Loki

Cybsled

Cinematic universe where magic, gods, time travel, and cosmic powers that can rewrite existence

Yet people on this board fucking cry about made up hurricane categories lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

• 6Like
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 8 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean obviously comic shows/movies are going to have some wild shit, but there has to be some level of reality to ground things. A cat 8 hurricane would basically be a tornado that's hundreds/thousands of miles wide. I mean it's not really a big deal, but it was definitely a bit of a jarring moment.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, what are the winds like in a cat 8 hurricane? 500mph? 700mph? is anything going to be standing in a storm like that?
the giant storms on Jupiter only get up to 350mph.
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yet people on this board fucking cry about made up hurricane categories lollllllllllllllllllllllllll
I sometimes wonder if it actually causes you physical pain to be as much of a fucking retard as you are.

• 1Garbage

Sterling

El Presidente
lol, what are the winds like in a cat 8 hurricane? 500mph? 700mph? is anything going to be standing in a storm like that?
the giant storms on Jupiter only get up to 350mph.
iu
like 300 mph. Like I said in my previous post it would basically be a hurricane sized tornado which would basically totally wreck everything. Obviously, that's the point, but you could just say it's a historic storm and not label it as cat 8 or whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's kinda pathetic how defensive you simps get over any criticism at all, even from people who say they're enjoying the show.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
like 300 mph. Like I said in my previous post it would basically be a hurricane sized tornado which would basically totally wreck everything. Obviously, that's the point, but you could just say it's a historic storm and not label it as cat 8 or whatever.
Loki: I found it! this is where he is hiding!
Mobius: You mean the historic hurricane of 2050? The official reports called it like... huge. like, way bigger than huge. like super huge. the winds were way fast. super huge fast.

yeah, you're right, too bad they rediculously called it a category 8 instead of just describing it.

Cybsled

Alternate explanation: They have their own categorization for everything. They have Class based apocalypse ratings, for instance. So maybe they have their own category rating for hurricanes completely divorced from how modern Earth defines them. Like why the fuck would the TVA care about wind speed? They would be more concerned on the impact the event has on the timeline and subsequent events in the time stream.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm upset that girl loki wasn't hotter. Bitch better clean up nice after a shower.

• 2Solidarity

j00t

i'm... almost positive that's not girl loki. it's enchantress. or rather, the 2nd enchantress. the first one is named Amora, and the second one was created by loki, modeled after Amora, but is named Sylvie Lushton. the credits call her "Sylvie," she says she doesn't like being called Loki, and loki specifically calls out her powers as being "enchantment"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i'm... almost positive that's not girl loki. it's enchantress. or rather, the 2nd enchantress. the first one is named Amora, and the second one was created by loki, modeled after Amora, but is named Sylvie Lushton. the credits call her "Sylvie," she says she doesn't like being called Loki, and loki specifically calls out her powers as being "enchantment"
So is the TVA lying or just wrong? I can believe lying, they do seem to be the villains of the story or at least the unwitting pawns of the villains.

Also does anyone else get an ex-girlfriend vibe from Ravonna towards Mobius? Maybe he ends up as Kang instead of one of the lizard-people.

j00t

So is the TVA lying or just wrong? I can believe lying, they do seem to be the villains of the story or at least the unwitting pawns of the villains.
both? loki created the 2nd enchantress, so maybe in the show she is created by a different variant loki and the TVA can't tell them apart? the timelords (or whatever form they actually are) are CLEARLY the bad guys. the TVA might not necessarily be bad... mobius seems like a pretty decent guy and that one dude, Casey, seems pretty harmless.

i could be wrong and i mentioned it earlier in the thread but i THINK what the show is ultimately trying to say is that good and bad, order and chaos are just ideas. real people don't fit on those loci. loki said as much this episode.
Also does anyone else get an ex-girlfriend vibe from Ravonna towards Mobius? Maybe he ends up as Kang instead of one of the lizard-people.
there's definitely some relationship between the two that is beyond work. i don't think we'll get any kind of reveal like that about kang this season, as the actor who is playing kang isn't in this season and isn't credited in anything until antman 3. though, the middle timelord looks just like the actor playing kang.

Cybsled

I suspect Kang will get referenced in some fashion during the season. Even if they don't name drop, some type of vague hint like "He's a great conqueror" or whatever

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
So is the TVA lying or just wrong?

I lean towards wrong. She is clearly dressing up like loki and apparently he's the most common variant.

So what's up with the timeline bombing? Looked to me like she just sent reset charges out. All they do is reset the timeline and the TVA does it all the time. Seems like that shouldn't fuck with the timeline too hard.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I lean towards wrong. She is clearly dressing up like loki and apparently he's the most common variant.

So what's up with the timeline bombing? Looked to me like she just sent reset charges out. All they do is reset the timeline and the TVA does it all the time. Seems like that shouldn't fuck with the timeline too hard.
They reset branches, she bombed the main time line...just image its like taking a knife and stabbing a garden hose in about 50 places

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
They reset branches, she bombed the main time line...just image its like taking a knife and stabbing a garden hose in about 50 places

If that knife is also used to repair the garden hose your analogy makes sense.

• 1Like