Loki

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I, for one, am looking forward to the increasing levels of pedantic derailment this thread will experience as each new episode airs

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I, for one, am looking forward to the increasing levels of pedantic derailment this thread will experience as each new episode airs
We could always discuss how the architecture in the Pompeii scene wasn't very accurate.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We could always discuss how the architecture in the Pompeii scene wasn't very accurate.
I think the enthusiasm of the pedantic derailments suggest that most of us like the show, I know I do. I barely cared to pick apart Bucky and WS.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Someone tell me if this is worth watching? I cannot tell by skimming the past few pages. After the Captain Luther King Jr and the Winter Soldier and the gender fluid bullshit, I had tapped out. But damn if Loki isn't one of my favorite characters though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone tell me if this is worth watching? I cannot tell by skimming the past few pages. After the Captain Luther King Jr and the Winter Soldier and the gender fluid bullshit, I had tapped out. But damn if Loki isn't one of my favorite characters though.
My position is that the writing is just as much of a dumpster fire as the writing for Bucky & WS was, the difference being that Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson have shoulders capable of bearing the weight of the entire show, sorta like how David Tennant carried the first season of Jessica Jones.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I think the enthusiasm of the pedantic derailments suggest that most of us like the show, I know I do. I barely cared to pick apart Bucky and WS.
Yeah, this show has been fun. Falcon and WS had some good moments, but was full of trash to go with it. Loki has for sure been the best of the 3 shows so far to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anything with Tom Hiddleston playing Loki is good. Owen Wilson playing his foil is just whipped cream on top.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just watched episode 1, and was pretty checked out 20 mins into it. Maybe episode 2 gets a little better.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To give Chuk some credit for once, people tend to conflate the max wind speed of hurricanes with the max wind speed of tornadoes, large tornadoes achieve much higher wind speeds but they last a far shorter time and are much less stable than a tropical cyclone.

The reason we stop at Category 5 is because the categories are more about the destruction caused, with sustained 157+ mph winds resulting in pretty much total destruction. There is talk about creating a Category 6 every time we get another Irma or Dorian, but what is the point exactly? Dorian utterly obliterated the Abacos and Grand Bahama, but it would have done the same damage if it's sustained winds were 20 mph lower. There's zero point in creating a Category 6, let alone 7 or 8. It's the same trash tier writing as giving US Agent 3 Medals of Honor, because the writers have no fucking clue what they're writing about and wanted a big number. Category 6 doesn't sound dramatic enough, let's make it Category 8! Except Earth's climate is barely capable of producing hurricanes that could be called Category 6, so the idea of a Category 6 is completely ridiculous.

And that's what I was complaining about, not the made up hurricane category specifically (although that is dumb) but their ideological need to cram climate change bullshit into the show. Why haven't Shuri and Riri solved climate change by 2050 considering Shuri's vast intellect utterly dwarfs that of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark working together, and Riri Williams will probably be the same?
omg you white knighted me! i still wont fuck you though.
:/

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
Possible theory: She sent the charges back to intercept TVA agents before they could correct time line branches. By erasing them, she erases their fixes, which allows the time branches to grow unchecked. By doing it all at once, the TVA is unable to fix them all.

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

People saying Mobius is Loki but what if Mobius is Kang working to bring the TVA down himself? Could be an alternate timeline Kang conspiring with himself, or some high power illusion/duplication magic.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
REALLY hope now that the ball has dropped this picks up, they could now go anywhere with this show and I hope it is fun. Lokis' running into the mandalorian, Lokis' run into

Shanghai Noons Owen Wilson for whatever reason, or any other Disney IP.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user