) Fights some of Zerg's army/meat of the story
6) Returns to Earth
7) Tells his story to NASA, be deemed crazy
8) Decides to return to Star Command
9) Friend from Earth will tell him that he'll make sure Buzz's story is remembered (why there's an in universe TV show and toys)
10) Buzz goes back to Star Command. Tells his friend he's going "To Infinity and Beyond!"

Opens possibility for sequels where Buzz fights Zerg

Not sure if I'm warm to the idea of alien empires and intergalactic space warfare in the Toy Story universe (which essentially has magic), but I'm still interested

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I was under the impression that this is the film that Andy would have seen that made him want the toy version we see in Toy Story. It's not 'real' in the same way Andy is 'real'. Basically this is Buzz's version of Woody's Roundup.

Edit: and I think given Pixar's track record and the setting my 5 year old will love it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's why I said it was weird. Buzz in the game is based on Buzz the toy, which is based on the TV show. Woody the toy is based on Woody the TV show.

This movie is about the man that the TV show is based on. It is 2 levels removed from the Toy.

Tim Allen has been a right wing drug dealer for his entire career with disney, i don't think they have any problem still using him.
I was gonna say this. This movie is about the real life buzz that inspired the cartoon.

Also who actually cares

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So if this is supposed to be the story of the Buzz Lightyear that inspired the toy line within the Toy Story universe, based on what I see from the trailer, this is how I'm guessing the story will go:

1) Lightyear isn't his real last name, but a nickname he gets because he's testing faster than light travel on Earth
2) He'll break the speed of light and end up in another part of the galaxy, and meet Star Command
3) When he gives his name as Buzz "Lightyear," that will become his name in Star Command
4) All the spaceflight tech is not from Earth, but Star Command, in fact most of the footage looks like it's from his time with Star Command
5) Fights some of Zerg's army/meat of the story
6) Returns to Earth
7) Tells his story to NASA, be deemed crazy
8) Decides to return to Star Command
9) Friend from Earth will tell him that he'll make sure Buzz's story is remembered (why there's an in universe TV show and toys)
10) Buzz goes back to Star Command. Tells his friend he's going "To Infinity and Beyond!"

Opens possibility for sequels where Buzz fights Zerg

Not sure if I'm warm to the idea of alien empires and intergalactic space warfare in the Toy Story universe (which essentially has magic), but I'm still interested
Youre making the assumption that Andy lives on earth.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh, I didn't mean who cares about Tim Allen, I'm talking about who cares about toy story anymore.
the third Toy Story was supposed to be the last one. it had an actual ending and everything.
it grossed over a billion dollars
so they said, shit, its still making a load of money. so they did a Toy Story 4.. it also had an actual ending. Woody leaving the crew once again to live happy ever after with Bo Peep. again grossed over a billion dollars.

so now they have a problem, they cant keep making endings and then keep continuing the story, but it makes more than their other latest properties.
Luca 48 million
Soul 120 million
Onward 141 million.
so now we get prequels. i bet you any fucking money when they do a Woody movie its going to have fucking Tom Hanks as the voice.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I am now warming up to the idea that Chris Evans is the Robin Williams Genie version of Buzz, and Tim Allen is the Dan Castellaneta Genie, doing all the Buzz work that Chris Evans didnt want to do, TV shows, Direct to DVD sequels, video games, etc.

Its also funny you bring up Tom Hanks, as his brother Jim has done Woody's voice a number of times, since Tom doesn't do video games, direct to video stuff, etc.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the third Toy Story was supposed to be the last one. it had an actual ending and everything.
so they said, shit, its still making a load of money. so they did a Toy Story 4.. it also had an actual ending. Woody leaving the crew once again to live happy ever after with Bo Peep. again grossed over a billion dollars.

so now they have a problem, they cant keep making endings and then keep continuing the story, but it makes more than their other latest properties.
Luca 48 million
Soul 120 million
Onward 141 million.
so now we get prequels. i bet you any fucking money when they do a Woody movie its going to have fucking Tom Hanks as the voice.
Why would they do prequels when they can just reboot the entire series?

Toy Story animation was stunning for its time but its striking how... weird/off it looks compared to Toy Story 3 and 4 now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why would they do prequels when they can just reboot the entire series?

Toy Story animation was stunning for its time but its striking how... weird/off it looks compared to Toy Story 3 and 4 now.
Disney is still rebooting other shit that doesnt need to be rebooted. give it time. there will be a live action Toy Story . Will Smith will be Woody and Michael B Jordon will play Buzz.

gak

<Gold Donor>
there will be a live action Toy Story . Will Smith will be Woody and Michael B Jordon will play Buzz.
yaaas.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Luca 48 million
Soul 120 million
Onward 141 million.
Bro how many Hollywood movies and series have had endings that they continue to just reboot, recycle, prequel, push unwanted sequels on? It’s Hollywood. If something made a shitload of money they will revisit it however they can. However satisfied the audience was with the previous work. They care about money, not people’s satisfaction with a story arc wrapping up.

Last edited:

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Luca 48 million
Soul 120 million
Onward 141 million.
I'm sure Onward being released right before COVID hit, Soul being released in the middle of it, and Luca not being shown in theaters state-side had nothing to do with their low grosses. ;)

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm sure Onward being released right before COVID hit, Soul being released in the middle of it, and Luca not being shown in theaters state-side had nothing to do with their low grosses. ;)

Bingo. Fuck taking kids to movie theaters, I'd be turning this shit on D+ and let it play in a loop like every other Pixar movie.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bro how many Hollywood movies and series have had endings that they continue to just reboot, recycle, prequel, push unwanted sequels on? It’s Hollywood. If something made a shitload of money they will revisit it however they can. However satisfied the audience was with the previous work. They care about money, not people’s satisfaction with a story arc wrapping up.
People get invested in franchises. They may lose interest during it. But come back if they hear it's the last movie. It's a good marketing tool.